• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Help!! Lost Rs. 57,273 in back to back Lost debit card international POS transactions

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You know, I forgot my card in the ATM machine in an Indomaret, and I just saw a mail from Axis indicating that the transactions were done on a POS machine in an Indomaret.

Can these be contactless transactions? Because my contactless daily limit was set to 60,000 and the transactions stopped happening after 58000.

And if it indeed is card skimming, can anything be done?
contactless is really bad. I mean why people cant just take 20 second more and insert a PIN. Banks are least bothered of our safety

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
contactless is really bad. I mean why people cant just take 20 second more and insert a PIN. Banks are least bothered of our safety
That’s pretty subjective though. A lot of people keep the per transaction limit very low(<₹500) and use it for small ticket transactions. Even if the card is lost, they wouldn’t be able to get a lot of money out of the card. The fraudster will try first with higher amounts and since the limit would be set to a lower amount the transactions would fail to go through, so if you’re a bit proactive, you can immediately block the card.

Last edited:

tanzinator

TF Neo
I had a similar problem in Paris where more than 1 lakh transactions were carried out on my Axis Bank credit card as a result of pickpocketing. As expected the fraud bank has been unsupportive. Can anyone explain how RBI ombudsman process works and what to do with the statement generated with the fraud transactions? Thanks