• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC CC Online Application (Regalia)

sameerdes

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have no prior HDFC banking / card relationship. With my learnings into the world of CCs over the last year or so, wanted to get started with my journey into HDFC cards as well to hopefully reach to the premium HDFC cards in the near future. With this context & since I have the income eligibility as stated on their website, I applied online for Regalia back in March.

However, after the application, there was no movement for almost a month & the tracking status kept showing as INPROCESS/INPROGRESS. Post this, I mailed one of the support IDs & they mentioned that its under review & so they can't commit a timeline. I reverted again saying that a check / approval or even a single step of progress shouldn't be taking more than 4-6 weeks & I've not had this slow of an experience anywhere. To this they then replied asking me to submit my KYC, income proof & 1 pager MID in the nearest branch & that they'll process it further once I do this.
Funnily enough, BOB is criticized very often for their issues & slowness & I had applied for Eterna (via ITR/income proof) around the same time or before HDFC but I got everything done & received the card in around 5 weeks. It was a better & complete online process than what I've experienced with HDFC so far.. but nevertheless!

Anyways, I've not had the chance to visit the HDFC branch yet due to my work schedules & I had mailed them that I'll visit when it's possible for me to do so. Had also requested them to keep my application open if possible. However, now if I try tracking the application online with my mobile number & DOB it says no record found :)

Is the above experience with HDFC CCs normal? Should I try & complete this application as suggested by their mail support or should I let the cool off happen & apply fresh?
Also, is it better to apply for an HDFC card via ITR or C2C (max current limit 2.5L) or is it better to open an account & keep a decent MAB & then apply down the line? Wanted to check on what's the best way to get the highest possible credit limit along with approval.

Any suggestions will be helpful!

DrShimon

TF Buzz
I believe you would be able to apply in July, if you can wait till then. I guess being Preferred account holder approval shouldn't be an issue. But yeah, it isn't guaranteed either. Are you getting Select for sure?
I hold a axis cc. The cc person told me getting select wont be an issue