• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Credit Cards - FD Based.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Dear Community,

I had some issues in the past with HDFC Credit cards in 2015. They issued me credit card in 2013 and it got renewed in 2016, But I didn't collect the credit card as I moved out of Chennai to Bangalore. But they are saying that some payments are pending and kept it as delinquent account due to missed payments within due time which didn't happen actually with my knowledge. With that reason they are rejecting my Credit Card applications (2 rejected till now with same reason). I do hold preferred account with them with good account balance and transactions, but they are not offering credit card.

Now they are offering FD based credit card (3.5L - Regalia, 13L - Infinia). After 6-9 months of good usage they are telling they will provide Floater Credit card which will be different from the existing credit card, then you can close your FD credit card (For Ex, If we take Infinia now with 13 L FD, they wont give Infinia they may give Regalia, But if we take Regalia now they may give Diners Privilege or Diners Black depends on the usage and getting Infinia in that way will be around 3 years from now).

My Credit Card Portfolio:

ICICI Emeralde, Axis Magnus, Axis Vistara Infinite, Axis Privilege, SBI Prime, Citi Premier Miles, ICICI Coral, ICICI Amazon Pay, One Card, RBL Play Card

Can someone suggest me how to proceed from here. @TechnoFino Sumanta Hope you will be helpful on this issue.

Last edited:

prash1161

TF Ace
These are policy but they do make exception. While I applied for reg gold, asm showed me a form where it was written 5.6L for biz black and 5.x for DCB metal. He said those are only for paid card with lien fd for people who have good relationship value and as I wasn't OK to put lien. So he agreed for regalia gold.
Even for infinnia bm quoted 10L fd for lien, 15L without lien or 50L transactions in current account. When they have target they would find a way.
Konsa card lena chaiye?

sidp

TF Ace
Konsa card lena chaiye?
1st is which cards we can get which will depend on : fd amount, lien or without, banking relationship, which hdfc services you avail, income type, account type etc.

2nd is which one to choose among them which Depends on your spend pattern.
I like millenia because of real cb but if you want to upgrade to infinnia someday regalia is better.
I,myself wouldn't take a secured card in hdfc. Rather try to get a little lower variant ltf.

prash1161

TF Ace
1st is which cards we can get which will depend on : fd amount, lien or without, banking relationship, which hdfc services you avail, income type, account type etc.

2nd is which one to choose among them which Depends on your spend pattern.
I like millenia because of real cb but if you want to upgrade to infinnia someday regalia is better.
I,myself wouldn't take a secured card in hdfc. Rather try to get a little lower variant ltf.
Spending is 1-2k a month
Or 4-5k if i pay electricity bill
Just taking to get pre approved offers

sidp

TF Ace
If i took millennia fd based

It will be ltf right?
If you take secured card it will be paid. Better to maintain >1L balance for couple of months. Upgrade to classic, and negotiate 2-3wks before quarter end. Tell them You ll keep it in fd but not to put lien. Also this fd(1L for rural/semi urban, 1.5L for urban/metro) will make your account 0balance if you have savings max account. Your millenia dc/esp dc will be free. Once it matures you can take the money out and just maintain sa balance.

For millenia ltf only bm approval is required. So totally depends on your relationship with bm.

prash1161

TF Ace
If you take secured card it will be paid. Better to maintain >1L balance for couple of months. Upgrade to classic, and negotiate 2-3wks before quarter end. Tell them You ll keep it in fd but not to put lien. Also this fd(1L for rural/semi urban, 1.5L for urban/metro) will make your account 0balance if you have savings max account. Your millenia dc/esp dc will be free. Once it matures you can take the money out and just maintain sa balance.

For millenia ltf only bm approval is required. So totally depends on your relationship with bm.
Already classic c

prash1161

TF Ace

I gave bamboo into bm before opening account so not so good