• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to get wrong MCC code changed

varun__goel_

TF Legend
One of the offline grocery store near me is registered as Apparels 5699 MCC code instead of 5411. This is causing me loss of cashback on hsbc cashback cc. What can I do to get it changed?
Go and steal his POS terminal. He will be forced to buy a new terminal🤣🤣 Visit the very next day again, present your card and when he says that pos has been stolen, taunt him to get a pos under proper mcc🤣🤣

akshayhs

TF Ace
Go and steal his POS terminal. He will be forced to buy a new terminal🤣🤣 Visit the very next day again, present your card and when he says that pos has been stolen, taunt him to get a pos under proper mcc🤣🤣
Smart Unscreen Sticker - Smart Unscreen Ml Stickers

varun__goel_

TF Legend
What a funny world we live in.

Shopkeeper owns the shop. Shopkeeper owns the POS Machine. Shopkeeper processed 50k txs everyday. But Shopkeeper doesn't care about the MCC.

OP buys vegetables once a week. OP spends just 500 every week. But OP is more worried about fixing the economy than the shopkeeper himself!
Why would shopkeeper even worry about mcc. Neither he is being charged something extra nor something less on different mcc excluding some specific categories. Usko ghnta farak nhi padega
And if he approaches him for this, he will get pissed as he must be like 'lala ji🤣' and kick him out🤣🤣

Last edited:

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Nah. it should not be like this. A person with Grocery MCC cannot use it to sell Diamonds. You get me. Right?
Even if someone does this, you still can not strong-arm any shop owner.
At best you can file a complaint with the appropriate authorities (VISA/MC etc.), but still, you don't have the right to demand a particular MCC.

At any moment when a business feels that he is losing customers/revenues because his MCC is wrong, then he may take notice of the fact, which is very unlikely