• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Bank Tata Neu Credit cards now live

d3rvish

TF Select
Your transaction is failed after submit otp or RuPay OTP page is not open ?

When the transaction fails, it never loads the OTP page but produces an error page instead. There have been no failures for me after the OTP has successfully been generated and inputed. But those are few. Most times it errors out.

And yes, I am on the latest version of the Tata Neu app, and I am not using plugins or content blockers that may interfere with payments etc etc. I've been using credit cards online for over 20 years now.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
When the transaction fails, it never loads the OTP page but produces an error page instead. There have been no failures for me after the OTP has successfully been generated and inputed. But those are few. Most times it errors out.

And yes, I am on the latest version of the Tata Neu app, and I am not using plugins or content blockers that may interfere with payments etc etc. I've been using credit cards online for over 20 years now.
Ok now i understand the problem. Actually, all payment gateway's acquirer banks are not supported all RuPay cards, especially newly launch RuPay cards BIN.

When wrong payment gateway page open, your transaction will get declined.

when we use any apps, we didn't know which payment gateway opened but we easily find out through website

For example -

Just few weeks ago, i used Pencilton RuPay prepaid card for Simpl merchant repayment via website.

First time open worldline payment gateway (you will see the url name on web browser and also payment gateway page UI) but transaction decline and page auto redirect back to merchant website without open RuPay OTP page,

2nd time i tried, this time i didn't remember which payment gateway open but its not worldline payment gateway and again transaction decline and page auto redirect back to merchant website without open RuPay OTP page,

Now 3rd time again i tried, now this time Razorpay payment gateway page open and yes this time RuPay OTP page successfully opened and transaction get successfull.

So, the problem is that all payment gateways are not supported new RuPay cards (especially new RuPay BINs like Tata Neu BIN 652925 and 652926).

Old RuPay cards are working perfectly because old RuPay card BINs are supported by mostly all payment gateway's acquirer banks.

Like i said earlier, there is no problem on RuPay card transactions, the problem is that new RuPay BINs are not integrated on all payment gateways.

@Chaitanya-a

d3rvish

TF Select
Well, you would think that if Tata Neu launches a Rupay card, they would take the gateway compatibility issue into account. As I said, all my failures have been on the Tata Neu app or on Tata group sites that are part of Tata Neu.

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
Ok now i understand the problem. Actually, all payment gateway's acquirer banks are not supported all RuPay cards, especially newly launch RuPay cards BIN.

When wrong payment gateway page open, your transaction will get declined.

when we use any apps, we didn't know which payment gateway opened but we easily find out through website

For example -

Just few weeks ago, i used Pencilton RuPay prepaid card for Simpl merchant repayment via website.

First time open worldline payment gateway (you will see the url name on web browser and also payment gateway page UI) but transaction decline and page auto redirect back to merchant website without open RuPay OTP page,

2nd time i tried, this time i didn't remember which payment gateway open but its not worldline payment gateway and again transaction decline and page auto redirect back to merchant website without open RuPay OTP page,

Now 3rd time again i tried, now this time Razorpay payment gateway page open and yes this time RuPay OTP page successfully opened and transaction get successfull.

So, the problem is that all payment gateways are not supported new RuPay cards (especially new RuPay BINs like Tata Neu BIN 652925 and 652926).

Old RuPay cards are working perfectly because old RuPay card BINs are supported by mostly all payment gateway's acquirer banks.

Like i said earlier, there is no problem on RuPay card transactions, the problem is that new RuPay BINs are not integrated on all payment gateways.

@Chaitanya-a
But the question is why would anyone waste their time & energy even after paying annual charges?! Its not our work to check payment gateway n all. My simple end goal is make the payment and choose reliable card network unlike Rupay.
When we have Visa performing far better and smoother, then why would I go for hassle by taking Rupay card which has problem.
I would wait for it to become fully functional rather than becoming its beta-user.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
But the question is why would anyone waste their time & energy even after paying annual charges?! Its not our work to check payment gateway n all. My simple end goal is make the payment and choose reliable card network unlike Rupay.
When we have Visa performing far better and smoother, then why would I go for hassle by taking Rupay card which has problem.
I would wait for it to become fully functional rather than becoming its beta-user.
@d3rvish Ya, It's the responsibility of Tata Neu tech support team to integrate all RuPay card BINs properly with their payment gateways.

@Chaitanya-a Early days, Americans also faced this type of problem with visa/mastercards that's why we get best performance with visa/mastercards, if you think like that "why would I go for hassle by taking Rupay card which has problem" so no Indian company will be successful.

A total of 30+ credit card companies were launched, Only American Credit Card Companies Succeeded, all other country's credit card companies acquired by visa/mastercard or filed bankcryptcy. Reason is simple - except Americans, people from other countries think same like you "When we have Visa performing far better and smoother, then why would I go for hassle by taking our local credit card which has problem." :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

China knew this very well that's why china banned Visa/master/amex card in Chinese market and launch their own UnionPay card. After Unionpay card successfull in China and Worldwide, now 2 years back, Visa/master/amex card get license to enter in chinese market.

I remember former NPCI CEO told, RuPay card will never be successful unless Indians support it.

Merchants/payment gateways don't take RuPay card seriously due to low user base and another side customer does not take RuPay card due to some integration issue. Kare toh kya kare ? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Someone has to make the first move and it has to be taken by the customer.

dishank_24

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Currently the Tata new app is showing me two types of credit cards available that is the Tata neu infinity HDFC card and the Tata neu plus HDFC card. Please find attached details of both the offers available in my neu app.

Attachments

• 20221226 Tata Neu Credit Cards.pdf
    302.8 KB · Views: 49

Rahul92

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I think I will call to close my neu infinity card after my bill gets generated on 1st Jan and i pay it.

It's a useless card. Not worth having even if LTF

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
It is useful if you order from Tata Neu app for Grocery or flights, or anything else, 10% cashback is worth it
Yeah in some way but NeuCoins don't have any use case outside Tata Neu app. Whereas Amazon Pay balance is usable at various other merchants and it is LTF as well.

Don't know why people will pay for such paid card when compared with Amazon Pay ICICI card.

I'm even happy with Flipkart Axis paid card as its giving 5% cashback at ₹500 (that too statement credit) unlike Tata Neu's Plus card which is giving only 2% for same price.