• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to change Emerald variant from Visa to Master and Amex?

venky2607

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

I tried sending an email and they say due to security they can’t change over email and asked to call the customer care.

Tried calling customer and they denied sating it depends on application to application and 90% they offer visa variant.

• Hehe
Reactions: SSV

shrewdoc

TF Ace
I recommend using Level Support System in case of ICICI. Start from L1 and progress accordingly if you're not satisfied.
Most likely, you will get your issue resolved at L1 itself. If not, you can access L2 from there via SR easily.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

I tried sending an email and they say due to security they can’t change over email and asked to call the customer care.

Tried calling customer and they denied sating it depends on application to application and 90% they offer visa variant.
This is a typical use case for Twitter (X) route support.

ZappyRed

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

What do you have? A paid one? or a LTF one?

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Is there any advantage of having the Amex variant of Emeralde vs the regular Visa variant?
Do we get access to Amex lounges in Mumbai or Delhi if we have the Amex variant?

@anirban.choudhury I remember you had Emeralde card, Would you mind sharing which variant you have?

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Is there any advantage of having the Amex variant of Emeralde vs the regular Visa variant?
Do we get access to Amex lounges in Mumbai or Delhi if we have the Amex variant?

@anirban.choudhury I remember you had Emeralde card, Would you mind sharing which variant you have?
Visa Infinite
Generally icici doesn't cater request to change variant in Emeralde
Still you can request them on twitter and check

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I don't have the card yet, But I might get it LTF based on the relationship, given the choice which variant should I go for? Visa or Dual (MC + Amex)
Emerald is not issued in dual
If you want to leverage the domestic lounge network then do with visa or MC
As Amex only has access to 9 domestic lounge access in India

But amex gets a 5000 voucher on your birthday , but if your card is LTF I highly doubt they would give that
Go with visa infinite in my opinion

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Emerald is not issued in dual
If you want to leverage the domestic lounge network then do with visa or MC
As Amex only has access to 9 domestic lounge access in India

But amex gets a 5000 voucher on your birthday , but if your card is LTF I highly doubt they would give that
Go with visa infinite in my opinion
Oh okay. Will go for the Visa variant.
Thanks a lot for the quick response.