• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How and where to buy a physical prepaid gift card?

rusty17

TF Buzz
I am looking to buy a gift card for a friend who is getting married. I want a physical card that can be delivered at his address and I also prefer a general purpose card rather than a brand voucher. I won't be able to visit a bank branch this week as i am tied up in my work. No experience in gift cards. Anyone know if I can buy one online?

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I am looking to buy a gift card for a friend who is getting married. I want a physical card that can be delivered at his address and I also prefer a general purpose card rather than a brand voucher. I won't be able to visit a bank branch this week as i am tied up in my work. No experience in gift cards. Anyone know if I can buy one online?
Check ICICI bank online if you have account. They may send it to your home address as per account.

rusty17

TF Buzz
Bob also offers prepaid card.

PineLabs RuPay prepaid cards also being sold on Amazon.
Is Bob card available only for account holders? I don't see any apply button on their web page, just a description.

On Amazon do you mean the Pineperks Rupay card. That is the ideal one I am looking for. Unfortunately it's showing currently unavailable.

AritraSaha

TF Legend
Slice can be option if your friend can open themselves..
Good offer & can take out money from the account..

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Is Bob card available only for account holders? I don't see any apply button on their web page, just a description.

On Amazon do you mean the Pineperks Rupay card. That is the ideal one I am looking for. Unfortunately it's showing currently unavailable.
Amazon Pineperks RuPay card available only on selected locations.

If you have yes bank, Axis bank, rbl bank account then i think you will get RuPay prepaid gift card apply option in net banking.

knight

TF Ace
If you're okay with Amazon Pay gift card then they do have physical ones. with decent packaging.
It can be used for shopping on amazon, bills etc and any website where apay is accepted.

But if you're looking for a card that can be swiped on POS machines, this might not be for you.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Dont have an account with them. I have Axis and SBI. No prepaid card options in their mobile apps.
you can check this out.. no prior experience for me...
Contact AXIS CC for more details..

dhshankar

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If you have HDFC account, then order a gift card from there via netbanking

rusty17

TF Buzz
you can check this out.. no prior experience for me...
Contact AXIS CC for more details..

I just filled up the form. It says application successful. No mention of any callback or anything. Did not receive any email. Will update tomorrow when/if I recieve any communication.

rusty17

TF Buzz
So, the other day I got an afternoon off and went to look for a card at a bank branch. I visited atleast half a dozen branches and none of them has one. From the surprised looks I got from some of them it feels like not a lot of people come asking for gift cards. SBI and HDFC were the only ones that were somewhat helpful.

Apparently, according to the SBI executive , it might be available in the HQ branch of SBI in the city but it is a bit far from where I was so couldn't go.

HDFC executive told me only personalized cards are available and that too only from their website and confirmed it was available for purchase for both account-holders and non- account holders (eventhough I remember not being to able to purchase without account). As suspected, you need an account to buy them. So, out of options, I decided to open an HDFC account finally, but that didn't go well.

Last edited: