• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC refused to enrol digisave account to classic banking

bdnbje

TF Buzz
I opened a hdfc digisave account back in 2020. now i have over 1 lakh mab on the account. i went to the bank to upgrade it to hdfc classic they're telling me that i need to make a new hdfc account with the 25k mab one and they'll move it to classic and thay digisave account is only for students and cant be upgraded to classic. is this true? should i close this account and make a new account?

talkwithfino

TF Premier
Brother One Suggestion For You...

1. Convert Your DigiSave Account To Specialè Gold (1L MAB)
2. Then Take The Classic Banking Form (1L MAB)

Then You'll Be Getting Most Benefits From HDFC
No no no .... That's probably a very bad Idea. Speciale Gold has very few additional benefits compared to savings Max account. Plus there's a penalty upto Rs 999/- if you don't maintain balance.
It's better to upgrade to Savings Max (25k balance) or even a Regular acc and enroll to Classic Banking.

And to what I know, you can have Digisave youth and enroll to Classic Banking. Try going to a different branch, find a 'Personal Banker' desk; (who is basically the RM) and if you are lucky; you would'nt even have to fill any Form, the RM will himself raise request, you will get a link on your phone. Click the link, enter OTP, agree to T&C of Classic and VOila You will be into classic within 2-3 working days.

BankExpertIndia

TF Premier
No no no .... That's probably a very bad Idea. Speciale Gold has very few additional benefits compared to savings Max account. Plus there's a penalty upto Rs 999/- if you don't maintain balance.
It's better to upgrade to Savings Max (25k balance) or even a Regular acc and enroll to Classic Banking.

And to what I know, you can have Digisave youth and enroll to Classic Banking. Try going to a different branch, find a 'Personal Banker' desk; (who is basically the RM) and if you are lucky; you would'nt even have to fill any Form, the RM will himself raise request, you will get a link on your phone. Click the link, enter OTP, agree to T&C of Classic and VOila You will be into classic within 2-3 working days.
What I Mentioned.... Is Assuming That At A Particular Instance There Will Be More Than 2L Is Always Present In Account (As It's Preferred Account)

testgghh

TF Buzz
I have a digisave youth account enrolled in classic banking program
They first told me to upgrade my account to Savings Max then i refused to do so
Then they told me to create a fd with them of 10k so i agreed with them and they took my request of upgrade to classic Banking (in there language account racing 😂)
after 3 working days my account was upgraded.

HDFC is only good for offline. Anything online is hugely messed even SBI has better systems. I have applied online for hdfc about a week ago. Account isn't active. I'm able to deposit. Vkyc isn't functional on their end. CKYC message received. Just now received message application rejection. It's shocking that bank rejecting savings account application. I have had huge respect for HDFC but that's limited to branch. RBI rightly banned it. I would recommend one more additional ban.