• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

I have 3 Axis cards with a shared limit of 15k with annual fees totalling 1k

nangkong

TF Select
I have the Axis IOCL & the Axis Flipkart cards and their limits are shared and capped at 15k, which means that if I spend 5k on one card I will have only 10k left on the other one as well. But their annual fees are not shared and so I pay 500 rupees annually for each of them. I need both of them and so I don't want to close them, but to maintain a healthy credit utilisation ratio, I cannot spend more than 4.5k on both the cards combined (2.5k each), which is not enough to get a good return on the fees I'm paying. I have spent more than that in some months, but it brings down my credit score a bit. Now, I'm still a student and my overall expenses in a month both through upi and credit usually falls b/w 9-15k, but there are plenty of times when I buy things that are a little expensive than the usual stuff I buy, and I wish I had a higher limit on them to avail benefits such as the 5% unlimited cashback on Flipkart. I feel like I need to close one of the paid cards because of the fees I'm having to pay but I also dont want to lose even the little benefits that I'm getting from each of them. I contacted support through the helpline to ask for a limit enhancement but was told that I have to submit salary slip or ITR. I also asked them if one of the cards could be converted to an LTF one to which they replied in the negative. What should I do?

varun__goel_

TF Legend
I have the Axis IOCL & the Axis Flipkart cards and their limits are shared and capped at 15k, which means that if I spend 5k on one card I will have only 10k left on the other one as well. But their annual fees are not shared and so I pay 500 rupees annually for each of them. I need both of them and so I don't want to close them, but to maintain a healthy credit utilisation ratio, I cannot spend more than 4.5k on both the cards combined (2.5k each), which is not enough to get a good return on the fees I'm paying. I have spent more than that in some months, but it brings down my credit score a bit. Now, I'm still a student and my overall expenses in a month both through upi and credit usually falls b/w 9-15k, but there are plenty of times when I buy things that are a little expensive than the usual stuff I buy, and I wish I had a higher limit on them to avail benefits such as the 5% unlimited cashback on Flipkart. I feel like I need to close one of the paid cards because of the fees I'm having to pay but I also dont want to lose even the little benefits that I'm getting from each of them. I contacted support through the helpline to ask for a limit enhancement but was told that I have to submit salary slip or ITR. I also asked them if one of the cards could be converted to an LTF one to which they replied in the negative. What should I do?
If you can maintain some amount (25-100k) with good amt of txn on debit card, then open hdfc account. You will easily get pre approved offers.

If you're above 21, apply for kotak iocl/league platinum. They are ltf cards

nangkong

TF Select
If you can maintain some amount (25-100k) with good amt of txn on debit card, then open hdfc account. You will easily get pre approved offers.

If you're above 21, apply for kotak iocl/league platinum. They are ltf cards
i cant apply for kotak cards because I got rejected once back in the 1st week of december even when my cibil was around 790 with nearly 3 years of credit history and 0 delayed payments. They are not allowing me to apply for their cards ever since even though paytm keeps sending me messages on whatsapp telling me I have been shortlisted to get a pre-approved kotak league rupay card. And about opening an hdfc account, I cant maintain 25k+ because I already have an ICICI savings account with 10k MAB and 0 pre-approved cc offers, and my parents send me money at the end of the month, half of which gets spent on paying cc bills. thank you for the idea though. 😊

Last edited:

varun__goel_

TF Legend
i cant apply for kotak cards because I got rejected once back in the 1st week of december even when my cibil was around 790 with nearly 3 years of credit history and 0 delayed payments. They are not allowing me to apply for their cards ever since even though paytm keeps sending me messages on whatsapp telling me I have been shortlisted to get a pre-approved kotak league rupay card. And about opening an hdfc account, I cant maintain 25k+ because I already have an ICICI savings account with 10k MAB and 0 pre-approved cc offers, and my parents send me money at the end of the month, half of which gets spent on paying cc bills. thank you for the idea though. 😊
Try again in march for kotak, or open kotak 811 acc. They also offer pre approved cc.

Try to shift your acc from icici to hdfc. You will gain nothing from icici. They give very less pre approved offers.

nangkong

TF Select
Try again in march for kotak, or open kotak 811 acc. They also offer pre approved cc.

Try to shift your acc from icici to hdfc. You will gain nothing from icici. They give very less pre approved offers.
ok... I was also thinking about closing the icici account but the last time I tried doing that it was not a pleasant experience as the branch guy kept trying to get me to not close the account and told me that if I kept using it I might get a pre-approved card.

sjmajumder

TF Ace
I have Axis IOCL LTF, applied from Axis bank website directly around 6-8 months back. How did you apply?

sidp

TF Ace
. What should I do?
Just because you have 15k cl doesn't mean you can spend max 15k in a month.
You can spend as much as you want, you just have to repay before bill date. But here you can't take advantage of interest free credit. And have to plan your spends. When you are in urgent need to use your cc but don't have available cl, pay existing due through Axis open app if you have savings account or mobikwik, it settles payment instantly but you will lose the rewards. As you use your cc more, youll get better LE. But if you rotate money, you have higher chance of getting caught.

My advice- open a hdfc digi youth account. Mab is 2.5k only. Ask for millenia dc( around 570 for digi youth account, free for 25k mab savings max account)and pay your cc bill with that to get cb. You never know, you might get lucky and get a preapproved offer even with low sa balance.

You can help your friends to order some items using your account. If it has instant discount good. But for cashback you shouldn't pass rewards as it's not sure how much you'll get cashback. Sometimes for wrong mcc code you won't get rewards. When you are out fueling your bike with your friends you can use your cc if they don't have it. Use something like split wise to track who owes you what. Accept those money only through upi/netbanking, not cash. If your spends are genuine, even if you put some of your friends expenses, it won't be any where near 10LPA. So no worries about getting any ITd notice.

Last edited:

sidp

TF Ace
ok... I was also thinking about closing the icici account but the last time I tried doing that it was not a pleasant experience as the branch guy kept trying to get me to not close the account and told me that if I kept using it I might get a pre-approved card.
How much balance you maintain? If you maintain at least 30-40k and it's more than 6 months and you don't get any offer by March 20 close it. Go to branch around that time, say either give me hpcl super saver rupay ltf else I'll close it. At least get a coral rupay ltf. Know that if your account is <1yr, you ll have to pay 6-700rs for account closure.

er.jaisingh

TF Buzz
Try getting SBI cards its limit will increase as you go and spend its limit is not preset or something..Axis will give you hard time for limit increase first time they require full hard enquiry cibil with offline Agent coming to you for payslips (no ITR required) For begginners axis is only as good as LTF.

nangkong

TF Select
Try getting SBI cards its limit will increase as you go and spend its limit is not preset or something..Axis will give you hard time for limit increase first time they require full hard enquiry cibil with offline Agent coming to you for payslips (no ITR required) For begginners axis is only as good as LTF.
Yeah... got the SBI SimplyCLICK card with a decent limit this month. Hopefully, i get a limit enhancement offer soon. Thanks so much for the suggestion.

nangkong

TF Select
How much balance you maintain? If you maintain at least 30-40k and it's more than 6 months and you don't get any offer by March 20 close it. Go to branch around that time, say either give me hpcl super saver rupay ltf else I'll close it. At least get a coral rupay ltf. Know that if your account is <1yr, you ll have to pay 6-700rs for account closure.
My balance varies a lot between months but the average monthly balance is always more than the required AMB of 10k. There were indeed some pre-approved cards in the "Pre-approved offers for you" section/page on netbanking and in the app, but after making me apply and putting a hard enquiry entry in my credit report, ICICI rejected my application. I have already submitted the closure request form at the branch and was told that it would be processed within 3 working days, but even after 6 days have passed, my account is still active. I can't even escalate the matter because the escalation form is not accepting the very service request no. that they are showing in the app and on netbanking for my account closure request. I emailed them for an update regarding it but have yet to hear back. Also, my account is nearly 7-8 years old so I hope they wont charge me anything for that.

sidp

TF Ace
I emailed them for an update regarding it but have yet to hear back. Also, my account is nearly 7-8 years old so I hope they wont charge me anything for that.
Take all the money out if you can. And they shouldn't charge anything if account is<14days or >1yr.

asahi

TF Premier
Just Call the customer care & say I want to close the card, say annual fees on both cards as the reason, I’m pretty sure they’ll make either one of your Cards LTF, want to increase limit on your Axis Cards, Just Apply for a New Card eveN LTF will do, that new card will come with increased limit which will be reflected on your old cards also

cardy

TF Ace
I am assuming you have got both of the cards recently since your limit is the famous 15k. And may be you have got all the joining benefits as well. So for the fees part these cards have fees from 2nd year onwards. Using every single month with good repayment history and one year is enough for automatic limit enhancement but axis doesn't provide it often in a year so you have to pay for once in the second year. And if you use it regularly, most probably you will get enhancement in 1.5years. then only you will get benifits more. And after the fees charged you can call customer care and check if you are lucky you may receive a refund of annual fees. Don't try to threat of closing a new card you may have to repent. Overall you are a student only. Have patience you will get what you want. Good luck.

nangkong

TF Select
I am assuming you have got both of the cards recently since your limit is the famous 15k. And may be you have got all the joining benefits as well. So for the fees part these cards have fees from 2nd year onwards. Using every single month with good repayment history and one year is enough for automatic limit enhancement but axis doesn't provide it often in a year so you have to pay for once in the second year. And if you use it regularly, most probably you will get enhancement in 1.5years. then only you will get benifits more. And after the fees charged you can call customer care and check if you are lucky you may receive a refund of annual fees. Don't try to threat of closing a new card you may have to repent. Overall you are a student only. Have patience you will get what you want. Good luck.
the iocl one is kinda new but the flipkart one is in its 7th month. i got a loooooooo..t of people telling me they received their limit enhancement after the 6th month. so even though I know some don’t receive it even after a year, im still bummed that Im among the few who will receive it after a year or more of using it. I even made a lot of purchases on FK hoping they’d notice my spending behaviour and help me with an LE but to no avail.

as for the fee waiver part, I think I’ll manage to get it done for the iocl rupay card (50k) because of upi. but for the fk card it doesn’t look possible because the total spends will have to exceed 3.2 lacs and i can’t use it much anymore because it’s limit is shared with the new iocl card which i use a lot for upi and reaching its 50k fee-waiver mark.

and thank you so much for the insights. 😀😀😀

the iocl one is kinda new but the flipkart one is in its 7th month. i got a loooooooo..t of people telling me they received their limit enhancement after the 6th month. so even though I know some don’t receive it even after a year, im still bummed that Im among the few who will receive it after a year or more of using it. I even made a lot of purchases on FK hoping they’d notice my spending behaviour and help me with an LE but to no avail.

as for the fee waiver part, I think I’ll manage to get it done for the iocl rupay card (50k) because of upi. but for the fk card it doesn’t look possible because the total spends will have to exceed 3.2 lacs and i can’t use it much anymore because it’s limit is shared with the new iocl card which i use a lot for upi and reaching its 50k fee-waiver mark.

and thank you so much for the insights. 😀😀😀
Have you tried LE with income documents?