• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Bank Smartbuy Reward Limit Revised For Infinia Credit Card | Daily Caping Removed

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank has removed the smartbuy portal daily maximum points capping from its Infinia credit card. Earlier, it was limited to 7500 reward points per day, but now it has been increased to 15,000 points per day, which is equivalent to the monthly capping.
Screenshot 2023-08-01 at 9.28.17 AM.png
So, if you want to make significant spends on smartbuy portal or already have big transactions planned, you can now complete the monthly target in a single day, which was not possible earlier due to the daily capping.
I must say, the daily capping was sufficient for most people, but having no cap is definitely a liberating feeling, making it a good move from HDFC Bank.

Rishi Singh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I think you are mixing up settlement date of transaction by bank to vendor with payment settlement date by card holder.

Hdfc terms are clear that all of it is based on transaction settlement date. Better to do transaction on 1 Nov to avoid instant settlement cases.
Transactions are settled immediately from credit card to vendor...
Previously it used to take 2-3 days to reflect in the card transactions in hdfc netbanking, now it shows immediately...
Even in previous case, when the transactions used to take 2-3 days to reflect in the card transactions, the payment date showed as back dated i.e. the date of making the actual payment...

So the bonus points will be counted in the month in which the transaction was made...

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Transactions are settled immediately from credit card to vendor...
Previously it used to take 2-3 days to reflect in the card transactions in hdfc netbanking, now it shows immediately...
Even in previous case, when the transactions used to take 2-3 days to reflect in the card transactions, the payment date showed as back dated i.e. the date of making the actual payment...

So the bonus points will be counted in the month in which the transaction was made...
It still takes about 2-3 days to reflect in unbilled transactions i.e. when it is settled and the RPs are added only when it is settled. It does show up in Authorized amount immediately to block that part of the credit limit.

Rishi Singh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
It still takes about 2-3 days to reflect in unbilled transactions i.e. when it is settled and the RPs are added only when it is settled. It does show up in Authorized amount immediately to block that part of the credit limit.
I have infinia card and my transactions show immediately on my HDFC mobile banking app under unbilled transactions.

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have infinia card and my transactions show immediately on my HDFC mobile banking app under unbilled transactions.
Ok, maybe an Infinia feature/bug. Never seen any CC settle the transaction immediately and show up in unbilled transactions. Amex shows the transaction but in pending state until it is settled.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Have been using infinia for 2 years now... I am 100% sure... Capping is monthly, it has nothing to do with your credit card bill generation or payment date...
So u reached monthly capping of 15K, did one transaction on last day of month and didn't get Smartbuy points?

I really doubt that, as points are credited 1 day after settlement and settlement happens 2 days after transaction date.

Unless you have literally tried what i mentioned above.

Rishi Singh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
So u reached monthly capping of 15K, did one transaction on last day of month and didn't get Smartbuy points?

I really doubt that, as points are credited 1 day after settlement and settlement happens 2 days after transaction date.

Unless you have literally tried what i mentioned above.
In your unbilled it will still show as payment on last day of the month and not 2 days after.
So technically the payment was made in the last month and not in the new month and points will be counted in last month. As far as I know, this is the case, you can confirm this by calling the premium customer care of Infinia.

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Screenshot_20231030_135445_HDFC Bank.jpg
You can check today's transaction reflecting in my infinia card.. I dont think its a bug... It started showing like this after the recent hdfc system uprgade...
In the mobile app, I am also able to see Pending transactions in Unbilled Transactions. But these are not yet settled. If I login into Netbanking, these transactions are not seen in Unbilled Transactions. Also the amount is shown in Authorized amount - meaning authorized but not settled. RPs for these transactions are also not credited yet.

TLDR; It is a bug in the mobile app.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
In your unbilled it will still show as payment on last day of the month and not 2 days after.
So technically the payment was made in the last month and not in the new month and points will be counted in last month. As far as I know, this is the case, you can confirm this by calling the premium customer care of Infinia.
That's why I was precisely asking if u tried it or not.

Anyway, called Infinia support and they mentioned that it is based on settlement date only.

bonheur

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Anyway, called Infinia support and they mentioned that it is based on settlement date only.
As it should be. I only go by MyCards which gives correct breakdown of unsettled vs unbilled, and all milestone considerations should be based on the latter.

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

It was earlier transaction date and hdfc changed this specifically to settlement date a year ago. They sent out emails as well updated TnC. So no way one can be sure as transaction settlement are agreements between vendor and banks.

Also, please be careful about the universal coordinated time rather than just Indian time if you are attempting for large transaction on early hours of 1st of any month.

sarainfo12

TF Premier
Can someone tell where to spend to get same day settlement?
I need to spend 500rs more eligible for 1500rs quarterly milestone spend for DCP card. I spent already 149600rs