• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Infinia - no reward points on electricity bills

sushilyadav

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Not getting reward points on electricity bill payments from last 2-3 bill cycles on HDFC Infinia CC. Anyone having same issue?

sushilyadav

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
What @sv004 said.
I use Infinia to buy Amazon voucher and pay all utility bills via Amazon pay
Actually my electricity bills are around one lakh every month. And you can get only 10k amazon vouchers per month.
Earlier i used to get reward points on paying electricity bills through infinia credit card but i think infinia has also stop giving rewards on government Payments.

NewUser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Actually my electricity bills are around one lakh every month. And you can get only 10k amazon vouchers per month.
Earlier i used to get reward points on paying electricity bills through infinia credit card but i think infinia has also stop giving rewards on government Payments.
On a different note ... a concerned authority may contact you if you continue paying 1 lakh per month as electricity bill via Infinia. That'd be on grounds of malpractice, as in, Infinia(or any other credit card for that matter) is issued for personal use, not business or professional use.

I'm not accusing you or anything. Just be ready to defend the usage as personal in case the need arises.

As for 1L/m bill, I think you need to pay using different cards(if possible) since capping is present in almost all cards now.

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Just browse below in the invoice in the rewards points summary and see if they have given you the points separately under grocery or any other section. HDFC gives points for some categories separately like that.

shrewdoc

TF Ace
You don't need cards.

You need investment in Solar Rooftop. It'll save you much more than plastic money. 😁🤣

Moreover, recommend you to take @NewUser 's advice seriously.

sushilyadav

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
On a different note ... a concerned authority may contact you if you continue paying 1 lakh per month as electricity bill via Infinia. That'd be on grounds of malpractice, as in, Infinia(or any other credit card for that matter) is issued for personal use, not business or professional use.

I'm not accusing you or anything. Just be ready to defend the usage as personal in case the need arises.

As for 1L/m bill, I think you need to pay using different cards(if possible) since capping is present in almost all cards now.
Thanks for the information as it led to do some digging on this topic. I discussed with my CA and my Bank RM. Both said nothing about the malpractice. The only thing both of them suggested that if you use separate credit cards for personal & Business then it helps to track your personal and business expenses easily. Moreover for small businesses with less turnover/ proprietors, bank doesn't issues separate cards.
i also read and checked this on hdfc bank website which also doesn't mentioned any malpractice.
link - https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/r...ng-personal-credit-card-for-business-expenses

sushilyadav

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Just browse below in the invoice in the rewards points summary and see if they have given you the points separately under grocery or any other section. HDFC gives points for some categories separately like that.
browsed till end. Nothing.

sushilyadav

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
You don't need cards.

You need investment in Solar Rooftop. It'll save you much more than plastic money. 😁🤣

Moreover, recommend you to take @NewUser 's advice seriously.
Thanks brother. Actually i already had 27kw Solar Panels installed over my Premises roof top from last 3 years. Its definitely giving me savings but still that is not enough and don't have more space for more panels.

NewUser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks for the information as it led to do some digging on this topic. I discussed with my CA and my Bank RM. Both said nothing about the malpractice. The only thing both of them suggested that if you use separate credit cards for personal & Business then it helps to track your personal and business expenses easily. Moreover for small businesses with less turnover/ proprietors, bank doesn't issues separate cards.
i also read and checked this on hdfc bank website which also doesn't mentioned any malpractice.
link - https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/r...ng-personal-credit-card-for-business-expenses
The link just discourages users from using their personal credit cards for business purposes, the only repercussion being a probable fall in credit score. If that's all there's to it, you should be good.

There was an app(don't remember the name) which became quite popular about a year ago. The CC users used to register their cards, and the non-CC users used to contact the CC users via app during the Amazon Great Sale etc ... it was a win-win for all parties. But this issue of personal CCs being used for business purpose was flagged by many users here. Not sure if the app is operational still.

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
What @sv004 said.
I use Infinia to buy Amazon voucher and pay all utility bills via Amazon pay
any other way to pay utility bills ?

as ASV can't be used for bill payments (I assume), and AGV have processing fees, so was trying to find out another way of paying bills at full 16.65% return (current benefit is around 13.65% approx) :LOL:

CardCraftsman.

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
any other way to pay utility bills ?

as ASV can't be used for bill payments (I assume), and AGV have processing fees, so was trying to find out another way of paying bills at full 16.65% return (current benefit is around 13.65% approx) :LOL:
WTF, 13% me bhi koi dukh ho sakta h kya? As per me, there is no way to pay bill with more rewards than this and I don't there is even other way but pta nahi TF wale boht khatarnak h.