• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hdfc bill payment

Jack_7777

TF Buzz
I used hdfc bill payment for my Amazon credit card and paid using hdfc debit card on 28th evening and the transaction was successful.

Today is the due date and i can still see that amount is yet not credited to my account and it is still showing as outstanding balance in the imobile app. Whereas when I used cred now for another repayment for the same card the amount is credited and being shown in the app.

My question-

Will I be charged for late payment if the hdfc amount is still not credited to ICICI by end of the day?

If the amount is not credited and I have been charged late fee, can I do something? Since the amount was processed successfully from HDFC? Even in the app they mention it takes upto 3 working days, in this case my point becomes irrelevant.

Should I pay again from cred just to be safe? Since using credit the amount is instantly credited.

Kindly suggest what should I do. Thanks.

Credit Card payment using HDFC Billpay takes 2-3 bank working days to reflect in your credit account. It'll reflect in your ICICI card by 2nd or 3rd of April, but the payment date should reflect 28th March, even though it reflects in April. The only caveat being you've put the correct ICICI card number while paying the bill. If this isn't your first time paying the ICICI bill using HDFC, I wouldn't worry at all.

And DON'T settle bills at the last moment anytime in the future. Try settling it at least 3 bank working days before the actual due date. If you don't have the funds to settle bills that are due by 30th of every month, I'd suggest you to change your billing cycle to get started.

Jack_7777

TF Buzz
Credit Card payment using HDFC Billpay takes 2-3 bank working days to reflect in your credit account. It'll reflect in your ICICI card by 2nd or 3rd of April, but the payment date should reflect 28th March, even though it reflects in April. The only caveat being you've put the correct ICICI card number while paying the bill. If this isn't your first time paying the ICICI bill using HDFC, I wouldn't worry at all.

And DON'T settle bills at the last moment anytime in the future. Try settling it at least 3 bank working days before the actual due date. If you don't have the funds to settle bills that are due by 30th of every month, I'd suggest you to change your billing cycle to get started.
Thanks a lot for the prompt reply!

This is not my first bill payment for this card so i should be fine as you mentioned. But you are absolutely correct I would be more careful and have a buffer next time onwards.