• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to make best use of CV points?

mangesh

TF Buzz
I was expecting the value of 1 CV point to be around 0.8 Rs. But on their site while trying to look for flights, even for flights in March, I am seeing the value to be less than half of what I was expecting. Am I missing something?

ak90

TF Buzz
The value is normally better the closer the flight is to the date, and also normally higher on one-way flights rather than round-trips.
You can get great value on international routes (eg: Delhi-London round trip is 78K INR | 60K CV)

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
The value is normally better the closer the flight is to the date, and also normally higher on one-way flights rather than round-trips.
You can get great value on international routes (eg: Delhi-London round trip is 78K INR | 60K CV)
It shows this error when trying to check Flights redemption on Delhi-London route

Something went wrong.

We are sorry for the inconvenience, we encountered an error processing your request.
  • We are unable to find departing flights for requested outbound (9200 [866])

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I was expecting the value of 1 CV point to be around 0.8 Rs. But on their site while trying to look for flights, even for flights in March, I am seeing the value to be less than half of what I was expecting. Am I missing something?
Use it on longer routes (2hr+). You'll be able to extract more than Re. 1 per CV point on some routes.

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
yeah.. showing for these dates, but for January dates it gave me that error, is it showing availability to you for Jan?
Also its 60k CV + 15k INR, but still 1:1 in terms of value

which route are you searching for??

ak90

TF Buzz
@TheMentalist I can see availability for a few days only - economy onwards and premium economy for return. How did the extra 15K come up? Did you choose points + cash? That is always more expensive than pure points

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
@TheMentalist I can see availability for a few days only - economy onwards and premium economy for return. How did the extra 15K come up? Did you choose points + cash? That is always more expensive than pure points
15k must be the taxes component, 13k+ is for London to Delhi route
Btw, how to check which days are available and which are not?

mangesh

TF Buzz
Bangalore-Mumbai-Chennai-Ahmedabad are the cities I fly regularly between. Had a cursory glance at their website, and felt like it would be difficult to derive much value from the CV points
yeah.. showing for these dates, but for January dates it gave me that error, is it showing availability to you for Jan?
Also its 60k CV + 15k INR, but still 1:1 in terms of value

which route are you searching for??

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Flying out of London is ridiculous expensive thanks to the passenger service charges.

Just for comparison on the passenger services charges:
LHR -> ~USD170
AMS -> ~USD70
CDG -> ~USD60
DEL -> ~USD17

It's ridiculous they charge that much just for departing out of LHR.

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
@gurbina Air India is moving all their London flights to Gatwick from March I hear
Even then it's still expensive.

LGW
UK Air passenger Duty USD102.30
UK Passenger Service Charge USD20.80

LHR
UK Air passenger Duty USD102.30
UK Passenger Service Charge USD68

Both are bonkers, anywhere in the UK is bound to be sky high. Then flying out of Dublin just USD8.90.

Anywhere else in Europe usually below USD70 and as low as ~4USD with many in the USD20-30 range.

xxScriptzxx

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thats because of high ADT. When flying out of london, better use dublin leg. London to dublin is also cheap.
Flying out of London is ridiculous expensive thanks to the passenger service charges.

Just for comparison on the passenger services charges:
LHR -> ~USD170
AMS -> ~USD70
CDG -> ~USD60
DEL -> ~USD17

It's ridiculous they charge that much just for departing out of LHR