• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hdfc current account rupay CC charges.

tushu5121

TF Premier
Hello everyone..

A few days back i saw my current account with hdfc bank is on minus 20k.
Where i was maintaining sufficiant balance.

So i mailed hdfc bank and raised a complaint with them.
Now received a response from them saying

These charges are pending to recover regarding Rupay CC.
So i contacted my RM.
He said in my current account i received payments via rupay CC. And the charges are pending to recover from you so account is on minus.

I Said atleast bank should notify me.
And if These payments Received through Rupay CC then Charges Should be deducted on settlement date.
Why suddenly these charges are lavied.
The RM said bank have right they can lavy charges anytime.

my Quuestion can these charges get Reveresed ? As it is lavied as 2%+ gst
And it will impact on my profits.
I my Self don't use Rupay CC on above 2k transactions.
As i am aware above 2k there is charges.

what should i do now?
Please help

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Hello everyone..

A few days back i saw my current account with hdfc bank is on minus 20k.
Where i was maintaining sufficiant balance.

So i mailed hdfc bank and raised a complaint with them.
Now received a response from them saying

These charges are pending to recover regarding Rupay CC.
So i contacted my RM.
He said in my current account i received payments via rupay CC. And the charges are pending to recover from you so account is on minus.

I Said atleast bank should notify me.
And if These payments Received through Rupay CC then Charges Should be deducted on settlement date.
Why suddenly these charges are lavied.
The RM said bank have right they can lavy charges anytime.

my Quuestion can these charges get Reveresed ? As it is lavied as 2%+ gst
And it will impact on my profits.
I my Self don't use Rupay CC on above 2k transactions.
As i am aware above 2k there is charges.

what should i do now?
Please help
There is no charges for customers.

You are a merchant and merchants have to pay MDR. What's new ?

If your account balance is minus 20k means you are a big merchant. You make enough profit to pay 1.25% to 2% MDR (depend on your merchant category).

Now don't say that you have rotated money using RuPay CC link UPI.

Mazak thorai hai itne lakho k money rotate kar doge aur bank MDR wasool nahi karega. 🤣🤣

tushu5121

TF Premier
Bhai.
Mai monthly rotate vgera kuch nhi krta.
Na hi mai khudke account me koi payment krta hu.
Badme same chij revenue me show kregi ar fir koi income tax ka zmela pdega.
Meri electronics ki shop h.
Jaha normal bde items hi sale hote h.

Ar baat MDR lgane ki nhi h.
Mai usse aware hu.
Lekin MDR next day payment settlement ke time lgta h.
In log ne ekdm se lga diya h.
Agar next day lga dete to mujhe pta chl jata ki log Rupay cc se payment kr rhe h to mai rupay cc payments disable kr deta yar mna kr deta.

Ar rha rotation ka to mai iss chkj se aware hu acchese ki 2%+gst charges lgta h 2000 ke upar.

Baki

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Bhai.

Mai usse aware hu.
Agar next day lga dete to mujhe pta chl jata ki log Rupay cc se payment kr rhe h to mai rupay cc payments disable kr deta yar mna kr deta.

Ar rha rotation ka to mai iss chkj se aware hu acchese ki 2%+gst charges lgta h 2000 ke upar.
Axis & HDFC are Harshad Mehta now. They can Scam You & still can get away.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Bhai.

Mai usse aware hu.

If you get more business - accept it
Else disable it

tushu5121

TF Premier
If you get more business - accept it
Else disable it
I Already disabled it after knowing the reason.
And definatly won't accept rupay cc.
Problem is i was unware and bank did not charged on settlement date.
They charged me in bulk. Saying they can charge anytime.

If bank charged me on settlement day. Means next day sp i get aware and disabled the payment that time.

sidp

TF Ace
Actually they can't charge that. And they know they can't charge. In most of these cases, it is bm strategy. As per rbi rule, they have to waive negative charge. But if they get anything from you, it helps the branch people to show higher profitability. And in many cases they would waive off these negative charges on the system and take some settlement amount which they distribute among themselves.

Even many times bank take the amount from savings account which is totally illegal if your current account is registered co or llp. Even in case of sole proprietorship it is a gray area as both have different account no. They would say it is written in t&c while linking account, still it won't work in court. They know most people don't have time to fight in court for these small amounts. Even if you dont do any activity in that account, after sometime it will be dormant.

1st mail to customer care that you want to close the account and want them to waive off all negative charges as per rbi rule. You will get a call back from branch. Don't agree to pay anything. Tell them you will let it go dormant. If you have balance in savings account , 1st move that to some other bank. Once they close your current account in few days you can re-add to avoid penalty in saving account.

tushu5121

TF Premier
I never add OD etc.
I just use this current account for my business related transactions..
And i complained on mail after complained received a call also they said same thing i have to pay these charges.

sidp

TF Ace
I never add OD etc.
I just use this current account for my business related transactions..
And i complained on mail after complained received a call also they said same thing i have to pay these charges.
Technically if you haven't opt for OD, they can't take your balance into negative. It is their fault, they didn't charge during settlement.
They would say they can charge at any later stage if they want. It is also written in t&c which you signed. But tell them it's their policy. Rbi rule says balance can't be negative. Regulator's Rule supercedes bank's policy.

tushu5121

TF Premier
Technically if you haven't opt for OD, they can't take your balance into negative. It is their fault, they didn't charge during settlement.
They would say they can charge at any later stage if they want. It is also written in t&c which you signed. But tell them it's their policy. Rbi rule says balance can't be negative. Regulator's Rule supercedes bank's policy.
Okay will follow the same try to request for waiver..
If not then will shift to other banks.

tushu5121

TF Premier
MDR Charges aren't possible for wave of

RuPay CC UPI is nightmare for Merchants..
Yes.. it is nightmare..
THey take 2% even on hospitals..
I faced same issue few weeks ago
Where i paid by my rupay cc and after 2 days when i visited for next sitting they told me about this..
Now i myself faced same nightmare..

sidp

TF Ace
Okay will follow the same try to request for waiver..
If not then will shift to other banks.
If you have saving account, then move its money beforehand. Hdfc deducts from other accounts if they are linked. Once the current account is closed and you get noc in few days, you can re-add in saving account. But before that calculate if you take out the money now, will your amb of this month be higher than required mab.

prash1161

TF Ace
Bhai.

Mai usse aware hu.

Mere dost ne international shopping ki thi acchi khasi bcoz millennia dc pe 1-2 din m koi charges nhi kat Raha tha
1 mahine bad unno ne usko lut liya
Kya hi kr sakte