• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Millennia Vs. HDFC Diners Club Privilege

lokesharyan

TF Neo
I recently got an upgrade to Diners Privilege Card. But I am not so sure whether to upgrade or not. I like my points in statement credit and Millennia gives 1CB=1 INR however Diners Privilege gives 20 Paise only. That's the only thing that has kept me from upgrading. So, what do you think guys? What should I do?

sv004

TF Premier
I recently got an upgrade to Diners Privilege Card. But I am not so sure whether to upgrade or not. I like my points in statement credit and Millennia gives 1CB=1 INR however Diners Privilege gives 20 Paise only. That's the only thing that has kept me from upgrading. So, what do you think guys? What should I do?
I think there is max cap of 1k in millenia while there is no such cap in diners privilege

ULTRA-MAGNUS

TF Select
VIP Lounge
The best way to use DCB is to not redeem reward points in cashback but to redeem it for flight and hotel booking.
The greatness of DCB and Infinia relies upon their redemption against hotels and flights. Even if you are not a frequent traveler, domestic flights these days easily cross 5000Rs.
Since the reward points are valid for 3 years for DCB, there is a high chance that your points will be redeemed before expiring.

Against Millenia, overall reward is lesser than DCB but does not bind you to hotels and flights that one trade off that I see.
However, what I like about DCB is also the monthly and annual milestone rewards (If you can somehow unlock it)

Also, SBI Cashback is a direct competitor with Millenia and in many ways better. So even if you don't have Millenia, you can still get those same benefits

So upgrading to DCB and then applying for SBI cashback seems to be best of both worlds :)
Good luck.

avishj

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
FYI, I'm not sure if it's the same for DCP & DCB!
That was a great help. Thanks!
The best way to use DCB is to not redeem reward points in cashback but to redeem it for flight and hotel booking.
The greatness of DCB and Infinia relies upon their redemption against hotels and flights. Even if you are not a frequent traveler, domestic flights these days easily cross 5000Rs.
Since the reward points are valid for 3 years for DCB, there is a high chance that your points will be redeemed before expiring.

Against Millenia, overall reward is lesser than DCB but does not bind you to hotels and flights that one trade off that I see.
However, what I like about DCB is also the monthly and annual milestone rewards (If you can somehow unlock it)

Also, SBI Cashback is a direct competitor with Millenia and in many ways better. So even if you don't have Millenia, you can still get those same benefits

So upgrading to DCB and then applying for SBI cashback seems to be best of both worlds :)
Good luck.

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge

Good luck.
DCP is almost equal to Millennia but Millennia comes up on top

kkk

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Good luck.
It's DCP not DCB. I have DCP and I am not huge fan. The only plus point is they give milestone benefits - Amazon Prime, Times Prime(On joining and renewal if you have spend Rs. 5 lakh), monthly Rs. 500(Ola coupon, tata cliq voucher) on monthly spend of Rs. 40k.

ULTRA-MAGNUS

TF Select
VIP Lounge

Good luck.
My apologies for reading DCP as DCB.
I know about DCB but not DCP to the same extent. So I request author of this thread to make out the general idea I am trying to convey and map it to the benefits with DCP + SBI Cashback.

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Accept only If you are getting DCP as LTF.

If yes, then apply for SBI cashback card, once that gets approved.. upgrade your millennia to DCP LTF

Similar to what ULTRA-MAGNUS said, Use DCP where you get accelerated reward points + better lounge access while you can use SCI Cashback CC for other payments where DCP doesn't give discounts

Simple!

sv004

TF Premier

Good luck.

sv004

TF Premier
Whenever there is massive discount on amazon or flipkart on sbi card . Sbi cashback card is not eligible for that. So u loose a lot of good diacounts that way.

avishj

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Whenever there is massive discount on amazon or flipkart on sbi card . Sbi cashback card is not eligible for that. So u loose a lot of good diacounts that way.
Yeah, but generally it is giving 8% + 5% = 13% in those kinds of sales. And even if it doesn't give in those sales, normal online shopping pe 5% is very good.