• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to get Gold Charge Card annual renewal fee waiver?

codenerd

TF Ace
Please share your experience using this card as they dont really have any spend based waiver. Has anyone been able to waive their annual renewal fee or able to negotiate the fees? If yes please share details.

Rohit8055

TF Buzz
Call customer care.. Ask them.. I told them I don't want to pay such high charges . Any offer for me else I would like to close the card.. initially he told me if I can spend 90000 in coming 3 months then they can... Then i denied told that your card is not accepted everywhere so it will not be possible for me to spend that much amount.. then he told me give me some time he will speak with someone senior to him and after some long pause he confirmed that 100% waiver approved and it will be credited back after 2/3 days of bill generation..

Last year also I paid only approximately 1300 only... And received 5000 rewards points...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221226-165714-166.png
    Screenshot_20221226-165714-166.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 55

codenerd

TF Ace
Call customer care.. Ask them.. I told them I don't want to pay such high charges . Any offer for me else I would like to close the card.. initially he told me if I can spend 90000 in coming 3 months then they can... Then i denied told that your card is not accepted everywhere so it will not be possible for me to spend that much amount.. then he told me give me some time he will speak with someone senior to him and after some long pause he confirmed that 100% waiver approved and it will be credited back after 2/3 days of bill generation..

Last year also I paid only approximately 1300 only... And received 5000 rewards points...
Thanks a lot! Are you saying that the 1st year u paid only 1300 and the next year u got 100% waiver? Also how was ur spend limit this year for which they gave 100% waiver on Gold Card? DO u use any other AMEX card also with high spends?

Rohit8055

TF Buzz
No. I don't use this card so much.. my target is Only to achieve 6000 spends.. But in first year i bought some jwellery by using my card to one of my friend.. Some times booked mobile phone..
During 1 St year may be i have some 1.5 Lac. And during second year may be 1 lac only... Now this is my third year...

And about annual fee..

1st year they charge 1000 and in return used to give some points whose value will be around 1000... So it's like free of cost...

At the starting of second year i was having only 20000 reward points so have not achieved 24k benifit of 9000 Amazon voucher.. So I called customer care in the 11th month of card membership... and asked any offer for me... They told they can give me discount and i have to pay near about 1300/1500 fee only and also I will get 5000 points also... So it's like free for me and also easy for me to achieve 24k target... So happily i accepted it... So initially they charged full amount and again credited remaining balance amount...

Finally at the starting 3rd year in 23rd month again I called customer care.. and decided that I will cancel the card, if they charge full amount of 4500+gst.. but they gave me full waiver.. so I accepted it... So first they will charge annual fee and after 2 , 3 days they will credit it..