• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to upgrade from HDFC Moneyback ?

blueishu

TF Buzz
I have held moneyback LTF for about 8 years now with CL of 10L.
I thought of upgrading it to DCB since it provides negligible rewards however my upgrade request was rejected by both grievance dept. and Chennai office in April 2024.

I haven't used this much in past 2 years but I have 50k unbilled currently and plan to spend another 30k(insurance) in next cycle.

What are my options now ?
  1. Wait for auto upgrade(if it'll come) but I can't spend more.
  2. Close the card and re-apply for DCB(I am eligible) or any other variant with better rewards.
  3. Request another upgrade via documents after settle these 80k bill.
Other cards I hold :
  1. SBI cashback - Paid - 2.5L limit
  2. Axis Flipkart - Paid - 6L limit
Suggestions are welcome. My yearly spends are in ~7L range.

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I was actually in a similar situation last year holding Millenia for a really long time. I reached out to the customer care team and escalated but was asked to close the card and re-apply for regalia.

I eventually did the same, used regalia for 6 months and then got DCB ltf under alumni scheme when i got to know about it.

Hemang

TF Premier
I have held moneyback LTF for about 8 years now with CL of 10L.
I thought of upgrading it to DCB since it provides negligible rewards however my upgrade request was rejected by both grievance dept. and Chennai office in April 2024.

I haven't used this much in past 2 years but I have 50k unbilled currently and plan to spend another 30k(insurance) in next cycle.

What are my options now ?
  1. Wait for auto upgrade(if it'll come) but I can't spend more.
  2. Close the card and re-apply for DCB(I am eligible) or any other variant with better rewards.
  3. Request another upgrade via documents after settle these 80k bill.
Other cards I hold :
  1. SBI cashback - Paid - 2.5L limit
  2. Axis Flipkart - Paid - 6L limit
Suggestions are welcome. My yearly spends are in ~7L range.
bhai kindly share how you got to the limit of 10 lacs in last 8 years. Secondly i talked to jaipur head of credit card dept, he also informed me that don't close old card, as in CIBIL score old credit card gives a credible score to us. My RM just for getting his number up told me to close the old card and apply for new one after 6 months to get upgrade.
But i don't have much use to upgrade LTF regalia, hoga bhi to Regalia gold ya DCB me, still i don't have any spends related to these upgrades.
Rest mene millenia cc mujhe utilites spends ke liye chahiye tha vo mene papa, mummy ke naam se liya LTF offer me.
So just a suggestion apka card account bohot purana hai CIBIL me, to try not to close it just for upgrade, rest TF members can suggest, what is the best we can do ?

blueishu

TF Buzz
bhai kindly share how you got to the limit of 10 lacs in last 8 years. Secondly i talked to jaipur head of credit card dept, he also informed me that don't close old card, as in CIBIL score old credit card gives a credible score to us. My RM just for getting his number up told me to close the old card and apply for new one after 6 months to get upgrade.
But i don't have much use to upgrade LTF regalia, hoga bhi to Regalia gold ya DCB me, still i don't have any spends related to these upgrades.
Rest mene millenia cc mujhe utilites spends ke liye chahiye tha vo mene papa, mummy ke naam se liya LTF offer me.
So just a suggestion apka card account bohot purana hai CIBIL me, to try not to close it just for upgrade, rest TF members can suggest, what is the best we can do ?
I had CL offer for 15L at one time but I didn't went ahead as 15L was too much for me. Over all I've spent lacks on this card.
Also around 2-3 years back I got auto upgrade for Regalia gold but again didn't opted on time and it expired.

I've not used this card much in 2 years and as per Gpay CIBIL simulator my score will increase by 1 point if I close lol.

blueishu

TF Buzz
I was actually in a similar situation last year holding Millenia for a really long time. I reached out to the customer care team and escalated but was asked to close the card and re-apply for regalia.

I eventually did the same, used regalia for 6 months and then got DCB ltf under alumni scheme when i got to know about it.
Thanks for the input. I think I'll wait for 2 months and then close. It's better to re-apply and I have zero dependency on this card.

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Thanks for the input. I think I'll wait for 2 months and then close. It's better to re-apply and I have zero dependency on this card.
Yeah and if you are able to push the bank to get you an upgrade within the 2 months that would anyway resolve your problem.

Hemang

TF Premier
I had CL offer for 15L at one time but I didn't went ahead as 15L was too much for me. Over all I've spent lacks on this card.
Also around 2-3 years back I got auto upgrade for Regalia gold but again didn't opted on time and it expired.

I've not used this card much in 2 years and as per Gpay CIBIL simulator my score will increase by 1 point if I close lol.
tbhi bhai, u have spent lacs, tbhi 15 L tk offer kr rhe the ye log. Regalia gold LTF de rhe the ya paid vala ?