• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to get credit card limit enhancement? Hidden information

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Who doesn't want to hold premium credit cards with a high credit limit? Sometimes banks ask you to have a certain credit limit on your existing credit card before upgrading your credit card to a higher variant card. For example, HDFC Bank asks you to have a minimum of Rs. 8 lakh limit on your existing credit card before upgrading it to the HDFC Infinia credit card.
There are lots of benefits to having a high credit limit on your credit cards.
- Your card qualifies for an upgrade to a higher variant card.
- You'll have high spending power.
- You can maintain low utilisation ratio.
- Increased chances of approval if you apply for another credit card using that card (card to card method) and many more.

But how does one get limit enhancement?
There are two options to get credit limit enhancement on your credit card.
1. Automatic Limit Enhancement
2. Manual Limit Enhancement

1. Automatic Limit Enhancement:
You don't have to do anything to get an automatic limit enhancement offer from the bank. Just use your credit card regularly and pay your credit card bill on time. That's it. The bank will review your credit card account from time to time (normally every 6 months) and offer you an automatic limit enhancement. You'll get a call/sms/email/app notification from the bank.

2. Manual Limit Enhancement:
There are a few methods you can use to request credit limit enhancement from your bank.

a. Call & Ask:
Remember one thing... If you don't ask for something, you'll not get it. So, call your bank and ask for a limit enhancement. Sometimes customer care officers do provide limit enhancement. You can also email your bank and ask for a limit enhancement.

b. Submit income documents:
you can email your income documents (i.e., salary slip, ITR) to your bank and ask for limit enhancement. The bank will review your income documents and may offer a limit enhancement.

c. Maintaining High NRV:
If you are maintaining a high NRV with your card issuer bank, then ask for an extra limit. Some banks do offer limit enhancement if you maintain a high relationship value with your bank. You can email and request a limit enhancement on the basis of your NRV.

d. Limit Enhancement On The Basis Of Other Bank Credit Cards' Limit:
Yes, a few banks offer credit card limit enhancement on the basis of your other bank credit cards' limit. It's just like a hotel loyalty programme status match.
For example, if you have a 12L limit on your HDFC Bank credit card, you can email your card statement to ICICI Bank and ask for a limit match. Sometimes the bank matches your limit; sometimes they ask for additional proof like an ITR or salary slip. This is not an official way of asking for limit enhancement, but yes, a few banks do offer limit enhancement this way. So you can try your luck.

I have used this method multiple times to match one bank's credit card limit to another bank's card.
Here I'm attaching some screenshots-

My ICICI Bank Credit Card limit -
icici bank limit.jpeg

My BOB Card Limit-
BOB card limit.jpeg

My IndusInd Bank Card Limit-
Induisnd Bank card limit.jpeg

Credit card limit enhancement depends on many factors, so nothing is guaranteed.
Try your luck.

Akash_Aryan

TF Select
Are you here for engagement or for answers? 🤭
Bhai engagement aaega tabhi to answer aaega. Jab post pe 1 ya 2 log hi aaenge, to genuine solution kaese mil paega. You can check my previous posts also, mostly 2-3 replies only, and that also not solid confirmation. If a post gets engagement then only accurate information based on more numbers of solutions can be taken. That was my motive , nothing more than that. If it violates any rule& regulations in any manner, then let me know.

pprakash11

TF Prestige
Bhai engagement aaega tabhi to answer aaega. Jab post pe 1 ya 2 log hi aaenge, to genuine solution kaese mil paega. You can check my previous posts also, mostly 2-3 replies only, and that also not solid confirmation. If a post gets engagement then only accurate information based on more numbers of solutions can be taken. That was my motive , nothing more than that. If it violates any rule& regulations in any manner, then let me know.
Aisa nahi hai brother.
Correct thread me dalo those who know your question will definitely come for answers.
Aise other threads me spam karne se it violates as per mods.
Kindly apprise with the same.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Isko spam kehte hain and it definitely violates the terms and conditions. You could have waited patiently for someone to answer your question instead of asking the same thing in multiple threads, especially in threads that have no connection to your original post.

Anyway, I am done explaining it to you. I am glad that you got your engagement. 😄

Akash_Aryan

TF Select
Aisa nahi hai brother.
Correct thread me dalo those who know your question will definitely come for answers.
Aise other threads me spam karne se it violates as per mods.
Kindly apprise with the same.
Ok brother, my motive was to get accurate information and that too as soon as possible. Therefore I posted it 2-3 times. Now deleted from other places.

Akash_Aryan

TF Select
Isko spam kehte hain and it definitely violates the terms and conditions. You could have waited patiently for someone to answer your question instead of asking the same thing in multiple threads, especially in threads that have no connection to your original post.

Anyway, I am done explaining it to you. I am glad that you got your engagement. 😄
I needed answer and thanks to @pprakash11 I got the answer. I have already deleted the post from every other place.

cardy

TF Ace
I had a money-back credit card for almost 4 years. It started with a limit of 78k, but last year it was increased to 148k. Later, I decided to upgrade to the Millenia credit card, but unfortunately, the limit was reduced to 112k. During this time, I spent about 40k per month with the card.

At the same time, I also had an ICICI platinum credit card that started with a limit of 30k. Over the years, its limit has grown to 420k.

I tried talking to my HDFC RM and customer care to get my old HDFC money-back card limit back, but they denied.

Now, I'm thinking of emailing them with my latest payslip to request a limit increase. My concern is whether this would result in a hard inquiry on my CIBIL credit score.
Customer requested limit enhancement generally always attracts a hard credit enquiry.

macx

TF Buzz
Customer requested limit enhancement generally always attracts a hard credit enquiry.
Yes, there was a hard enquiry for millennia upgrade, but I do not understand the decrease in Limit, my salary was more than doubled from money back application.
Any way I just gave up HDFC and laid rest my target for Infinia. :p.

darthvader1

TF Buzz
Who doesn't want to hold premium credit cards with a high credit limit? Sometimes banks ask you to have a certain credit limit on your existing credit card before upgrading your credit card to a higher variant card. For example, HDFC Bank asks you to have a minimum of Rs. 8 lakh limit on your existing credit card before upgrading it to the HDFC Infinia credit card.
There are lots of benefits to having a high credit limit on your credit cards.
- Your card qualifies for an upgrade to a higher variant card.
- You'll have high spending power.
- You can maintain low utilisation ratio.
- Increased chances of approval if you apply for another credit card using that card (card to card method) and many more.

But how does one get limit enhancement?
There are two options to get credit limit enhancement on your credit card.
1. Automatic Limit Enhancement
2. Manual Limit Enhancement

1. Automatic Limit Enhancement:
You don't have to do anything to get an automatic limit enhancement offer from the bank. Just use your credit card regularly and pay your credit card bill on time. That's it. The bank will review your credit card account from time to time (normally every 6 months) and offer you an automatic limit enhancement. You'll get a call/sms/email/app notification from the bank.

2. Manual Limit Enhancement:
There are a few methods you can use to request credit limit enhancement from your bank.

a. Call & Ask:
Remember one thing... If you don't ask for something, you'll not get it. So, call your bank and ask for a limit enhancement. Sometimes customer care officers do provide limit enhancement. You can also email your bank and ask for a limit enhancement.

b. Submit income documents:
you can email your income documents (i.e., salary slip, ITR) to your bank and ask for limit enhancement. The bank will review your income documents and may offer a limit enhancement.

c. Maintaining High NRV:
If you are maintaining a high NRV with your card issuer bank, then ask for an extra limit. Some banks do offer limit enhancement if you maintain a high relationship value with your bank. You can email and request a limit enhancement on the basis of your NRV.

d. Limit Enhancement On The Basis Of Other Bank Credit Cards' Limit:
Yes, a few banks offer credit card limit enhancement on the basis of your other bank credit cards' limit. It's just like a hotel loyalty programme status match.
For example, if you have a 12L limit on your HDFC Bank credit card, you can email your card statement to ICICI Bank and ask for a limit match. Sometimes the bank matches your limit; sometimes they ask for additional proof like an ITR or salary slip. This is not an official way of asking for limit enhancement, but yes, a few banks do offer limit enhancement this way. So you can try your luck.

I have used this method multiple times to match one bank's credit card limit to another bank's card.
Here I'm attaching some screenshots-

My ICICI Bank Credit Card limit -
icici bank limit.jpeg

My BOB Card Limit-
BOB card limit.jpeg

My IndusInd Bank Card Limit-
Induisnd Bank card limit.jpeg

Credit card limit enhancement depends on many factors, so nothing is guaranteed.
Try your luck.
I guess this doesn't work with SBI. I've a Elite with 3.6 lac limit & a CASHBACK one with just 20K. Requested them a couple of times but to no avail.
Plus another issue, whenever I apply for an add on card I get the invalid image error. I so so hate the useless sbi guys.

hs23new

TF Premier
IndusInd is rejecting my credit limit enhancement request on 1 year on card with 30k limit without providing a proper reason. I have provided salary slips bank statement and HDFC CC statement which has 5.32L limit.

Please suggest some way to tackle the issue. Main reason for asking LE is to upgrade to Pinnacle card.

Tejo

TF Legend
IndusInd is rejecting my credit limit enhancement request on 1 year on card with 30k limit without providing a proper reason. I have provided salary slips bank statement and HDFC CC statement which has 5.32L limit.

Please suggest some way to tackle the issue. Main reason for asking LE is to upgrade to Pinnacle card.
Close that. Get new one.

else try to go to the branch ask manager to close the card and savings account if they are not going to give limit enhance...

FinoGuy

TF Ace

Close it. Don't bend. Anyways it's useless to you with such low limit as your target is pinnacle