• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Credit Cards - FD Based.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Dear Community,

I had some issues in the past with HDFC Credit cards in 2015. They issued me credit card in 2013 and it got renewed in 2016, But I didn't collect the credit card as I moved out of Chennai to Bangalore. But they are saying that some payments are pending and kept it as delinquent account due to missed payments within due time which didn't happen actually with my knowledge. With that reason they are rejecting my Credit Card applications (2 rejected till now with same reason). I do hold preferred account with them with good account balance and transactions, but they are not offering credit card.

Now they are offering FD based credit card (3.5L - Regalia, 13L - Infinia). After 6-9 months of good usage they are telling they will provide Floater Credit card which will be different from the existing credit card, then you can close your FD credit card (For Ex, If we take Infinia now with 13 L FD, they wont give Infinia they may give Regalia, But if we take Regalia now they may give Diners Privilege or Diners Black depends on the usage and getting Infinia in that way will be around 3 years from now).

My Credit Card Portfolio:

ICICI Emeralde, Axis Magnus, Axis Vistara Infinite, Axis Privilege, SBI Prime, Citi Premier Miles, ICICI Coral, ICICI Amazon Pay, One Card, RBL Play Card

Can someone suggest me how to proceed from here. @TechnoFino Sumanta Hope you will be helpful on this issue.

Last edited:

MrRobot

TF Select
Hi, I tried going to a HDFC bank today, to inquire about HDFC CC against FD, since my Cibil records has some problems plus I am not a salaried person. The lady at the branch told me, even for FD based cards cibil is checked and if cibil has a problem the card will not be issued.

Any idea if this true, should I try another branch maybe ?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hi, I tried going to a HDFC bank today, to inquire about HDFC CC against FD, since my Cibil records has some problems plus I am not a salaried person. The lady at the branch told me, even for FD based cards cibil is checked and if cibil has a problem the card will not be issued.

Better do fd with ICICI 50k plus ..if ur budget
U will get apay

Or do
Kotak if it's lower( it give l.e on fd card too but late)
( If area serviceable u will get unsecured card too)

Both are good banks ..kotak is more faster in report..icici is not lesser good .

Yeah both have pro and con

Kotak 811 is rupay or not I don't know.

MrRobot

TF Select
Better do fd with ICICI 50k plus ..if ur budget
U will get apay

Or do
Kotak if it's lower( it give l.e on fd card too but late)
( If area serviceable u will get unsecured card too)

Both are good banks ..kotak is more faster in report..icici is not lesser good .

Yeah both have pro and con

Kotak 811 is rupay or not I don't know.
Thanks, I have a Amazon Pay ICICI Card, it does the job, my need for HDFC card actually was for the various cashback offers specially on Amazon/FK and Apple devices.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Thanks, I have a Amazon Pay ICICI Card, it does the job, my need for HDFC card actually was for the various cashback offers specially on Amazon/FK and Apple devices.
Then
Complain on x for non compliance on service.
Write that u have been misinformed..
They will do whatever is required

What's your cibil ?
How did it go bad

MrRobot

TF Select
Then
Complain on x for non compliance on service.
Write that u have been misinformed..
They will do whatever is required

What's your cibil ?
How did it go bad

Will probably go to another branch to verify, maybe bank staff was mis-informed, my cibil went bad unfortunately due to bad loans (settlement) during covid and job loss.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Will probably go to another branch to verify, maybe bank staff was mis-informed, my cibil went bad unfortunately due to bad loans (settlement) during covid and job loss.
Complain same employee will do it
These HDFC are most egoist.. need to put them in place

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator

since i don't hold any secure/ FD based CC cause it make no sense for me personally to get one. i do hold FD with IDFC. as far i know on hdfc FD, infinia isn't eligible for these in 2022 it used to popular as per tweet i have read. and in 2023 mid and 2024 it wasn't a option if it 10-20 lakhs. so you want just a regular hdfc cc not premium hdfc cc. so cibil won't be checked cause the term itself it secured. so don't worry that person is mis informed. and plus how bad is your cibil?

sidp

TF Ace

1st of all yes they can do credit check for fd card and for add on card also.

744 isn't such a bad score. Even if you have done settlement in past you can still get it. Unless there fraud remark, it should be OK.

Though it is also true that axis/amex/hdfc are very particular about any derogatory remarks. If this bad loan was from hdfc, then most likely they won't give you any cc/loan for some time.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
since i don't hold any secure/ FD based CC cause it make no sense for me personally to get one. i do hold FD with IDFC. as far i know on hdfc FD, infinia isn't eligible for these in 2022 it used to popular as per tweet i have read. and in 2023 mid and 2024 it wasn't a option if it 10-20 lakhs. so you want just a regular hdfc cc not premium hdfc cc. so cibil won't be checked cause the term itself it secured. so don't worry that person is mis informed. and plus how bad is your cibil?
A user said
Since his limit was less than 8 lakh ..
Bank was ready to lein some amount fd to l.e to 8 lakh
For infinia..

Bank employee don't even know about millennia DC Offers forget bank product..
They are trained for 2-5 things ..they just do it like a robo

MrRobot

TF Select
1st of all yes they can do credit check for fd card and for add on card also.

744 isn't such a bad score. Even if you have done settlement in past you can still get it. Unless there fraud remark, it should be OK.

Though it is also true that axis/amex/hdfc are very particular about any derogatory remarks. If this bad loan was from hdfc, then most likely they won't give you any cc/loan for some time.

Aah damn! the loan was from HDFC infact :cry:

sidp

TF Ace
Complain same employee will do it
These HDFC are most egoist.. need to put them in place
Different department altogether. The guy who will take his application is from ops/crm/sales team( depending on branch size).

The one who do credit check and allocate card/limit are also from credit team but underwriters. They are back end team not part of branch banking.

sidp

TF Ace
Aah damn! the loan was from HDFC infact :cry:
You can try but only once. Problem is Hdfc does multiple enquiries for single application. If there will be hard enquiry with rejection, your credit score might drop fast.

How long ago was settlement? If it >3year, might be OK. If> 5 years then most likely OK.

You can also ask what is that guy department. If he is from cc sales team( who mostly stays in urban/bigger branch), then they just log in the application. ask him to connect with guy who process the application He can give you right info.just don't mention you had a bad loan from hdfc.

Tejo

TF Legend

Go with icici