• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Imperia

Infiniti

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I always feel that best way to get cards is by other cards limit rather than maintaining big NRV with these banks.
BTW i own premium banking with SCB (15lac NRV), ICICI Privilege, HDFC savings max and Indus exclusive out of all these i own magnus from Axis without account with them.
nice. how would you rate the respective premium banking experience?

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
nice. how would you rate the respective premium banking experience?
SCB only using for a show off lol (being MNC bank); Even for a premium client they charge 999+GST for their Manhattan credit card.
IndusInd i'm using only the signature debit card for 0 markup fee for overseas spend
Icici privilege, app shows orange/red and all mails will be shown as privilege customer (maintain it since i got it with zero balance and no charges for anything other than DC fee)
Winner is HDFC i got LTF Regalia and always taking the best out of it via smartbuy offers

Souvik

TF Premier
SCB only using for a show off lol (being MNC bank); Even for a premium client they charge 999+GST for their Manhattan credit card.
IndusInd i'm using only the signature debit card for 0 markup fee for overseas spend
Icici privilege, app shows orange/red and all mails will be shown as privilege customer (maintain it since i got it with zero balance and no charges for anything other than DC fee)
Winner is HDFC i got LTF Regalia and always taking the best out of it via smartbuy offers
I sort of agree, that HDFC Imperia is not the best but sort of better than the competition in terms of premium banking. Banks nowadays do not incentivize premium savings accounts, but rather focus on insurance sales and other ways to make money.

With a rising REPO rate I hope banks would now have to look for more cash from savers. IDFC Select/Wealth account does give you 1 year Amazon Prime for free though, I got it.

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
I sort of agree, that HDFC Imperia is not the best but sort of better than the competition in terms of premium banking. Banks nowadays do not incentivize premium savings accounts, but rather focus on insurance sales and other ways to make money.

With a rising REPO rate I hope banks would now have to look for more cash from savers. IDFC Select/Wealth account does give you 1 year Amazon Prime for free though, I got it.
Best gift at the moment and increasing int rate will always bring in more deposits to banks so mostly no more offerings for premium segments

raghunath

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Imperia Debit card gives you 8 (2 per quarter) domestic lounge access. A waiver on certain fees on transactions like IMPS.

Asked for Infinia Card but is stuck due to a late payment on one of their old card 3 years ago.

RM says Locker will be avialable soon but that soon never comes.

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Imperia Debit card gives you 8 (2 per quarter) domestic lounge access. A waiver on certain fees on transactions like IMPS.

Asked for Infinia Card but is stuck due to a late payment on one of their old card 3 years ago.

Hope infinia also easyshop platinum which gives 750 per month to pay cc bills from their portal

Rushhh1010

TF Buzz
I would be removing a significant amount of money from my HDFC bank account for some investments soon. I have a hdfc imperia DC with my account, and given the loss of TRV I'm expecting to be downgraded to preferred. Will they charge me for the Imperia platinum debit card after the downgrade?

varun__goel_

TF Legend
I would be removing a significant amount of money from my HDFC bank account for some investments soon. I have a hdfc imperia DC with my account, and given the loss of TRV I'm expecting to be downgraded to preferred. Will they charge me for the Imperia platinum debit card after the downgrade?
No, as long as you are part of any programme you won't be charged for DC

Nitheesh

TF Premier
I opened my account as standard on 30th October and was upgraded to Imperia on 6th November. But till now, when I call dedicated customer care number, they are saying that my number is not registered for premium banking. I'm seeing Imperia in app and website also. They have allotted a RM who is also not responding to me. I have already taken free locker in nearby branch.

1. Till how many days, should I wait for complete activation, if there is anything like that? Or what should I do now?

2. While opening standard account, I received a standard kit. Now since the account is upgraded, will I receive Imperia kit automatically or I should request again? If yes, then through which medium? Customer care or RM?

Thanks and Regards

varun__goel_

TF Legend
I opened my account as standard on 30th October and was upgraded to Imperia on 6th November. But till now, when I call dedicated customer care number, they are saying that my number is not registered for premium banking. I'm seeing Imperia in app and website also. They have allotted a RM who is also not responding to me. I have already taken free locker in nearby branch.

1. Till how many days, should I wait for complete activation, if there is anything like that? Or what should I do now?

2. While opening standard account, I received a standard kit. Now since the account is upgraded, will I receive Imperia kit automatically or I should request again? If yes, then through which medium? Customer care or RM?

Thanks and Regards
It takes around 10-15 days for your no to get reg under premium services
There's no diff in welcome kit, just a dc and cheque book with imperia branding, you can request that if you want via nb/mb.
Only platinum dc is available with imperia branding

viru5678

TF Select

Just being Imperia customer they will never give you locker, They want you to buy Insurance policies and then you become eligible for Locker or even premium cards like Infinia.

akshayhs

TF Ace
IDFC provide all the imepria benefit in 10K AMB
Hes so cute ugh leonardo di caprio GIF - Auf GIFER suchen

Nitheesh

TF Premier
Just being Imperia customer they will never give you locker, They want you to buy Insurance policies and then you become eligible for Locker or even premium cards like Infinia.
Not really. My account is in Bengaluru, and I just walked into my hometown branch asking for a locker as I'm an Imperia customer. They immediately processed and tried to transfer the account to that branch. I said I would consider it and was issued a locker within 30 minutes.

But they are cutting down on free lounge access, even for Imperia. "Effective 1st January 2024, you will get complimentary lounge benefit only if you spend Rs. 5000 or more in previous calendar quarter."

viru5678

TF Select
Not really. My account is in Bengaluru, and I just walked into my hometown branch asking for a locker as I'm an Imperia customer. They immediately processed and tried to transfer the account to that branch. I said I would consider it and was issued a locker within 30 minutes.

But they are cutting down on free lounge access, even for Imperia. "Effective 1st January 2024, you will get complimentary lounge benefit only if you spend Rs. 5000 or more in previous calendar quarter."
You are lucky. I got Imeria 4 years ago and moved to Ahmedabad and Pune and could not get locker anywhere. This year I got locker in Pune-HInjewadi only when I procured HDFC Life Policy. My BM says if I procure 1 more policy then he can get me Infinia. :)

Reactions: kjs