• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How is the FinBooster: YES BANK - BankBazaar Co-branded Credit Card?

yolofino

TF Premier
I applied for this card because only Yes bank cards had some offer on a particular website.

It's mentioned as LTF but they have bundled it with some "CreditStrong" subscription from BankBazaar, which will cost some money next year if you don't spend more than 1 lakh in the first year.

So it's not LTF in that sense. Do RBI allow such malpractices? I emailed Yes bank to cancel the subscription but they replied this -

We wish to inform you that Credit Strong is an in build feature of FINBOOSTER CARD. We are unable to cancel the subscription.

Can someone share the escalation matrix for Yes bank credit cards?

onlinetushar

TF Buzz
I applied for this card because only Yes bank cards had some offer on a particular website.

It's mentioned as LTF but they have bundled it with some "CreditStrong" subscription from BankBazaar, which will cost some money next year if you don't spend more than 1 lakh in the first year.

So it's not LTF in that sense. Do RBI allow such malpractices? I emailed Yes bank to cancel the subscription but they replied this -

We wish to inform you that Credit Strong is an in build feature of FINBOOSTER CARD. We are unable to cancel the subscription.

Can someone share the escalation matrix for Yes bank credit cards?
Please complain to RBI. Also, check the attached screenshot 😉

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-26 at 8.55.07 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-26 at 8.55.07 PM.png
    189.1 KB · Views: 117

anonymuos

TF Ace
Yes Bank customer care first gave me the same copy-paste reply "Credit Strong subscription is part of the FinBooster card and cannot be disabled." Then I requested closure of this CC immediately. Someone from Yes Bank CC team (it identified on TrueCaller as Yes Bank Relationship Manager) called and said there is no more subscription from 2nd year but still if I was not convinced, I should email BankBazaar since this is a co-branded credit card.

So I emailed BankBazaar who confirmed that it is lifetime free, no strings attached. The subscription is complimentary and lifetime free. No charges levied in the statement from 2nd year. Since they confirmed this in writing over email, I have decided to not close the card for now. If Yes Bank still levy charges after such confusing communication, I will absolutely approach RBI and get them reversed.

The pros of this otherwise ordinary Yes Bank CC are: lately almost all Yes Bank CCs have become chargeable except very select few which still get LTF but generally speaking, LTF offers from Yes Bank on their CCs have stopped, and there is a lot of mis-selling by agents and bank staff.

In comparison, this co-branded cc is still being offered LTF. According to this video of its launch: it has accelerated reward points on online dining, apparel & grocery, there is no cap on reward points and the reward points don't expire. That being said, this is a very below-ordinary card, the reward rate itself is meh. There are far better and far more rewarding cards. Get this only if you can't get a LTF Yes Bank CC since all occasional discounts and offers from Yes Bank work on this card as well.

Last edited:
Yes Bank customer care first gave me the same copy-paste reply "Credit Strong subscription is part of the FinBooster card and cannot be disabled." Then I requested closure of this CC immediately. Someone from Yes Bank CC team (it identified on TrueCaller as Yes Bank Relationship Manager) called and said there is no more subscription from 2nd year but still if I was not convinced, I should email BankBazaar since this is a co-branded credit card.

So I emailed BankBazaar who confirmed that it is lifetime free, no strings attached. The subscription is complimentary and lifetime free. No charges levied in the statement from 2nd year. Since they confirmed this in writing over email, I have decided to not close the card for now. If Yes Bank still levy charges after such confusing communication, I will absolutely approach RBI and get them reversed.

The pros of this otherwise ordinary Yes Bank CC are: lately almost all Yes Bank CCs have become chargeable except very select few which still get LTF but generally speaking, LTF offers from Yes Bank on their CCs have stopped, and there is a lot of mis-selling by agents and bank staff.

In comparison, this co-branded cc is still being offered LTF. According to this video of its launch: it has accelerated reward points on online dining, apparel & grocery, there is no cap on reward points and the reward points don't expire. That being said, this is a very below-ordinary card, the reward rate itself is meh. There are far better and far more rewarding cards. Get this only if you can't get a LTF Yes Bank CC since all occasional discounts and offers from Yes Bank work on this card as well.

Which email you mailed to for confirmation of LTF of subscription and card?

anonymuos

TF Ace
Which email you mailed to for confirmation of LTF of subscription and card?
As of now grievanceredressal@bankbazaar.com confirmed in writing. After I raised FinBooster closure request, Yes Bank person called and said subscription is optional (my consent will be taken) and anyway BankBazaar handles it since it is co-branded. So it was after this that I emailed BB and then confirmed. This page: https://www.bankbazaar.com/credit-card/finbooster-yes-bank-bankbazaar-co-branded-credit-card.html also now says "Lifetime-free CreditStrong subscription". The older page from 2021: https://blog.bankbazaar.com/new-launch-finbooster-yes-bank-bank-bazaar-co-branded-credit-card/ when it was ₹400 from 2nd year also says: "fee will be charged (after taking customer consent)". All of this is more than enough for me to not close the card since they are not offering other core LTF CCs to me right now. I have emailed yesfirstcc@yesbank.in also with the updated BB info but they have not reverted back yet.

sharma

TF Premier
As of now grievanceredressal@bankbazaar.com confirmed in writing. After I raised FinBooster closure request, Yes Bank person called and said subscription is optional (my consent will be taken) and anyway BankBazaar handles it since it is co-branded. So it was after this that I emailed BB and then confirmed. This page: https://www.bankbazaar.com/credit-card/finbooster-yes-bank-bankbazaar-co-branded-credit-card.html also now says "Lifetime-free CreditStrong subscription". The older page from 2021: https://blog.bankbazaar.com/new-launch-finbooster-yes-bank-bank-bazaar-co-branded-credit-card/ when it was ₹400 from 2nd year also says: "fee will be charged (after taking customer consent)". All of this is more than enough for me to not close the card since they are not offering other core LTF CCs to me right now. I have emailed yesfirstcc@yesbank.in also with the updated BB info but they have not reverted back yet.
Did they charge fee