• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card Lifetime Free Under Alumni Program : Full Details And Application Link

Pankhuri

TF Ace
my card approved on 21 july... haven't received dispatch msg / mail... in how much mean time they usually dispatched the cards?? not talking about DF card ?
Don't know about others but my card was dispatched the next day of approval and reached me in 3 business days.

Jhon Anand

TF Premier
Wait for a week if it doesn't then try contacting alumni team. Happened for me in 4 days post approval.
my card approved on 21 july... haven't received dispatch msg / mail... in how much mean time they usually dispatched the cards?? not talking about DF card ?

R0H17

TF Select
This is strange. I successfully applied through alumni program but didn’t give any meaningful office details to agent. I simply told her write “Bandra Kurla Complex Mumbai 400051” without telling any building name or unit number. Obviously no office verification was done because no one called me to ask where in BKC should he go to verify. My CIBIL report doesn’t mention any office address either.
I can make some educated guesses here as I work in this industry.

When I had gotten my APay card, I was in Mumbai. Since then I've moved to another city.
So, when I applied for a new card, the system sees that the address (home & office) is different from the address on file and triggers a home and office verification.

I'm assuming, since my home verification was already done for previous application (which was declined due to office verification not done), it was updated on file & thus it wasn't done for the application raised via alumni campaign. But office verification was still triggered as that was pending to be verified.

What I don't understand is how did the application get approved without office verification.
Either office verification is optional (only for alumni campaign, as my platinum card application was still rejected) or there's a glitch in the system.
Another possibility is that the backend for ICICI is manual and approval is dependent on the officer working your case.

aggarwal

TF Select
I got my dual Sapphiro cards last week as part of Alumni program. Today I had to pay 8000 to a merchant where my direct Amex card never worked. I tried to pay with ICICI Sapphiro Amex variant and it worked. I had enevr expected this nbbecause network is Amex in both cases. Does it happen? Is Icici Amex having better acceptability than direct Amex MRCC?

R0H17

TF Select
I got my dual Sapphiro cards last week as part of Alumni program. Today I had to pay 8000 to a merchant where my direct Amex card never worked. I tried to pay with ICICI Sapphiro Amex variant and it worked. I had enevr expected this nbbecause network is Amex in both cases. Does it happen? Is Icici Amex having better acceptability than direct Amex MRCC?
This should not be the case. If a POS machine accepts AXEX, it'd accept all AMEX network cards. It doesn't matter if it's AMEX MRCC Or ICICI/SBI/IndusInd AMEX cards.

One question. Is the POS machine, that the merchant uses, provided by ICICI? They may be accepted an ONUS txn. In the case of ONUS, AMEX would not be involved and the machine would be able to accept the payment. Though I'm not a 100% certain of this.

aggarwal

TF Select
This should not be the case. If a POS machine accepts AXEX, it'd accept all AMEX network cards. It doesn't matter if it's AMEX MRCC Or ICICI/SBI/IndusInd AMEX cards.

One question. Is the POS machine, that the merchant uses, provided by ICICI? They may be accepted an ONUS txn. In the case of ONUS, AMEX would not be involved and the machine would be able to accept the payment. Though I'm not a 100% certain of this.
I have not noticed if the machine was by ICICI but I earlier tried payments there, it never worked with Amex MRCC.

R0H17

TF Select
I have not noticed if the machine was by ICICI but I earlier tried payments there, it never worked with Amex MRCC.
Can you check next time and let me know? You could even ask the merchant, if ICICI branding is not on the machine.
It would confirm/refute my suspicion of ONUS txn. by ICICI with your/other merchant.

Vikash_Kumar

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Any one applied for add-on card?
Through Netbanking, an option for add-on application is there but it is enabled only if add-on applicant have ICICI savings account else a pop-up is asking to visit your nearest branch. Any way it can be done online?

bossman

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Any one applied for add-on card?
Through Netbanking, an option for add-on application is there but it is enabled only if add-on applicant have ICICI savings account else a pop-up is asking to visit your nearest branch. Any way it can be done online?
I received a call from ICICI itself. They offered add-on card & will send a guy tomorrow for the process. Asked home address, add-on card holder relation & age etc.

PS: I was primarily applying for my wife so as to share the international lounge access. Later got to know that add-on card holder can't access lounge even if primary card holder has extra visit available.

Nitheesh

TF Premier
Filled the application again. She remembered me. She got angry and argued that everything was proper for me. It was like she wants me get this card more than me wanting it.
So long story short. After applying using all three mobile numbers (I took one new sim for the last application) and getting three rejections, I wrote a mail to Wealth management customer care with RBI rules and clauses stating that they should give proper reasons for rejections, and boom, the application got accepted. I instantly called customer care and raised a request to change my mobile number to my primary number and checked the LTF status. All good.

So long story short. After applying using all three mobile numbers (I took one new sim for the last application) and getting three rejections, I wrote a mail to Wealth management customer care with RBI rules and clauses stating that they should give proper reasons for rejections, and boom, the application got accepted. I instantly called customer care and raised a request to change my mobile number to my primary number and checked the LTF status. All good.
can you share the mail id & mail content?

Nitheesh

TF Premier
wealthmanagement@icicibank.com

Did you send to this id? Can you share the content, will use it for a similar case.

PS. I'm a wealth Customer.
Hello.

I'm a wealth management customer with wealth savings account number ******. I also hold an Amazon Pay ICICI card with INR 5.3 lakhs limit. I have applied for an LTF Sapphiro credit card under the alumni program because I have graduated from IIT Madras. I finished the video KYC on Sunday, 16th July. On 20th July, I am receiving the following message "Dear Customer, we are unable to approve your Credit Card Application ******. Please re-apply after six months from the date of your current application." Meanwhile, my friend who holds only Amazon Pay ICICI applied on Monday and have got approval yesterday. What kind of magic is this? Being a wealth customer, I belong to the HNI category. Without any phone verification or address verification, my application was rejected. If this is the kind of service I'm getting, then I would be forced to close my wealth account.

Now don't give me the usual nonsense response of internal criteria and bank policy. As per RBI Master Direction for Credit Card and Debit Card – Issuance and Conduct Directions, 2022, CHAPTER – II - CONDUCT OF CREDIT CARD BUSINESS, clause 6.(a).i Issue of Credit Cards - (a) Customer Acquisition: i. Card-issuers shall provide a one-page Key Fact Statement along with the credit card application containing the important aspects of the card such as rate of interest, quantum of charges, among others. In case of rejection of a credit card application, the card-issuer shall convey in writing the specific reason/s which led to the rejection of the application. You are supposed to give the exact reason for rejection.

If being a wealth customer still calls for rejection, then I don't see the use of wealth management account and I will be closing the account and moving to a different bank.

pprakash11

TF Prestige
Hello.

I'm a wealth management customer with wealth savings account number ******. I also hold an Amazon Pay ICICI card with INR 5.3 lakhs limit. I have applied for an LTF Sapphiro credit card under the alumni program because I have graduated from IIT Madras. I finished the video KYC on Sunday, 16th July. On 20th July, I am receiving the following message "Dear Customer, we are unable to approve your Credit Card Application ******. Please re-apply after six months from the date of your current application." Meanwhile, my friend who holds only Amazon Pay ICICI applied on Monday and have got approval yesterday. What kind of magic is this? Being a wealth customer, I belong to the HNI category. Without any phone verification or address verification, my application was rejected. If this is the kind of service I'm getting, then I would be forced to close my wealth account.

Now don't give me the usual nonsense response of internal criteria and bank policy. As per RBI Master Direction for Credit Card and Debit Card – Issuance and Conduct Directions, 2022, CHAPTER – II - CONDUCT OF CREDIT CARD BUSINESS, clause 6.(a).i Issue of Credit Cards - (a) Customer Acquisition: i. Card-issuers shall provide a one-page Key Fact Statement along with the credit card application containing the important aspects of the card such as rate of interest, quantum of charges, among others. In case of rejection of a credit card application, the card-issuer shall convey in writing the specific reason/s which led to the rejection of the application. You are supposed to give the exact reason for rejection.

If being a wealth customer still calls for rejection, then I don't see the use of wealth management account and I will be closing the account and moving to a different bank.
Thanks!!

equalizer

TF Premier
Okay so it has been almost a week since I received my ICICI Sapphiro VISA CC (converted from Sapphiro Dual Amex+MC). As of today I can confirm all 3 variants are active and running. I dodged 2 calls from ICICI Bank, haven't gotten them since then.
How are you ensuring the cards are active and running? I only check if all 3 are listed in iMobile - is that enough?

I have gotten 6 calls so far. I had some palpitations in all calls :ROFLMAO:
All calls were regarding my emails to confirm LTF ( i had sent one email for each card to be sure ).

Apparently they had sent a generic response ( i had posted it here somewhere ) saying that Sapphiro is not LTF.
However, each caller confirmed that my card is LTF ( collectively all calls confirmed that all 3 cards are LTF ).