• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Platinum DC lounge access requires quaterly spends of 5000

Mritunjay

TF Premier

Dear Customer,

Greetings from HDFC Bank!

Here is an important announcement regarding the lounge benefits associated with your HDFC Bank Debit Card.

Effective 1st January 2024, your lounge benefits will be linked to the transactions made using your Debit Card.

Here's how it works:
  1. Spend Rs. 5000 or more using your HDFC Bank Debit Card in a calendar quarter
    (Jan- Mar | Apr-Jun | Jul-Sept | Oct-Dec).
  2. Upon fulfilling the spends criteria, you can enjoy complimentary lounge access in the subsequent calendar quarter as per the Debit Card variant held by you*
  3. In case you utilize the complimentary lounge access, you can still visit the lounge by paying the lounge fee.

For further clarification, please read our FAQs or contact us for assistance.

We are always here to help and provide the best service possible.​

Warm Regards,
HDFC BANK

starstruck

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
That is absolutely OK mate. You are concious and you have taken a card for a purpose. I am talking about people who will carry 10 cards (including the ones like citibank oil and amazon pay) and give them one by one to front office to check which is eligible and then argue.
I completely agree...but it is ridiculous to see people fighting with lounge front office quite a few times and delaying the entire queue. Less if many go through t&c and express arrogance there which is an off setter for a genuine user
You do realize this is the community where you are more likely to find people with 10 cards right. The best lounges are those who provide a list of acceptable cards which people can see in the queue so that arguments may not happen.

India needs many large airports with different level of lounges catering to all stratas of society at its current population level. Gatekeeping by having spend criteria is a good thing but banks are conscious of not making the hurdles too high lest they piss off their customer base.

sharad131

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You do realize this is the community where you are more likely to find people with 10 cards right. The best lounges are those who provide a list of acceptable cards which people can see in the queue so that arguments may not happen.

India needs many large airports with different level of lounges catering to all stratas of society at its current population level. Gatekeeping by having spend criteria is a good thing but banks are conscious of not making the hurdles too high lest they piss off their customer base.
Dude... Reality is that even front staff doesn't know that which cards are accepted. They keep in swiping one by one. Knowledge is key and that is why forum like these are very useful.

starstruck

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Dude... Reality is that even front staff doesn't know that which cards are accepted. They keep in swiping one by one. Knowledge is key and that is why forum like these are very useful.
Yep. Again, a good lounge has the list for its customer and its staff so that life is easier for both sets.

Patil007

TF Ace
Thanks for sharing and clearing the ambiguity

362p2w.jpg

Reactions: SSV

Vineet Kumar

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Friends,

HDFC Bank joins the Lounge Access benefit restriction spree.

There is an important announcement by HDFC Bank regarding the lounge benefits associated with HDFC Bank Debit Card.

Effective 1st January 2024, lounge benefits will be linked to the transactions made using the Debit Card.

Here's how it works:
Spend Rs. 5000 or more using your HDFC Bank Debit Card in a calendar quarter
(Jan- Mar | Apr-Jun | Jul-Sept | Oct-Dec).

Upon fulfilling the spends criteria, you can enjoy complimentary lounge access in the subsequent calendar quarter as per the Debit Card variant held by you.

In case you utilize the complimentary lounge access, you can still visit the lounge by paying the lounge fee.

I hold Imperia Account, and if this message is applicable for the Imperia, it is universally applicable for all Account and debit card variants.

Let's see what future has in store for the Lounge Access benefit through Credit and Debit Cards.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230912-200234_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20230912-200234_Gmail.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 20

Riva

TF Premier
Just got this email from HDFC regarding my Preferred Platinum Debit Card.
Lounge access is now spend based from Jan'24 onwards!
Seems like the credit card devaluation has now moved to the debit cards!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-09-12-20-17-06-882_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-09-12-20-17-06-882_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: SSV

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
I'm sure a lot of the users here will be doing transactions worth 2.25L/quarter. XD
Besides I don't think most of them even use their DC for the lounge access. Anyways, this was expected. Soon, lounge access will probably be restricted to high end DCs/CCs just like the old times.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I too received , two emails for my two preferred accounts. It's not an issue at all, as long as they give 1% CB on CC payments