• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC DCB Monthly spend vouchers

srichaitanya

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I recently upgraded my Regalia LTF to DCB LTF under alumni offer. I want to know whether monthly spend target of 80k to get two 500 vouchers is for calendar month or billing cycle?

ltf4ever

TF Ace
Add the voucher to your saved payment method and you can use it multiple times till you exhaust full amount.
so I tried it just now. added the voucher to the payment mode, and tried to book a 175 ticket. it showed 0 balance remaining at the end. I cancelled the transaction, and all 500 came back in the wallet. so I guess it used up all my money even for a lower value ticket.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
so I tried it just now. added the voucher to the payment mode, and tried to book a 175 ticket. it showed 0 balance remaining at the end. I cancelled the transaction, and all 500 came back in the wallet. so I guess it used up all my money even for a lower value ticket.
I don't think it will work. DCB terms clearly says one time usage.

anilkrsh

TF Premier
I don't think it will work. DCB terms clearly says one time usage.
Go to profile->account & settings -> saved payment modes
Tap on add->Gift Voucher
Enter the voucher here and tap save.

While making a booking, choose More Payment Options. You should see your gift voucher there.

I have been doing this since years and that's how all BMS vouchers work.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Tap on add->Gift Voucher

While making a booking, choose More Payment Options. You should see your gift voucher there.

U have ever used bms voucher with DCB? That's different from other bms vouchers.

anilkrsh

TF Premier
U have ever used bms voucher with DCB? That's different from other bms vouchers.
Ya dude... Hitting milestones every month. Last month only went to a stand up show for 350bucks.

Don't go by the DCB TnC.
It even says Amazon Prime and Swiggy membership code won't work for existing subscribtion. But I was able to extend both.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Ya dude... Hitting milestones every month. Last month only went to a stand up show for 350bucks.

Don't go by the DCB TnC.
It even says Amazon Prime and Swiggy membership code won't work for existing subscribtion. But I was able to extend both.
Ok, will try it out, when ticket is just around 400 to minimize losses. As I have heard from others claiming otherwise.

ltf4ever

TF Ace
Tap on add->Gift Voucher

don't know man, I did exactly this, and it showed me 0 balance remaining.

basant

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
My friend has dcb and had completed monthly bonus in aug 23 and dec 23. He dont know abt voucher bonus.
Can he still claim old vouchers? How?

girish3456

TF Premier
I recently upgraded my Regalia LTF to DCB LTF under alumni offer. I want to know whether monthly spend target of 80k to get two 500 vouchers is for calendar month or billing cycle?
It's for a calendar month if your spends are over and above 80k, then you will be eligible for 1000 rupees of bms/ola/tat cliq vouchers

harshgupta940

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I had a few questions regarding DCB Milestone
1) Does educational spends count for DCB Milestone and 5 RP on 150
2) My statement date is the 28th of each month so if I spend after the 28th and before the 1st of next month will I get the voucher.

girish3456

TF Premier
I had a few questions regarding DCB Milestone
1) Does educational spends count for DCB Milestone and 5 RP on 150
2) My statement date is the 28th of each month so if I spend after the 28th and before the 1st of next month will I get the voucher.
Yes for both the questions. Recently (in the first week of April 2024) I have 1,60,000 towards school fee and got reward points too.

As I have checked with HDFC customer care, my school fee transaction is with
MCC 8211 - Elementry and school merchant category

So as per HDFC credit cards, Reward Points excluded only for below categories & for remaining all categories will give you reward points irrespective of the card you hold:
EMI
Wallet Loading
Rental Payments
Govt Payments
Fuel Transactions
Utility Bills per transaction should not be more than 50000 to earn reward points
(can do in multiple transactions to earn reward points)

PS: Am holding DCB Plastic card

Last edited:

harshgupta940

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Yes for both the questions. Recently (in the first week of April 2024) I have 1,60,000 towards school fee and got reward points too.

As I have checked with HDFC customer care, my school fee transaction is with
MCC 8211 - Elementry and school merchant category

So as per HDFC credit cards, Reward Points excluded only for below categories & for remaining all categories will give you reward points irrespective of the card you hold:
EMI
Wallet Loading
Rental Payments
Govt Payments
Fuel Transactions
Utility Bills per transaction should not be more than 50000 to earn reward points
(can do in multiple transactions to earn reward points)

PS: Am holding DCB Plastic card
Great thanks, I am also holding the same. I am going to pay the college fees in parts to complete monthly milestone in 2-3 months.