• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Help me Decide a Bank for One Savings and One Current Account.

fatehbajwa

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have been banking with HDFC Bank for a while now. One savings account is 24 years old and a Current Account is 5 years old.
I have seen the gradual deterioration of services at my branch. I think it's primarily because HDFC took on many more customers than they were prepared to handle.
There was a time when all my MF's were bought via the same branch....................THE GOOD DAYS.

After repeatedly facing issues with the branch and the RM's (there have been many over 24 years), some minor and some really big one's, I decided that enough is enough and it's time to go somewhere else. The final straw was taking 14 months to remove/add partners in a Current account. yes, you read that right. 14 months after all the required documents had been provided to them.

I had a talk with the Ops. Manager in the branch about this and she put me through to the Imperia RM. This gentleman(NOT) tells me that you are eligible for Imperia Banking for many many years and why haven't I upgraded!! well, no one told me this and offered it to me. Anyway he asked for some papers and some forms had to be filled. Was given a TAT of 4 days. No contact at all for 10 days and when I called him, he mentions that there are some issues. I asked what and how come they are there after he'd seen all the details and then offered the Imperia Banking. Guess what he says....."I don't know!".

I've just been venting above...Apologies, but I had to get this out of my system; and to cut a long story short................I need advise/help in deciding a bank and particular plan/program for a Current & Savings account. We have most of the banks available in my city. The eligibility criteria for HDFC Imperia (which I now thankfully know), is your guide to what kind of funds I am talking about.

Thanks in anticipation.

fatehbajwa

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I know people with current accounts closely and I also have savings accounts in few banks. I know all branches are different but I'm going to lay my options from what I've seen:

1 being the highest preference I would give

1. PNB (I know closely people who have current accounts here)
2. ICICI, Indusind
3. Yes bank (")

There are other banks but I don't personally know people with current accounts here or I don't have account there ...
How's their netbanking? Netbanking plays a major role for my needs.

talkwithfino

TF Premier
Hands down ICICI is one of the best bank in terms of Netbanking. From able to change branch online to ordering a cheque book to a diff address ; All is Possible. Their Interface is absolutely fantastic.
Edit- You can probably get Wealth Management Acc in Icici if you were eligible for Imperia in Hdfc. I don't have much idea for current accounts....

Last edited:

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I am only suggesting about savings account as I am aware of that, I don't have much idea for current accounts.

If you need a very trustworthy well-known brand then you can go with ICICI, it has the best digital infrastructure also ICICI is at the top when it comes to launching new features.
Considering your imperia elegibility you can go with the wealth management banking.

If you are willing to try out with some new players you can consider IDFC/Indusind Bank as they offer wealth management services too which have a lot benefits and are competing with the well known brands.They too have a decent digital infrastructure but no one can beat ICICI in terms of digital infrastructure tbh.