• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB HDFC Diners Club Black Metal Credit Card

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
HDFC is arrogant in some ways, but they are always reliable. I agree that they should pass on some benefits to high value customers(especially one's who are maintaining 10L SA AMB/30L TRV), but I wouldn't sacrifice my banking relationship for that. I have always received top-notch service from the Imperia team and they are pretty knowledgeable(stark opposite to the dimwits at Axis). The best part is that I have NEVER faced any hiccups with money transfers to date! NOT ONCE. This especially comes in handy to me when someone is liquidating their bonds out of desperation in the secondary market.
Coming to Axis, I've seen several complaints from Burgundy users about the exceptionally low quality of service they have received from Axis, and how one needs to escalate numerous times before receiving a proper resolution. The last few months and the Burgundy Magnus Fiasco should be a testament to how frustrating it is to deal with Axis. They have great products but abysmal service, and if you're willing to compromise on that for some additional benefits, go ahead.
I have completely opposite experience in this regards too.

Axis is not perfect. I have seen several issues in last one year or so. But in the end, they all have got resolved. Some at premium experience, some at pno and some at rbi. But all ended in my favour. And most importantly, they never lost 'politeness'.

On the other hand, I haven't found anything get working with HDFC from base level to MD desk. They denied me even the basic times platinum credit card as LTF. Simple things like Debit card cashback issue, DCB milestone issues were also too difficult for customer care to understand. Forget about solving them.

Most recently, I have been facing issues with payzapp wallet loading and the imperia support is giving 2 weeks timeline to get back and after 2 weeks they reply the usual copy paste message without any resolution.

I have seen several people complaining about Axis here as well as other forums. But in my case, Axis has been exception. 10 year old savings account. First ever credit card with 4L limit with cibil score of 2. And many more.

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
On the other hand, I haven't found anything get working with HDFC from base level to MD desk. They denied me even the basic times platinum credit card as LTF. Simple things like Debit card cashback issue, DCB milestone issues were also too difficult for customer care to understand. Forget about solving them.
I have a similar experience with HDFC, for 10 years I had Times Titanium card that too paid version. I have had an Imperia account with them since about 7-8 years, yet was not offered anything other FDs, ULIPs and Insurance scheme. When I tried upgrading the Times Card, max they offered me was Times Platinum paid version.

Once I filled up an application for new credit card for DCB (since I meet all their elgibility requirements for DCB, heck even Infinia), the application suggested that I apply for Infinia instead of DCB. When I did submit the application for Infinia, they rejected my application citing internal reasons which I later came to know was I did not spend enough on my existing card - Times Titanium. For real, they wanted me to spend 7-8L on effing Times Titanium :mad:

Only saving grace I got was when I discovered that I was eligible for Alumni program and applied and got DCB LTF now. Now, if I hadn't discovered that either and with the new DCB metal, they are discontinuing the Alumni program as well, I wouldn't have got any upgrade with HDFC.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
I have completely opposite experience in this regards too.

Axis is not perfect. I have seen several issues in last one year or so. But in the end, they all have got resolved. Some at premium experience, some at pno and some at rbi. But all ended in my favour. And most importantly, they never lost 'politeness'.

Most recently, I have been facing issues with payzapp wallet loading and the imperia support is giving 2 weeks timeline to get back and after 2 weeks they reply the usual copy paste message without any resolution.

I have seen several people complaining about Axis here as well as other forums. But in my case, Axis has been exception. 10 year old savings account. First ever credit card with 4L limit with cibil score of 2. And many more.
Again, the cards dept may be lacking in certain aspects, but I’m basing my experience wholly on the banking aspect. No other bank has provided such seamless experience while carrying out high value transactions. And that was my main requirement from them since the start, so I can say that I’m a happy customer in that regards.
I agree that the folks at the HDFC cards dept are as pompous as they come, but just think how many people are constantly requesting for LTF conversions. The only practical way of getting it done is through having a healthy relationship with the BM and RM at your branch. How you build that relationship is completely dependent on you. I know it seems like a big thing to be a Imperia customer, but you should see how many Imperia banking relationships are handled at my branch alone. So just holding a decent NRV will not entitle us to an LTF card. Especially something like the Infinia, which HDFC has kept a tight grip on the distribution. XD

Last edited:

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Again, the cards dept may be lacking in certain aspects, but I’m basing my experience wholly on the banking aspect. No other bank has provided such seamless experience while carrying out high value transactions. And that was my main requirement from them since the start, so I can say that I’m a happy customer in that regards.
I agree that the folks at the HDFC cards dept are as pompous as they come, but just about think how many people are constantly requesting for LTF conversions. The only practical way of getting it done is through having a healthy relationship with the BM and RM at your branch. How you build that relationship is completely dependent on you. I know it seems like a big thing to be a Imperia customer, but you should see how many Imperia banking relationships are handled at my branch alone. So just holding a decent NRV will not entitle us to an LTF card. Especially something like the Infinia of which HDFC has kept a tight grip on the distribution. XD
I haven't found anything useful from RM/BM neither from Axis nor HDFC. Level 1 Customer care guys are more helpful than them.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
I haven't found anything useful from RM/BM neither from Axis nor HDFC. Level 1 Customer care guys are more helpful than them.
Most of them are parasites. In this day and age, they are more hard pressed on meeting their targets(shamelessly selling useless policies) to push the top and bottom line of the bank.
Since I rarely visit the branch, I always prioritise finding the best branch in my city having experienced staff who properly know how to deal with customers. Even if it entails a longer travelling distance, whenever I need their help, I know I can always count on them. My BM has been with HDFC for several decades now(and is quite resourceful) and RM has kept his promise to never trouble my family with any sales calls. So I’m happy. :)

Hisoka

TF Ace
I’m not getting it why is everyone comparing DCB metal to Infinia Metal here. Infinia is better by a long margin as it offers 12,500 points on joining and renewal. That’s a huge deal, and considering 10k for DCB with no joining and renewal benefit. People might’ve to use it as their primary card and spend at least 3-5 lacs a year just to compensate for the joining fees.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Now Smartbuy website clearly showing multipliers for DCB metal too. Same as DCB.

So, DCB LTF and Infinia paid is still better than DCB Metal paid for most cases.

DCB paid vs DCB Metal paid is debatable, if someone does 4L spend in a quarter.
For many uses cases especially mix and match high spends over smartbuy and normal spending , DCB metal is even above Infinia.
Especially if you are hitting 8 lakhs in 2 quarters with 3 months of smartcap
All cards would get base Rewards same
Infinia would get 45k in smart buy
Metal would get 30k
DCB PVC would get 22.5k
Additionally Metal would give 20k extra
Thats 5k above Infinia

For high spenders keeping DCB LTF just because it's LTF won't make any sense DCB anyway have lower waiver criteria

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
For many uses cases especially mix and match high spends over smartbuy and normal spending , DCB metal is even above Infinia.
Especially if you are hitting 8 lakhs in 2 quarters with 3 months of smartcap
All cards would get base Rewards same
Infinia would get 45k in smart buy
Metal would get 30k
DCB PVC would get 22.5k
Additionally Metal would give 20k extra
Thats 5k above Infinia

For high spenders keeping DCB LTF just because it's LTF won't make any sense DCB anyway have lower waiver criteria
Spending minimum 2.5L out of 4L outside Smartbuy vouchers/Apple with diners network is am achievement in itself🤣. I would hardly see anyone fall in that category. Maybe people with 1L monthly rent 😅 using hdfc Billpay redgiraffe.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
Spending minimum 2.5L out of 4L outside Smartbuy vouchers/Apple with diners network is am achievement in itself🤣. I would hardly see anyone fall in that category. Maybe people with 1L monthly rent 😅 using hdfc Billpay redgiraffe.
You spoke my mind. :ROFLMAO:
HDFC should hand out awards to people who are able to hit 8L mark on diners if the majority of their spends is outside of Smartbuy. Especially those who have a sizable amount of POS spends.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I spent 16 lakhs outside smartbuy
Most of the ofline POS that accepts Rupay accepts DCB.
Not sure how you guys are facing acceptance issue.

And I am based out of tier 3 city :D

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I spent 16 lakhs outside smartbuy
Most of the ofline POS that accepts Rupay accepts DCB.
Not sure how you guys are facing acceptance issue.

And I am based out of tier 3 city :D
In 3 months? Or one year? or Entire card lifetime?

Either way, it's an achievement 😃. That too in magnus/reserve ERA. Congratulations, you are that one in million, for which this card is designed 😅.

I had about 80% spends instant vouchers and rest 20% on redgiraffe rent pay. Literally nowhere else it works. Online/Offline/Domestic/International. I had literally struggle to get GVP 500 welcome bonus points, as card was not getting accepted anywhere.

That aside, Rupay acceptance is also an equal issue just like Amex/Diners. Although, I found Rupay on JCB network being accepted more easily in singapore at least.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge

Either way, it's an achievement 😃. That too in magnus/reserve ERA. Congratulations, you are that one in million, for which this card is designed 😅.

I had about 80% spends instant vouchers and rest 20% on redgiraffe rent pay. Literally nowhere else it works. Online/Offline/Domestic/International. I had literally struggle to get GVP 500 welcome bonus points, as card was not getting accepted anywhere.

That aside, Rupay acceptance is also an equal issue just like Amex/Diners. Although, I found Rupay on JCB network being accepted more easily in singapore at least.
My card issuance is April 2023
No red yellow or orange giraffe.
Smartbuy was around 10-15% rest in normal POS and online.

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Haven't been to a single place so far offline where DCB was not accepted. Some folks look at the card as if it is some alien technology, but I always ask them to try with their machine and it still goes through. I haven't done international travel, so can't comment on that.

HDFC machines by default will work with it, and with Discover tying up with Rupay network, its acceptance does not seem to be an issue in India now.

Only place online where it was not accepted was for YouTube Premium.

shrewdoc

TF Ace
Haven't been to a single place so far offline where DCB was not accepted. Some folks look at the card as if it is some alien technology, but I always ask them to try with their machine and it still goes through. I haven't done international travel, so can't comment on that.

HDFC machines by default will work with it, and with Discover tying up with Rupay network, its acceptance does not seem to be an issue in India now.

Subscriptions(SI) won't go through. PayU gateway (widely used by most websites) will have issues most of the time.

As for POS, shopkeepers ask for 1% cheque or cash as swiping charge at my area, so I usually avoid that.

nikhilesh71

TF Select

I agree, don’t know why acceptance is even a fuss atleast in India. Even in tier2/tier 3 cities, I hardly see card getting rejected. Can remember 2 such instances in last 4 years. Online is nil rejection except for rent payment platforms

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I have a similar experience with HDFC, for 10 years I had Times Titanium card that too paid version. I have had an Imperia account with them since about 7-8 years, yet was not offered anything other FDs, ULIPs and Insurance scheme. When I tried upgrading the Times Card, max they offered me was Times Platinum paid version.

Once I filled up an application for new credit card for DCB (since I meet all their elgibility requirements for DCB, heck even Infinia), the application suggested that I apply for Infinia instead of DCB. When I did submit the application for Infinia, they rejected my application citing internal reasons which I later came to know was I did not spend enough on my existing card - Times Titanium. For real, they wanted me to spend 7-8L on effing Times Titanium :mad:

Only saving grace I got was when I discovered that I was eligible for Alumni program and applied and got DCB LTF now. Now, if I hadn't discovered that either and with the new DCB metal, they are discontinuing the Alumni program as well, I wouldn't have got any upgrade with HDFC.
I agree, like i have mentioned multiple times on this forum HDFC does not care for old customers. There focus is only NTB. I had been trying to upgrade DCP to DCB from past 7 months with no luck. Every time it's a different thing, latest is not enough spends in 6 months (I had about 4L spends), finally gave up and changed to Regalia old
PS: I meet all their eligibility as per website

nikzcool

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have been trying to upgrade my paid dcb plastic to paid infinia, but haven't been able to.

Have 6l limit.

I think paid dcb metal is a no Brainer for me.

Even if I meet 4l in one quater (which i can), I can extract more than current dcb.

Fee waiver at 8 lakh is also not an issue.

Plastic milestones were anyway useless to me , as I would take bms and tatacliq Vouchers.

Bms 500 rs voucher being useless as bms in my city doesn't show food items online while booking tickets and 2 tickets cost ~380, rest 120 wasted , else have to book 3 tickets to use full 500.

Tata cliq 500rs, no issues.
Other Vouchers doesn't work in my current city.

Only thing is I do not see the upgrade option in netbanking.
Anyone been able to make the upgrade from paid dcb?

nikzcool

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have been trying to upgrade my paid dcb plastic to paid infinia, but haven't been able to.

Have 6l limit.

I think paid dcb metal is a no Brainer for me.

Even if I meet 4l in one quater (which i can), I can extract more than current dcb.

Fee waiver at 8 lakh is also not an issue.

Plastic milestones were anyway useless to me , as I would take bms and tatacliq Vouchers.

Bms 500 rs voucher being useless as bms in my city doesn't show food items online while booking tickets and 2 tickets cost ~380, rest 120 wasted , else have to book 3 tickets to use full 500.

Tata cliq 500rs, no issues.
Other Vouchers doesn't work in my current city.

Only thing is I do not see the upgrade option in netbanking.
Anyone been able to make the upgrade from paid dcb?
I can extract even more from the dcb than infinia if the acceptance issue is resolved for me.

Meeting 8lakh yearly spend shouldn't be a problem.
In infinia only thing is peace of mind, if I don't reach 10l spends, I still get 12.5k points.