• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hdfc debit card cashback system

My hdfc debit card has 3 categories when i go to redeem cashback in net banking.....
1. debit card promotional cashback,
2. loyalty points- rewards
3. loyalty points money back debit card category.

What is each category and
In which one will smart buy cashback be credited and in how many days.

Solution
Loyalty points are limited validity. Redeem it asap. They don't have a locked threshold amount.
Promotional cashback is for spends made on your debit card. If you spend today, points for today's spends will mostly be credited on 02 Aug. (Basically, 90 days from date of spends). Threshold is 400 points have to be credited before redemption is acceptable.

All redemptions are processed and credited in mostly 48 hours.

akshayhs

TF Ace
Loyalty points are limited validity. Redeem it asap. They don't have a locked threshold amount.
Promotional cashback is for spends made on your debit card. If you spend today, points for today's spends will mostly be credited on 02 Aug. (Basically, 90 days from date of spends). Threshold is 400 points have to be credited before redemption is acceptable.

Last edited:
Solution
Loyal points are limited validity. Redeem it asap. They don't have a locked threshold amount.

For me it shows minimum 250 loyalty points needed to redeem. I'm at 245. But i don't know how to earn more. I'm not sure if my smartbuy purchases have been counted in this category cuz i have not seen them credited in the promotional cashback category or maybe they haven't been credited till not at all .

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
@jsharma1306 were you able to deduce what exactly are these points?
I think promotional ones are the debit card offers posted on smartbuy. Check this link : Smartbuy debit card offer
My platinum card offers 1 point for 200 spend on shopping etc. So I got those point under 1% reward category.
For me I don't have loyalty point category for my platinum card like you have.
Other cashback which I am waiting for is gytfr vouchers I purchased from debit card as my credit card was not working at that time. I don't know which category they lie into.

Jj07

TF Buzz
@jsharma1306 were you able to deduce what exactly are these points?
I think promotional ones are the debit card offers posted on smartbuy. Check this link : Smartbuy debit card offer
My platinum card offers 1 point for 200 spend on shopping etc. So I got those point under 1% reward category.
For me I don't have loyalty point category for my platinum card like you have.
Other cashback which I am waiting for is gytfr vouchers I purchased from debit card as my credit card was not working at that time. I don't know which category they lie into.
Even I'm not sure. Still confused .

ROUTRAY

TF Buzz
My hdfc debit card has 3 categories when i go to redeem cashback in net banking.....
1. debit card promotional cashback,
2. loyalty points- rewards
3. loyalty points money back debit card category.

What is each category and
In which one will smart buy cashback be credited and in how many days.
1.Promotional cashback are those which you get when you use smartbuy or any spend based offer on debit card or any other offers which comes occasionally( these cashback will expire after 3 months From the date of credit)
2. Don't know
3. As you have money back debit card , the loyalty points are the points you earn when you use your debit card. It is the basic reward points for your debit card . Usually have validity of 1 yr from the date of credit .

Jj07

TF Buzz
Thnks this clears things up
1.Promotional cashback are those which you get when you use smartbuy or any spend based offer on debit card or any other offers which comes occasionally( these cashback will expire after 3 months From the date of credit)
2. Don't know
3. As you have money back debit card , the loyalty points are the points you earn when you use your debit card. It is the basic reward points for your debit card . Usually have validity of 1 yr from the date of credit

ROUTRAY

TF Buzz
Loyal points are limited validity. Redeem it asap. They don't have a locked threshold amount.

The minimum redemption amount of 400₹ and 90 days period of cashback credit system is only applicable to millennia debit card . He has money back Debit card

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Can anyone please tell me how many days it takes for that 1% other offline spend cashback to reflect in netbanking for millenia dc. Asking because it's been 40 days now. I used it for shopping from a store.

Abhi5467

TF Premier
Query 1 : Can you redeem Millennia DC cashback NOT in multiples of 400?
Query 2 : Where can I use Millennia DC cashback apart from redemption as statement credit ?