• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to save Maximum income tax

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
i dont think post office interest is being captured online yet by IT like bank acct

For the last couple of years they are already reporting NSC, KVP, SCSS. Don't know about MIS, RD as we don't have any now. It is only a matter of time till they start reporting the savings bank interest as well. Doesn't matter to us as we've been declaring it for the last 20+ years (we took care to ensure that it was always under the limit)

SMGROW

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Allowance paid for hostel facilities is exempt from tax upto Rs. 300 per month per child upto a maximum of 2 children.

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
For the last couple of years they are already reporting NSC, KVP, SCSS. Don't know about MIS, RD as we don't have any now. It is only a matter of time till they start reporting the savings bank interest as well. Doesn't matter to us as we've been declaring it for the last 20+ years (we took care to ensure that it was always under the limit)
Savings bank interest is already reported...

tushu5121

TF Premier
we have
1.standard deduction:50k
2.health insurance:25k
3.children education fee under 80C(capping 1.5l)
4.insurance/term plan under 80C(capping 1.5l)
5.HRA Exemption
6.Cgild education fee rebate(1200 per child upto 2 children)
please share other exemptions
I don't this will help you or not
But
There is section 80DD. Which allows you to claim 75k in the case of disability and 1.25L in the case of severe disability.
40% to 75 =75k
75 80 above = 1.25L
It can be claim if you or your dependet are physically disabled.
Actully i am disabled person woth 80% disability so i have idea about it.

List of Disabilities included under the section:

• Blindness
  • Low Vision
  • Leprosy cured
  • Locomotive disability
  • Hearing impairment
  • Mentally impaired
Dependents comprise of parents, spouse, siblings, children or any other family member who is under a HUF.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
1. You could avail a home loan together as a joint home loan borrowing with your family members and can claim the maximum tax benefits individually. This will entail each borrower to get a tax rebate of Rs 1,50,000 for principal repayment under Section 80C and Rs 2,00,000 for interest payment under Section 24.
2. If some of your equity investments are in green and you want to cash out, you can sell your greens and reds together and buy back the reds at the sell price. The net effect is you would be able to set off your capital gains with losses and pay lesser tax. Note: Only realize your notional losses and buy back those stocks only if you believe they will perform in the long run.
3. Section 80 IAC: If your company gets incorporated as a PVT LTD or LLP and is recognized as a start-up, you could a tax holiday for three consecutive FYs. This is a slightly complicated process though.
4. Section 80E: deduction for interest on loan for higher education

Last edited:

NikAsr1503

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
If you have the bandwidth, speak to your company , tell them i to deduct TDS u/s 194J and you would be filing under presumptive taxation (Section 44ADA - professionals)
Under presumptive taxation tax authority has to presume that you have 50 percent expenses and only the other 50 percent will be chargeable, best part no expense proof as its presumed.
If you earn above 20lpa, get gst and take ITC for expenses( mobile, travel, ac, etc)
Save a lot of tax with this as the amount chargeable to tax will reduce by 50 percent.
Ps- if your company is not giving permission as you would be a consultant if filed under this section , then you can tell them that you would prepare an engagement letter with same terms as that of salaried peoplez just that employer-employee relationship wont be there.
Consult a good CA before proceeding further.

thegame

TF Premier
please correct me if I am wrong here -- for take home salary of above 12-13L I guess New Tax regime will save taxes than the old regime with all these exemptions and infact make your take home salary even less as in the end you have to invest it as well like 1.5L for the exemptions for old tax regime.

Only use of old tax regime is anything below 12-13L with exemptions will make total taxes payable less in old regime and help in saving taxes plus investment/savings options for future like FD/80c etc..

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If you have the bandwidth, speak to your company , tell them i to deduct TDS u/s 194J and you would be filing under presumptive taxation (Section 44ADA - professionals)
Under presumptive taxation tax authority has to presume that you have 50 percent expenses and only the other 50 percent will be chargeable, best part no expense proof as its presumed.
If you earn above 20lpa, get gst and take ITC for expenses( mobile, travel, ac, etc)
Save a lot of tax with this as the amount chargeable to tax will reduce by 50 percent.
Ps- if your company is not giving permission as you would be a consultant if filed under this section , then you can tell them that you would prepare an engagement letter with same terms as that of salaried peoplez just that employer-employee relationship wont be there.
Consult a good CA before proceeding further.
These consultant option is suitable for very few people like doctors etc mentioned in a list. I have my doubts that a salaried person can get this legally and it is not a tax evasion case.https://www.bajajfinservmarkets.in/markets-insights/income-tax/articles/section-194j.html

People can also look at section 10 https://www.policybazaar.com/income...hat is Section 10 under,, gratuity, and so on.

NikAsr1503

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
These consultant option is suitable for very few people like doctors etc mentioned in a list. I have my doubts that a salaried person can get this legally and it is not a tax evasion case.https://www.bajajfinservmarkets.in/markets-insights/income-tax/articles/section-194j.html

People can also look at section 10 https://www.policybazaar.com/income-tax/section-10/#:~:text=What is Section 10 under,, gratuity, and so on.
Check this out, almost all professionals are expressively covered, others can be covered under technical consulatncy.

Its often a misconception that 44ada is for doctors and CA only.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-06-15-08-05-15-09_f541918c7893c52dbd1ee5d319333948.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-06-15-08-05-15-09_f541918c7893c52dbd1ee5d319333948.jpg
    440.1 KB · Views: 10

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
In presumptive taxation under Section 44AD, your net income is considered as 8% of your turnover and you will pay tax on that income. If your receipts are in digital (non-cash) form then only 6% of your receipts is your net income and you will pay tax on that income. You don't have to maintain accounting records

NikAsr1503

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
In presumptive taxation under Section 44AD, your net income is considered as 8% of your turnover and you will pay tax on that income. If your receipts are in digital (non-cash) form then only 6% of your receipts is your net income and you will pay tax on that income. You don't have to maintain accounting records
This is is for specified businesses gengaged in trade of goods

arko

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I don't this will help you or not
But
There is section 80DD. Which allows you to claim 75k in the case of disability and 1.25L in the case of severe disability.
40% to 75 =75k
75 80 above = 1.25L
It can be claim if you or your dependet are physically disabled.
Actully i am disabled person woth 80% disability so i have idea about it.

List of Disabilities included under the section:

• Blindness
  • Low Vision
  • Leprosy cured
  • Locomotive disability
  • Hearing impairment
  • Mentally impaired
Dependents comprise of parents, spouse, siblings, children or any other family member who is under a HUF.
can i claim my fathers parkinson in 80ddb and in fathers it file in 80u