• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Credit Card reported to CIBIL in the same month of issuance

Anil_Singh

TF Ace
My HDFC Millennia Credit Card approved and got delivered on 26th Feb 2023. Added the card to CRED on the same day that made a payment of Rs.1 on my HDFC CC.

I just happen to check my CIBIL Score on my Google Pay app and found out that my CIBIL dropped by 9 points. To my surprise, HDFC already reported the newly delivered card to CIBIL along with Feb payment i.e, Rs.1.

My billing date is 10th, so my 1st bill is not even generated.

Can HDFC do this?

Screenshot_2023-03-07-09-42-48-281_com.google.android.apps.nbu.paisa.user.jpg

ltf4ever

TF Ace
My HDFC Millennia Credit Card approved and got delivered on 26th Feb 2023. Added the card to CRED on the same day that made a payment of Rs.1 on my HDFC CC.

I just happen to check my CIBIL Score on my Google Pay app and found out that my CIBIL dropped by 9 points. To my surprise, HDFC already reported the newly delivered card to CIBIL along with Feb payment i.e, Rs.1.

My billing date is 10th, so my 1st bill is not even generated.

Can HDFC do this?

Screenshot_2023-03-07-09-42-48-281_com.google.android.apps.nbu.paisa.user.jpg
first of all, don't worry about a 9 point drop in cibil, it will climb back and even get better in the next couple of months if you continue paying on time and all else same.

i am not sure of the exact cutoff dates but if the card was approved on 26th, the cibil enquiry was before that and maybe hdfc had to report all enquiries before month end.

Anil_Singh

TF Ace
first of all, don't worry about a 9 point drop in cibil, it will climb back and even get better in the next couple of months if you continue paying on time and all else same.

i am not sure of the exact cutoff dates but if the card was approved on 26th, the cibil enquiry was before that and maybe hdfc had to report all enquiries before month end.
Its not about enquiry, its about reporting to CIBIL even before bill generation.

romilq

TF Ace
Its not about enquiry, its about reporting to CIBIL even before bill generation.
What does bill generation have to do with this ? It’s about issuance only. You availed a credit product and a credit limit has been assigned and available ready to use. So it has been reported. It would have dropped by a few points next month if not this month. It doesn’t make any difference. It will recover with regular payments.

Anil_Singh

TF Ace
What does bill generation have to do with this ? It’s about issuance only. You availed a credit product and a credit limit has been assigned and available ready to use. So it has been reported. It would have dropped by a few points next month if not this month. It doesn’t make any difference. It will recover with regular payments.
Again, I clearly mentioned that my query is not about points drop. I know that it will bounce back in a few weeks. I was just curious. Never saw any bank report before 1st bill generation. Rs.1 was reported as usage and also they reported unknown payment as well which I never did. Got my point?

SiddharthR

TF Ace
I know that bro.. my query was something else.. leave it
I understood what u meant to say.
They will report to CIBIL at the month end regardless of bill generation date or first bill generation date
And the CIBIL drop may be due to ₹1 limit reported by bank. Max out limit if you can, in future, it can boost your Score a little

Reactions: SSV

Anil_Singh

TF Ace
I understood what u meant to say.
They will report to CIBIL at the month end regardless of bill generation date or first bill generation date
And the CIBIL drop may be due to ₹1 limit reported by bank. Max out limit if you can, in future, it can boost your Score a little
We can maxout? Its 25k only. I will maxout in a single transaction through BharatNXT. Its already at 12k. ☺

Anil_Singh

TF Ace
then escalate to pno and rbi. if they give you an explanation that is different from what you got on this thread, then update it here; the community will learn something new from you.

and if they give you the same reason posted here, then that will put to rest your concerns.
Will do that. Thanks.

Dinnong

TF Premier
Again, I clearly mentioned that my query is not about points drop. I know that it will bounce back in a few weeks. I was just curious. Never saw any bank report before 1st bill generation. Rs.1 was reported as usage and also they reported unknown payment as well which I never did. Got my point?
Unknown payment of 1rupee is reversal from cred.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I think what @SiddharthR saying here is right. It is all about reporting date , not statement date irrespecitve of whether it is first bill or not...

Please see below message which is related to my AXIS bank card, which also holds good wrt HDFC card as well. I have given an example..

As regards to the CIBIL score, having even Rs 1 as current balance also will reduce a score of about 10 when compared to current balance <=0, where as CRIF is not worried about minor % utilization...

Last edited: