• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Millennia to Infinia

bengaltiger

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello,

I have Axis magnus and SBI Aurum.

I am interested to upgrade my HDFC Millenia to infinity

Millenia limit is around 2L

Magnus limit is around 10L

Any possibility to get upgrade with card to card?

sv004

TF Premier
Frankly, RG is a pointless card with only one benefit that is 12 lounge access even using PP. Even your addon card holder can get a PP but they can't be swiped together. It's lounge access catalogue is as expansive as Infinia. Reward rate is dismal unless you use, Myntra, nykaa, Reliance Digital etc.

If I were you I would stick to Millenia unless you can further climb your way to DCB within the 1st free year.
Can u use regalia gold priority pass for domestic lounges?

knight

TF Ace
You mentioned you have just 3 credit cards, all of which are LTF. Where did you do spend at? If it's online, then Amex Plat Travel can be good up to 4 lakhs. If not, MRCC is good up to 1.50 lakhs.
My spends are mostly online.. i haven't considered Amex yet as my city is non-serviceable.. and they also do office verification i think..which I can't do because of WFH.
checked Millenia Reward, and it offers 5% cashback, just like SBI CB. I'm not sure about the capping, though.
Millennia has a cap of 1000 points. ~20K spends per month on 5% partner merchants.
SBI Cashback is somewhat better, But Millennia was covering most areas for me and it was LTF. So there was no need for SBI CB until now. Also, there are exclusions in SBI which I'd have to research.
wasting time with HDFC for fee renewal
I didn't understand this part.. maybe some typo?

It takes time sometimes,I spend on buying Amazon Pay vouchers and paying the 2.5% convenience fee charged.
Exactly.. it takes some time to get a hang of points & miles. Still, i think Infinia fetches ~13% on apay GV after fees..

Until now, my core motive was to get Useful cards and make them LTF. But I've reached the point with HDFC where LTF will most likely not be possible anymore if I want to climb to premium cards.

knight

TF Ace
Frankly, RG is a pointless card with only one benefit that is 12 lounge access
Agreed. It's a shit card. I have Kotak white for lounge.
Only reason for upgrade would be to move up the ladder with HDFC Cards.

unless you can further climb your way to DCB within the 1st free year.
I don't think that would be possible. There won't be enough spends to justify 10k fees within a year.