• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hidden ICICI LE

ontherocks

TF Premier
Got a whopping 1.8 percent increase

14Um.gif

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi, as suggested by you didn't use the card for 3 months now in this cycle using it for some transactions should I pay the amount before the statement generation or after i.e. should I let it come in the statement?
Before statement generation date ..

devsfinance

TF Premier
Give me complete picture of your icici relationship
Got card in July/AUG
Opened a wealth a/c with 1 lac IP (Account and CC had no relation I got CC before getting the account)
no activity in account some activity with CC
talked with you about not using the card so didn't use the card for 3 months
got downgraded in first wave i.e. Dec to privilege as only1 lac AMB
Withdrew funds and kept only 25k-26k as it's 25k MAB required
used card this month as after 3 months to use was suggested by you currently have used around 10-12% of the Limit(Actually used a bit more but had some existing 6-7k which came as refund)

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Got card in July/AUG
Opened a wealth a/c with 1 lac IP (Card and CC had no relation I got CC before getting the account)
no activity in account some activity with CC
talked with you about not using the card so didn't use the card for 3 months
got downgraded in first wave i.e. Dec to privilege as only1 lac AMB
Withdrew funds and kept only 25k-26k as it's 25k MAB required
used card this month as after 3 months to use was suggested by you currently have used around 10-12% of the Limit(Actually used a bit more but had some existing 6-7k which came as refund)
Okay, have you got any amazon account?
If so, please do some shopping using current icici card , frequently, even for small transactions and take prime membership as well, if it suits you.
Then apply from Amazon, for Apay card.. most likely you will get better CL with that card

devsfinance

TF Premier
Okay, have you got any amazon account?
If so, please do some shopping using current icici card , frequently, even for small transactions and take prime membership as well, if it suits you.
Then apply from Amazon, for Apay card.. most likely you will get better CL with that card
I do have amazon account, and will be using this card there (Only in this month though correct? as will stop using the card after bill generation), already have prime as well. So I should not wait before applying is you suggestion right?
(One question here I had seen a post somewhere on forum that suggested that banks may push CC in march as financial quarter is ending, if I take amazon CC now, then won't it create problem if I again apply for some other CC in next month if banks are allowing to apply?)
Also my current CL is < 3 * My salary

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
do have amazon account, and will be using this card there (Only in this month though correct? as will stop using the card after bill generation), already have prime as well. So I should not wait before applying is you suggestion right?
You can keep using for next month also in amazon and midnif March apply for apay card from Amazon.. you should get higher CL at this step itself..

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
ne question here I had seen a post somewhere on forum that suggested that banks may push CC in march as financial quarter is ending, if I take amazon CC now, then won't it create problem if I again apply for some other CC in next month if banks are allowing to apply?)
It depends on your age of credit profile and the bank for which you are applying card for.

You can get 2 or 3 cards in amonth ..no issues there..

devsfinance

TF Premier
You can keep using for next month also in amazon and midnif March apply for apay card from Amazon.. you should get higher CL at this step itself..
Just for clarification my statement date is 15 of each month, So now the way forward is use the card this month as much as I want pay before the bill generation so due is 0 or negative. From next cycle that is 15 Feb to 15 march use it only in amazon, Apply for Apay around 15 march or after that.
I hope I got your instructions correct me if I am wrong.

It depends on your age of credit profile and the bank for which you are applying card for.

You can get 2 or 3 cards in amonth ..no issues there..

For age this card is my first credit account.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Just for clarification my statement date is 15 of each month, So now the way forward is use the card this month as much as I want pay before the bill generation so due is 0 or negative. From next cycle that is 15 Feb to 15 march use it only in amazon, Apply for Apay around 15 march or after that.
Correct . .

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

For age this card is my first credit account.

Correct . .
How old is your credit history and cibil score?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
As I mentioned earlier this credit card is my first credit account ever. No other history, And I guess the score got generated next month or a bit after that so hardly 6 months for credit history and 5 months for score I believe.
Okay,it is better to apply for Apay card after cibil is generated then you will get good CL.