• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to optimise my spends across Amex, HDFC, SBI

atul9906

TF Buzz
My monthly spends are between 1-2 lacs, these are majorly online either shopping or travel (hotel/flights). How should I distribute my spends considering in mind that I can extract maximum reward points on the cards below:

1. AMEX MRCC
2. HDFC DCB
3. SBI Vistara Prime
4. Axis Airtel (1% cashback)

1000*4 + 20k Monthly on MRCC is no brainer
I'm confused b/w DCB & SBI, Vistara Flight vouchers are difficult to utilise & my DCB is already LTF. What makes more sense- accumulate more CV Points or HDFC Points ( since MRCC beyond 20k doesn't make sense , right) ?

R@ndomiz€r

TF Select
You can try the following split -

20-22k - MRCC
8-10k - Airtel Axis (as the returns start to diminish after 10-11k)

For DCB, you can try hitting the 8L (which comes to roughly 60-65k a month) milestone rewards as it allows 1:1 transfer to airmiles partners, also booking travels via smartbuy will give you a accelerated rewards/excellent redemption options. Annual milestone give Club Marriot and MMT black membership amongst other traveling benefits

The rest on SBI Vistara card.

The points you get from MRCC and DCB can be pooled in to Club Vistara basis your needs. Additionally, MRCC and DCB can also be transferred to hotel partners like Marriott Bonvoy to further maximise returns.

atul9906

TF Buzz
You can try the following split -

20-22k - MRCC
8-10k - Airtel Axis (as the returns start to diminish after 10-11k)

For DCB, you can try hitting the 8L (which comes to roughly 60-65k a month) milestone rewards as it allows 1:1 transfer to airmiles partners, also booking travels via smartbuy will give you a accelerated rewards/excellent redemption options. Annual milestone give Club Marriot and MMT black membership amongst other traveling benefits

The rest on SBI Vistara card.

The points you get from MRCC and DCB can be pooled in to Club Vistara basis your needs. Additionally, MRCC and DCB can also be transferred to hotel partners like Marriott Bonvoy to further maximise returns.
Thanks a lot for the detailed breakdown. Really appreciate the help.

With DCB i'm facing Diner's acceptance issue, do you think I can get a LTF Infinia upgrade on my LTF DCB?

R@ndomiz€r

TF Select
Thanks a lot for the detailed breakdown. Really appreciate the help.

With DCB i'm facing Diner's acceptance issue, do you think I can get a LTF Infinia upgrade on my LTF DCB?
With HDFC it is anyone's guess tbh. If your salary matches the requirements or you have a strong NRV with the bank then you can try for Infinia but going by how HDFC functions these days LTF is a long shot. I personally wouldn't keep high hopes on the bank. They're not even giving me a Regalia Gold LTF despite having a corporate salary account, insurance and a MF with them😂😂

You can leverage your DCB through Smartbuy vouchers wherever you can and get through the acceptance issues.