• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Instabank Alerts Charges

saiki4116

TF Select
VIP Lounge
HDFC is charging InstaAlerts even though I have disabled. My account is also Classic for which these charges are free even if enabled.
I have sent out a mail to the support, but do check your statements. The charged amount is small, but HDFC should not getaway with these sort of things.

saiki4116

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Same here!!! Even I have disabled Insta Alert Charges but they still charged my yesterday. Its a very small amount; but I wonder if they are doing this to a majority of customers.

And by the wayyy they chraged me Insta Alert charges yesterday for the month of MARCH. So now, even if I had all the time, I would have to go through all the SMS in March to see if there is any chargeable one. Which is absolute waste of time for an amount less than a Rupee.
Mine is also March 22 charges, but I remember disabling them right after the first time I have seen them charges in my Statement

saiki4116

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Mine is also March 22 charges, but I remember disabling them right after the first time I have seen them charges in my Statement
Just checked my statement, first time they charged me was on 15th March, and I have disabled it immediately. They have charged for both Jan and Feb on March, and reversed both Jan and Feb charges on April. Pretty inconsistent.
Second guessing this sort of charges even after having 1L MAB with classic banking and more than 2L salary credit every month is ridiculous and even IMPS transaction are charged.

talkwithfino

TF Premier
Just checked my statement, first time they charged me was on 15th March, and I have disabled it immediately. They have charged for both Jan and Feb on March, and reversed both Jan and Feb charges on April. Pretty inconsistent.
Second guessing this sort of charges even after having 1L MAB with classic banking and more than 2L salary credit every month is ridiculous and even IMPS transaction are charged.
Btw a Suggestion....
If you have Salary account with them.... try negotiating for Preferred Banking....
In Hdfc Savings Max acc (25k min balance) does the job. It has almost the same benefits as Classic - free debit card, free cheque leaves, insta alert waived off . Hdfc hierarchy is pretty much useless.....

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
IMPS are chargeable for all account varients including imperia account.
Only Specialé Gold And Specialé Platinum have free IMPS

talkwithfino

TF Premier
IMPS are chargeable for all account varients including imperia account.
Only Specialé Gold And Specialé Platinum have free IMPS
Hdfc has clearly mentioned IMPS is free for Preferred and Imperia Banking Customers.

They sometimes still charge.....that's a different thing. Hdfc likes to play this charges game.....and they get away with it too!

Last edited:

akshayhs

TF Ace
I have enabled Insta Alerts only recently. But when i opened my account they instantly charged for insta alerts and debit card charges within the first week itself.

I wrote to them and disputed the charges. They reversed it within 48hrs.

SoggypastA

TF Premier
I was offered HDFC business moneyback (LTF) with a mere liking of 75K. I was 'supposed' to get Regalia.

If one notices carefully, no where on HDFC website is it mentioned that one will get LTF Regalia with HDFC Preferred account etc.

:)

That's how HDFC likes to play it's godforsaken game ...
I got regalia with preferred account pre approved offer last year. I applied same week hdfc started issuing cards after ban.

spider

TF Buzz
HDFC is charging InstaAlerts even though I have disabled. My account is also Classic for which these charges are free even if enabled.
I have sent out a mail to the support, but do check your statements. The charged amount is small, but HDFC should not getaway with these sort of things.
Mine is salary account they debited the charges for that I ignored, but after 2 months they reverted with message as you have salary account insta charges are free, so u may also get after months, just keep a look on that.

saiki4116

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Mine is salary account they debited the charges for that I ignored, but after 2 months they reverted with message as you have salary account insta charges are free, so u may also get after months, just keep a look on that.
They did refund for Jan and Feb charges. Since I raised the issue, I got the refund twice now 😂, one by system and one due to RM. HDFC doesn't seem to understand the meaning of Premium Banking service. I got two calls, one from RM and another from HDFC employee and they have asked me again what exactly the issue, instead of looking at what I have written in my mail and actually doing something about it. They shouldn't have charged in first place and also quite inconsistent with how they are charging and refunding and on top of that wasting my time with calls.

zealot

TF Premier
I personally would suggest IDFC.

Why didn't you get 0 balance accounts in ICICI/IDFC?
I found out a rural branch near my place, I chose that branch and now I have to keep 2.5k only as MAB. I have done VKYC too, how long it will take to complete the KYC? still KYC shows as pending. When I opened account in ICICI, it was quick.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
I found out a rural branch near my place, I chose that branch and now I have to keep 2.5k only as MAB. I have done VKYC too, how long it will take to complete the KYC? still KYC shows as pending. When I opened account in ICICI, it was quick.
In which bank...??? As icici has 2000 mab in rural branch.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Can i open digisave youth account?, i Just wanna have low MAB account. I have account in ICICI, IDFC FIRST and BOB.
Go for normal savings account in a rural branch.... 2500 mab for life... Digisave is only valid till age of 25 years.. After that hdfc will convert it to 10000 mab account... Hdfc and axis are very good and punctual in conversions.... You can search for Rural branch... In city of your address.... From here....

Its a complicated website if you are unable to search you can tell me your city I will tell you if there are any rural branch.... And while online application select that branch....

zealot

TF Premier
Go for normal savings account in a rural branch.... 2500 mab for life... Digisave is only valid till age of 25 years.. After that hdfc will convert it to 10000 mab account... Hdfc and axis are very good and punctual in conversions.... You can search for Rural branch... In city of your address.... From here....

Its a complicated website if you are unable to search you can tell me your city I will tell you if there are any rural branch.... And while online application select that branch....
I have opened in Semi-Urban branch.