• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Highly risky update! Brands are now officially onboarding themselves in our TF Community

Dear TF Community members,
As you all already know, some bankers and senior bank employees were previously spying in our forum for tracking certain exploited bugs/loopholes and also individual profiles based on certain criteria.
Now, from today onwards, I have noticed an unusual profile with the name of Gyftrhelp which is addressing people's concerns, doubts and queries regarding gyftr, and using officially templated replies in formal lingo.
I have confirmed that this account is the official account of Gyftr and they have officially onboarded themselves here.
This can be hint/alarm for all of you, why only in the recent times, we were facing restriction for purchasing vouchers on Gyftr, like the limit introduced for new accounts, such as 15k in first 15 days, 30k in 30days, and so on. Even this is the culprit, why Apay GC Limit keeps on changing frequently. ASV was devalued from 50k to 25k.
This is a very alarming and scary news at the same time, because the goal of this forum was to informally discuss certain CC related benefits, and updates among ourselves as consumers, but now onboarding of brands/banks will lead to the closure of many offers/ reducing of many limits/ and whatnot. Now, everything will be under their close watch and radar.
Previously also I had written a warning post regarding the same, but no action was taken. Now it's high time if we wish to safeguard our interests, and maintain this lovely forum among ourselves.

1682353932982.png

1682353975219.png

We have few senior members among us who is having quite good knowledge and experiences in this field like @gurbina @Kenu73 who can further enlighten on how to overcome this problem.
Please do share what can be the possible consequences: @Credit Karma @CREDITDATA and other members as well.
I humbly request @TechnoFino @Subhankar to look into this matter seriously because the now TF community is not a small/tiny forum, it has grown manifolds and the amount of data available here is huge, for any bank to impose limitations and restrictions on it's products/services, and leading to multiple severe outcomes. Please introduce some barrier to entry in the forum or we'll have to find a unique solution to tackle this.
Taking leave, and hope my suggestions/views are looked upon.
Regards
A CC Enthusiast

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
As you all already know, some bankers and senior bank employees were previously spying in our forum for tracking certain exploited bugs/loopholes and also individual profiles based on certain criteria.
Now, from today onwards, I have noticed an unusual profile with the name of Gyftrhelp which is addressing people's concerns, doubts and queries regarding gyftr, and using officially templated replies in formal lingo.
I have confirmed that this account is the official account of Gyftr and they have officially onboarded themselves here.
This can be hint/alarm for all of you, why only in the recent times, we were facing restriction for purchasing vouchers on Gyftr, like the limit introduced for new accounts, such as 15k in first 15 days, 30k in 30days, and so on. Even this is the culprit, why Apay GC Limit keeps on changing frequently. ASV was devalued from 50k to 25k.
This is a very alarming and scary news at the same time, because the goal of this forum was to informally discuss certain CC related benefits, and updates among ourselves as consumers, but now onboarding of brands/banks will lead to the closure of many offers/ reducing of many limits/ and whatnot. Now, everything will be under their close watch and radar.
Previously also I had written a warning post regarding the same, but no action was taken. Now it's high time if we wish to safeguard our interests, and maintain this lovely forum among ourselves.

1682353932982.png

1682353975219.png

We have few senior members among us who is having quite good knowledge and experiences in this field like @gurbina @Kenu73 who can further enlighten on how to overcome this problem.
Please do share what can be the possible consequences: @Credit Karma @CREDITDATA and other members as well.
I humbly request @TechnoFino @Subhankar to look into this matter seriously because the now TF community is not a small/tiny forum, it has grown manifolds and the amount of data available here is huge, for any bank to impose limitations and restrictions on it's products/services, and leading to multiple severe outcomes. Please introduce some barrier to entry in the forum or we'll have to find a unique solution to tackle this.
Regards
A CC Enthusiast
Well the forum is also part of the public domain and brands are very conscious of their image. Also, they will definitely try to steadily plug loopholes

Credit Karma

TF Premier

1682353932982.png

1682353975219.png

Regards
A CC Enthusiast
This opinion of mine may not have as many takers, but I believe that banks are smart. If they think that they are taken advantage of, they will plug the leak.

And I don't think that bankers might use online forums specifically to monitor bugs or loopholes. My reasoning behind this is why should they? They as in banks have access to literally everything, that includes your transactions as well.

As @TechnoFino rightly pointed out in his last video that someone exploiting these so-called loopholes is in it for a very bumpy ride.

For a genuine cc user this could be a good thing. In a perfect world, He/she would have cards that rarely gets devalued (provided) that they would have chosen those cards as per their requirements and they would be really reaping the rewards.

Sadly, this is not a perfect world, this is a cat and mice world of CC.

There always will be bugs and loopholes and also there will be those who only live to exploit them.

So just chillax and enjoy the CC benefits till banks decides that it is no longer beneficial for the banks to sustain the rewards and satisfy customers when they are at the mercy of scammers and exploiters.

blacktiger

TF Premier
you can verify their association with their respective bank/companies and give them a separate profile tag. if the do not verify their association and continues to post inbehalf of the said bank or website, you can boot them out for impersonation

akshayhs

TF Ace
you can verify their association with their respective bank/companies and give them a separate profile tag. if the do not verify their association and continues to post inbehalf of the said bank or website, you can boot them out for impersonation
The TF community should charge a montly fee of 999 per account per organization. This will also imply a serious affair for them because they have to pay for their presence every month. 999 is nothing but peanuts for them because the charge is being paid by their employers rather than themselves. (This suggestion is not for agents but brand representatives only)

Vaastav

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
It’s not like that bro
They are running a 1500 cr company they can’t be making decisions based on what 3 to 4K people discuss in a community . Moreover when it comes to gyftr/edgerewards the decision is more with Axis than with gyftr .
I don't think the issue is 3k-4k People discussing. But The information that arises from that discussion which spreads all over the internet. Like From TechnoFino it Goes To Desidime or any other forum and From There it Goes to Telegram/YouTube where channels With Many Subscribers/Followers Re-share those things. So in the End it isn't 3-4k People But More like 10-100x of that number. And This Number certainly will cause issue to banks when abused repeatedly.

blacktiger

TF Premier
my main concern is the scammers that would take advantage of this. like if some scammer started some paytmhelp or mobikwikhelp handle and asking personal information, there is a high change people will fall for it. better to verify them giving them some tag.

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
my main concern is the scammers that would take advantage of this. like if some scammer started some paytmhelp or mobikwikhelp handle and asking personal information, there is a high change people will fall for it. better to verify them giving them some tag.
If ppl believe these kind of handles, that would be their dumbness.

For example when I post something about HDFC bank on twitter, there are several fake profiles that replies with their contact number for quick resolution. Twitter isn't responsible for fraud happening through that, no?

blacktiger

TF Premier
If ppl believe these kind of handles, that would be their dumbness.

For example when I post something about HDFC bank on twitter, there are several fake profiles that replies with their contact number for quick resolution. Twitter isn't responsible for fraud happening through that, no?
twitter isnt responsible. neither is technofino forum. but its better to cleanup and prevent scammers that would be beneficial to everyone in the community

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I can vouch for one more strong example of SCB.
I can bet SCB is one of the most ignorant Bank in India.
Their products are almost useless expect SC Ultimate which got devalued in March.
Can you observe a trend/cycle.
Why a silent Bank like SCB did devaluation this year only, on categories like Supermarkets on which each and every CC provided rewards.
Don't you think even a bank who has low featured products is keen on losing customer base after devaluation.
SC Ultimate was a no nonsense card, from years. Why would they randomly want to devalue it.
See, I agree they have billion dollar business, but they incur losses when people increase money rotation/exploiting loopholes using CC to bank.
After all they are not for charity.
You can very well remember the incident of Axis Bank sending commercial notices last month itself.
SBI CB also got devalued in same period.
Why everything is happening in same timeline?
It's not a coincidence.
It's a bigger alert for all of us to be aware and cautious while sharing these bugs/tricks.
I myself have experienced this trouble with Axis, during my card application.
Overall point is, devaluation is inevitable, but it can be slowed if we start following some basic measures.
Creating a barrier for entry to the forum was one of the feasible solutions to me.
I think there is a common person or company which every bank employs to find loopholes on its cards to cut down the losses. And that company has spies in this community.

CC-Muncher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
The TF community should charge a montly fee of 999 per account per organization. This will also imply a serious affair for them because they have to pay for their presence every month. 999 is nothing but peanuts for them because the charge is being paid by their employers rather than themselves. (This suggestion is not for agents but brand representatives only)
That is so cheap. It shoul be in lakhs