• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Upgrades

aintshocked

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Here is my rant with HDFC and HDFC Cards.

Got my first credit card on 14/12/2019 through HDFC based on SB account transactions, it was a MoneyBack card with the limit of ₹50,000, was using it regularly and paying the bill in full.

Decided to apply for IndiGo 6E rewards cards, which was upgraded from the MoneyBack Card with the same limit. Was using the card until July 2022, missing out on lot of offers due to the low limit offered by HDFC Bank.

Then I had to approach the BM asking for a card and limit upgrade who connected me with AVP of Credit Section, applied offline with income documents and previous 3 month statement of ICICI bank with a limit of ₹ 2.9L, after numerous follow ups and heated arguments about closing my relationship with HDFC, at the time holing SB,CA, and Credit Card while HDFC was my primary banking. Applied for Regalia and got Millennia with a limit of ₹ 1L on 25/08/2022 without a CIBIL hit, again using the card and paying it off completely.

Currently my account status in Preferred status, while holding 1 Speciale Gold SB, 1 Regular SB, 1 Ascent CA, and Millennia Credit Card. The account balance is maintained around ₹ 3L across the SB accounts, but I'm not getting any limit enhancement or any card upgrades, the BM nor the branch is not supportive as such.
Getting offers for Car Loan, Two Wheeler Loan and Loan Against Property which is not required.

Is there any alternate approach to get a limit increase and card upgrade without income documents?
Or should I close my relationship and move my banking to Axis where I have Burgundy Account?

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
Itni mehnat se 10-12 line ke dukhde email mein likhne ke baad HDFC se yahi reply hi aana hai 'We regret to inform you' 🥲
I tried with specifically asking for LTF Millenia and they agreed upon paid variant. I found out that if we ask for 2-3 level higher card they'll delay the response and ask to fill form or so.

But if we just ask for 1 level high card then there's the possibility of acceptance.

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
hahaha par ye silsila chalega lamba. agar response ni aaya to dobara se card cancellation ka clickbait dunga, aur firse grievance redressal pe appeal karunga. IOCL ko hatana hai at any cost, I'm actually asking DCP, but I think they are not willing to give. lekar toh rhunga.
Bhai Millenia ka ask krke dekho ek baar kya response aata h. HDFC ki problem h ye...maine bhi Regalia maang lia to form pkda dia tha fir jb Millenia bola to approve krdia😂

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I have seen many HDFC customers who had a HDFC Regalia First credit card with no auto card upgrades or credit limit enhancements for several years (myself included) and I hold an Imperia account with them.... Something is wrong with this HDFC Regalia First credit card variant as it cannot be a coincidence each time.... 🤔
My Regalia First was issued in 2019. Saw automatic LE from 70000 to 185000 to 220000 to 340000 to 560000 to 650000 currently. Even got Regalia upgrade offer but missed it as I waited for confirmation from CC for LTF that too during lockdown. In 2020 I had purchased a 2.5 lakh TV on EMI and thereafter got many LE offer.

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
There are always some exceptions brother. I am not saying that each individual who holds a HDFC Regalia First credit card doesn't gets auto upgrades or LE offers. It differs from person to person and also on a spending pattern.
True. But now that I have so many other rewarding cards, I doubt I'll ever get a LE from them :D

bismaj

TF Select
I have seen many HDFC customers who had a HDFC Regalia First credit card with no auto card upgrades or credit limit enhancements for several years (myself included) and I hold an Imperia account with them.... Something is wrong with this HDFC Regalia First credit card variant as it cannot be a coincidence each time.... 🤔
but for me the case had been different, upgraded to easyemi from freedom card(i say actually its a downgrade), after 2.5 yrs on that card i was upgraded to regalia first and within one year millenia was showing, i didn't took that, then they offered LE, took that then after 1 month showing options of DCP or Millenia (both paid), I took the DCP.

bismaj

TF Select
hahaha par ye silsila chalega lamba. agar response ni aaya to dobara se card cancellation ka clickbait dunga, aur firse grievance redressal pe appeal karunga. IOCL ko hatana hai at any cost, I'm actually asking DCP, but I think they are not willing to give. lekar toh rhunga.
DCP milna th muskil hai bro but wish u a better luck. cz IOCL co branded credit card hai...baaki sab banks mein bhi same lafra hai ki conranded cards mein card upgrade option rarely aatein hai... aur aapka IOCL se seedha millenia ya regalia first jayega then DCP or Regalia....

bismaj

TF Select
There are always some exceptions brother. I am not saying that each individual who holds a HDFC Regalia First credit card doesn't gets auto upgrades or LE offers. It differs from person to person and also on a spending pattern.
i got upgrade to DCP from Regalia first within 1 yr of issuance. But if we consider non spend benefits Regalia First is also very rewarding, 8 airport lounge access nd 4 international lounge access per year without any cap on quaterly usage is a good one.

pprakash11

TF Prestige
DCP milna th muskil hai bro but wish u a better luck. cz IOCL co branded credit card hai...baaki sab banks mein bhi same lafra hai ki conranded cards mein card upgrade option rarely aatein hai... aur aapka IOCL se seedha millenia ya regalia first jayega then DCP or Regalia....
I'm citing DCP because of Alumni offer. Warna DCP toh bekar hai 🤣