• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hotel Bookings on Travel Edge vs Gift Edge MMT Vouchers

jiffyspace

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
If I understood correctly, it is more rewarding to buy an MMT Voucher from Gift Edge and book rooms directly on MMT — with 10x rp.

Booking hotels from Travel Edge has 5x rp.

In any case, the spends on Gift Edge count towards milestone. Gift Edge also doesn’t have upper cap (except Amazon and Flipkart).

So, i guess it’s wise to buy vouchers from MMT and do the booking on MMT, instead of using Travel Edge.

What do you guys think? Or am I missing something? 😕

amit

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If I understood correctly, it is more rewarding to buy an MMT Voucher from Gift Edge and book rooms directly on MMT — with 10x rp.

In any case, the spends on Gift Edge count towards milestone. Gift Edge also doesn’t have upper cap (except Amazon and Flipkart).

So, i guess it’s wise to buy vouchers from MMT and do the booking on MMT, instead of using Travel Edge.

yes u can, the voucher RP gets credited in 90 days, the travel edge points gets credited in 12 days.
so if wanna accumulate RP ASAP go with travel edge, if u can wait go with voucher.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge

Yes it’s better to buy MMT vouchers for hotels than buying from travel edge
Apart from 10x you also get some 2 to 4% discount on gyftr

Sanskar

TF Select
RML Group
VIP Lounge

What About Yatra Voucher?

Vbhoj74

TF Select
VIP Lounge
what happens when we cancel the booking ? does the balance with the voucher is restored ?

Also, can I use the same voucher (with leftover balance) in multiple transactions ?

LT1

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
what happens when we cancel the booking ? does the balance with the voucher is restored ?

Also, can I use the same voucher (with leftover balance) in multiple transactions ?
Yes to both questions as far as MMT vouchers are considered. You will get a refund if the original booking was cancellable. The only restriction is that you can only apply 3 vouchers in one transaction but you can use a voucher for multiple transaction.

Vbhoj74

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Ok, I've a HDFC card, where the smartbuy page terms says a different story:
Check the TNC link besides the discount code:

TERMS & CONDITIONS​

1. These Vouchers are valid for booking on - Hotels/Holidays (Domestic/International) only at Yatra.com
2. This Voucher cannot be clubbed with any other ongoing offer discount/cash back/promotion run by Yatra.com
3. No additional Discount / reduction in the price will be entertained other than the offer mentioned on the voucher. In case if a purchase is less than the voucher value then customer can avail the discount maximum to the voucher value only & balance voucher amount will be forfeited
4. Vouchers are cumulative. Two or more vouchers can be clubbed together to make a booking
5. Vouchers of multiple denominations cannot be clubbed together in one transaction.
6. Flights/ Domestic Hotels can be redeemed online using the travel voucher promo code (Re. 1 will be charged for processing the same).
7. For offline redemption, vouchers shall be redeemable by calling 0124-4883876/0124-4883877 (dedicated help desk).
8. For domestic flights, Customer will have to pay a convenience fee of Rs.180 /- for one way and Rs.300/- for a round trip.
9. For International flights, customer will have to pay a convenience fee of Rs. 300/-.
10. Each Travel Voucher can be used for one transaction only.
11. User has to quote the unique voucher number at the time of booking to avail the benefits.
12. Any applicable government taxes/excess tour cost shall be payable at the time of booking (Only if the package cost exceed the voucher value)
13. If a voucher is lost or stolen, Yatra will not be liable for replacement or Compensation.
14. Confirmation of any booking will be subject to availability at the time of booking and will be governed by the standard booking terms & conditions of Yatra.com.
15. Yatra.com is not liable to pay for any difference in fare/tariff between date of redemption request placement and date of using Travel Voucher during booking.
16. No change or cash can be taken in exchange of this voucher.
17. In case of cancellations, Travel Voucher amount will not be refunded back to the customer.
18. All the terms and conditions of the Travel Voucher as given hereof and standard terms and conditions, user agreement, privacy policy (subject to change) of Yatra.com as mentioned in the website www.yatra.com and the terms and conditions of the respective hotel/resort shall be applicable on the Customer.
19. Any legal disputes, whatsoever regarding any aspect of the promotion shall be handled in the jurisdiction of the courts in Gurgaon, Haryana only.
20. Voucher cannot be revalidated once expired
21. You can write in to bit.ly/2CsY6BX or Call 18001033314 (10 am to 10 pm) for Immediate help Note:- For any help on how to use the voucher please call on 0124-4883876/0124-4883877.

----------

WIll check T&C for MMT vouchers as well.

EDIT: MMT terms are much better:

TERMS & CONDITIONS​

1.The Gift card is valid for purchases made from Makemytrip only and is valid for a period of 12 Months from the date of Purchase.
2.The Gift card is valid for purchases made on Hotels only.
a.Can be redeemed online at www.makemytrip.com or on MakeMyTrip Android & IOS app. Please follow the steps listed below:
i.Select your Hotel and fill required details till you reach the payment page.
ii.On Website, click on "More options" and Select "Gift Card" as your Payment Mode. On Android and IOS app, choose Gift Card as the payment option
iii.Enter your Gift Card/ Card No. (16 Digit) and 6 Digit Pin No.
iv.Click on "Make Payment" and Pay the Balance amount (if any) using other Payment Modes Listed.
v.Hotels are not redeemable offline.
3.This Gift card is not valid on Flights, Holiday packages, Homestays, Bus, Rail, VISA, experiences and Car bookings.
4.Gift cards are valid on bookings made through MMT Mobile App.
5.In case of transaction failures after Gift Card is applied, amount would be automatically refunded to the same cards within 24 hours.
6.This Gift card/voucher cannot be clubbed with any other ongoing offer discount/cash back/promotion run by Makemytrip.com on app or website.
7.This Gift card is valid for partial redemption. Balance would remain in the Gift Card till the validity period and can be reused for multiple transactions.
8.Multiple Gift Cards (up to 3) can be combined and used on 1 transaction.
9.Products and services are subject to availability.
10.The Gift card cannot be cancelled or exchanged for cash.
11.The Gift card validity cannot be extended under any circumstances.
12.Gift Card code/Physical copy or both to be provided at the time of booking along with an ID proof for the offline redemption.
13.MakeMyTrip is not responsible if the Gift card is lost, stolen or used without permission.
14.In case of cancellation of bookings made using the gift card within the validity period, the amount will be reversed to the same card as used at the time of booking.
15.Users are required to save the gift card number and PIN to utilize this refunded amount as we will not be able to reset the PIN or reissue a new gift card number.
16.In case of cancellations where the gift card validity has expired, no refund will be processed for the amount paid by the gift card.
17.MakeMyTrip is the final authority on the interpretation of these rules
18.MakeMyTrip reserves the right to deny accepting any Gift card if it suspects that there is duplicity of cards.
19.In no event the liability of MakeMyTrip for any claims shall exceed the value of the card.
20.In the event of any dispute, parties agree to exclusive jurisdiction of courts of New Delhi.
21.This is for individual use only, Travel agents found using the card would lead to cancellation of booking and no refund would be made.
22.You can write on giftvouchers@makemytrip.com for any issue related to Gift Cards redemption.
23.To check balance/validity/status of the Gift Card please click on;
24.https://www.makemytrip.com/gift-cards/?popup=checkbalance

EDIT2:

If one has Infinia I think 10x awards are much better than gift vouchers, sorry for OT.

1678340569990.png

Last edited:

SiddharthR

TF Ace
Average Neo/Buzz moment @SiddharthR @Chaitanya-a
Talking about topics irrelevant to the thread
What we did with this thread 🤣

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge