• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hotel Bookings & Upgraded Credit Card

TheBigK

TF Neo
Hello fellow members,

I recently got upgraded from Regalia to Infinia. I've a hotel booking next month with my old Regalia card. I've been told that if I activate the new card, my old card will be deactivated.

I wish to know if I activate my card, will my hotel booking be affected?

Note: My Regalia was MasterCard powered and had a different number from my new Infinia, which is VISA powered. I'd not be concerned if the credit card number did not change. I look forward to hearing from you.

gabu

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Nothing would be affected as all your old billing would be transferred to new card. You still are bound to pay the amount billed to old card so why would it matter.

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hello fellow members,

I recently got upgraded from Regalia to Infinia. I've a hotel booking next month with my old Regalia card. I've been told that if I activate the new card, my old card will be deactivated.

Note: My Regalia was MasterCard powered and had a different number from my new Infinia, which is VISA powered. I'd not be concerned if the credit card number did not change. I look forward to hearing from you.
Card Number always change after upgrades. Thats normal.
Hotel Bookings in general won't be affected after upgrade.
But your major concern should be regarding the refund if any in case of that booking cancellation. 😅

gabu

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Even refund comes to new card automatically as account no is same in backend. Atleast that's the case for hdfc. Can't comment about sbi which createa new entry for every upgrade.

Last edited:

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hello fellow members,

Not an issue
Last month I booked hotel via Amex gold and during visit I paid by Axisbank magnus
Card details at the time of booking is for a validation purpose only

How did you get the upgrade? It was available in the netbanking or you requested an upgrade? How much was the limit in Regalia and your average usage monthly? I am asking as my request for upgrade got rejected from Regalia to infinia. Had an option in netbanking for DCB but wanted Infinia. Had limit of 8L and avg spending of 40k per month.