• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Gyftr now has processing fee for Amazon shopping voucher

CVV

TF Buzz
Same. In all I was able to buy 45k worth of vouchers.
How do you make good use of this money for apart from regular shopping.

I am planning to pay LIC insurance with Apay and all other utility bills. But with 2.5% it kinda loses its sweetness with 295 rs for each 10K.

Last edited:

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge

I am planning to pay LIC insurance with Apay and all other utility bills. But with 2.5% i guess we are paying 295 rs for each 10K.
That's one way to look at it.

The other way is to see if the rewards you're getting > extra money you're paying.
With Infinia, if you get 16.65% return for 2.5% extra payment charges, it's still amazing for the additional rewards.

rohitb

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge

I am planning to pay LIC insurance with Apay and all other utility bills. But with 2.5% it kinda loses its sweetness with 295 rs for each 10K.
What I have done in past . I buy Kalyan gold coin vouchers using Amazon pay and Amazon shopping vouchers.these vouchers are valid for 1 year from date of purchase and then buy gold from it before diwali.
I think of them as investment and considering physical gold has 3% gst still it comes out to be net positive. (We can argue against this investment instrument as sgb gives 2.5% interest for 8 years, so this is kind of total 6-7% less returns over 8 years but more liquidity)

Now that it's spoken I am sure this option will go away 🤣🤣🤣

rohitb

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
That's one way to look at it.

The other way is to see if the rewards you're getting > extra money you're paying.
With Infinia, if you get 16.65% return for 2.5% extra payment charges, it's still amazing for the additional rewards.
That is how I see it. Use it for places where I would not have gotten such rewards.

CVV

TF Buzz
What I have done in past . I buy Kalyan gold coin vouchers using Amazon pay and Amazon shopping vouchers.these vouchers are valid for 1 year from date of purchase and then buy gold from it before diwali.
I think of them as investment and considering physical gold has 3% gst still it comes out to be net positive. (We can argue against this investment instrument as sgb gives 2.5% interest for 8 years, so this is kind of total 6-7% less returns over 8 years but more liquidity)

Now that it's spoken I am sure this option will go away 🤣🤣🤣
I normally buy grocery vouchers with discounts and add them respective apps but never thought about gold. Any other platform we can buy discounted vouchers apart from Amazon and use Amazon pay wallet to purchsse to maximize the returns. I have tried hubble but can't use Apay.