• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to convert HDFC savings account to salary account ?

cherryj1988

TF Select
As I said in the question, my company has a tie up with HDFC and i already have a savings acc in HDFC. Whats the easiest way to convert it to salary account ?
And is there any problem if i DONT convert it to salary account and use savings acc itself as salary account ?

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Yes.... You can easily get the yearl fees in a month... If you pay your credit card bills... Upto 75000 pm from hdfc billpay... Using hdfc platinum debit card.... It will give 1% cb upto 750 pm
I plan to open hdfc max joint a/c (debit card is free no matter which), when I do will use HDFC visa plat debit, or there are any others I should consider? Like millennia debit? I head 2-3 debit cards give cashbacks

TF Ace
TF Family
I plan to open hdfc max joint a/c (debit card is free no matter which), when I do will use HDFC visa plat debit, or there are any others I should consider? Like millennia debit? I head 2-3 debit cards give cashbacks
Millenia DC has a limit of 1% upto ₹400 pm. For Easyshop Platinum DC it is upto ₹750 pm. Millenia will aslo give 1% cb on loading wallets like Paytm, whereas Platinum DC won't. You can check out TechnoFino's video for comparison in detail. Other than these other DCs from HDFC aren't worth considering.

prc1990

TF Legend
Millenia DC has a limit of 1% upto ₹400 pm. For Easyshop Platinum DC it is upto ₹750 pm. Millenia will aslo give 1% cb on loading wallets like Paytm, whereas Platinum DC won't. You can check out TechnoFino's video for comparison in detail. Other than these other DCs from HDFC aren't worth considering.
Millennia too is very costly actually though it is a cashback card. 🥲

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
You should consider platinum visa card.... Millenia gives cb.. After 90 days.... Platinum gets credited in 2-4 working days of transaction.... But in millenia you can get cb even for paying credit card bill using paytm... But for platinum you have to yse only hdfc bill pay...

AllSeeker

TF Ace
You should consider platinum visa card.... Millenia gives cb.. After 90 days.... Platinum gets credited in 2-4 working days of transaction.... But in millenia you can get cb even for paying credit card bill using paytm... But for platinum you have to yse only hdfc bill pay...
Wait, so you are saying millennia even gives cb on bill payments on paytm? I'm curious about this since I've heard billpay doesn't work with all credit card bill payments but paytm might work. Does paytm have any charges for paying cc bills on its platform?

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Okay, so I'll prioritise one of the two, mostly easyshop since I like my cashback as early as possible. :ROFLMAO:

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Wait, so you are saying millennia even gives cb on bill payments on paytm? I'm curious about this since I've heard billpay doesn't work with all credit card bill payments but paytm might work. Does paytm have any charges for paying cc bills on its platform?
Yes paytm will work even on loading of wallet upto 40000 pm.. But you will get cb after 90 days....... Andhdfc supports major ones except.... One card lite, bob, au, idfc....

jack333

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
HDFC Mobile banking app > More > Salary account services > Update your employer details. They'll process it.

If you want their credit cards, then converting it to a salary account is the best option. In addition to that, debit card is free and your account essentially turns into a free Zero balance account.
Is there any way to convert normal saving or classic saving account to salary account online or it can be done only through branch?
@Batmanbaba

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Is there any way to convert normal saving or classic saving account to salary account online or it can be done only through branch?
@Batmanbaba
I am yet to try this process.... But I have seen some people got their account converted... Some answers on quora....

But normal process is if u open new salary account online... Then no docs required.... New account means. Not having any hdfc account... Total new customer....

Or else by visit to branch and giving appointment letter /salary slips...

Alex292929

TF Premier
I am yet to try this process.... But I have seen some people got their account converted... Some answers on quora....

But normal process is if u open new salary account online... Then no docs required.... New account means. Not having any hdfc account... Total new customer....

Or else by visit to branch and giving appointment letter /salary slips...
will it work if the co. name is not in the list?

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
will it work if the co. name is not in the list?
Now its not working online.. By just entering companies name and requesting for conversion to Salary account.... ... Either u have to open new salary account online... If u dont have any other hdfc account... Or go to branch and follow normal process.... If u have already a hdfc account... Then u can do the new salary account opening process online .... Then after that u have to visit branch for activation of account...

Alex292929

TF Premier
Now its not working online.. By just entering companies name and requesting for conversion to Salary account.... ... Either u have to open new salary account online... If u dont have any other hdfc account... Or go to branch and follow normal process.... If u have already a hdfc account... Then u can do the new salary account opening process online .... Then after that u have to visit branch for activation of account...
I already have a preferred saving ac, closing it, is not an option for me.
So, I will have to visit branch and get it converted to salary. right?

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
I already have a preferred saving ac, closing it, is not an option for me.
So, I will have to visit branch and get it converted to salary. right?
Yes.... U have to share documents of ur employment like appointment letter or salary slip.... In online account opening... Only salary credit is required.... But since u already have a hdfc account... Salary account can be only done through branch... Even if u fill all the details online.... It will give u application number......then u have to visit the branch and open the account...

Alex292929

TF Premier
Yes.... U have to share documents of ur employment like appointment letter or salary slip.... In online account opening... Only salary credit is required.... But since u already have a hdfc account... Salary account can be only done through branch... Even if u fill all the details online.... It will give u application number......then u have to visit the branch and open the account...
not sure if co. has a tie up with hdfc bank, as it is not showing on the app.
so can it be converted to salary even if there's no tie up?(offline)

kjs

TF Premier
Yes that's the basic requirement... Company nane should be in select list
My company name has HDFC Bank in the list ..called the CC , they told i need to submit letter from company to Branch with stamped etc..Then asked about variants .CC told there are no variants.. Classic, preferred nothing..and no way to open family account 0 balance with salary account..I told them have you ever read what variants are there for Sal account , then got reply as we dont have access for all that.. Really HDFC bank !! Whats wrong with ur executives