• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Bank Smartbuy Reward Limit Revised For Infinia Credit Card | Daily Caping Removed

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank has removed the smartbuy portal daily maximum points capping from its Infinia credit card. Earlier, it was limited to 7500 reward points per day, but now it has been increased to 15,000 points per day, which is equivalent to the monthly capping.
Screenshot 2023-08-01 at 9.28.17 AM.png
So, if you want to make significant spends on smartbuy portal or already have big transactions planned, you can now complete the monthly target in a single day, which was not possible earlier due to the daily capping.
I must say, the daily capping was sufficient for most people, but having no cap is definitely a liberating feeling, making it a good move from HDFC Bank.

sriteja

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
How does the capping work exactly? Let say we have DCB card. Daily capping is 2500 points through smartbuy. Let say if I book a hotel for 10000 Rs. on smartbuy, it should be eligible for 10x rewards. So without capping, I should be eligible for 3300 (10000 / 150 * 5 * 10) reward points.

But with capping applied,
  1. does the capping apply on whole reward points (i.e 3300) and I get only 2500 points or
  2. does the capping apply on 9x extra smart buy points i.e I will get (1x unlimited) and (9x upto 2500). According to this I should get 330 + 2500 = 2830 reward points
Which case will happen? either first on second?

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
How does the capping work exactly? Let say we have DCB card. Daily capping is 2500 points through smartbuy. Let say if I book a hotel for 10000 Rs. on smartbuy, it should be eligible for 10x rewards. So without capping, I should be eligible for 3300 (10000 / 150 * 5 * 10) reward points.

1. does the capping apply on whole reward points (i.e 3300) and I get only 2500 points or
  2. does the capping apply on 9x extra smart buy points i.e I will get (1x unlimited) and (9x upto 2500). According to this I should get 330 + 2500 = 2830 reward points
First

Rishi Singh

TF Select
VIP Lounge

It is the second one... Capping is only for the bonus points... You will get 2830 points if you spend 10k on a hotel in a day and if you have no other Smartbuy transactions on that day which also have bonus points/you have not exceeded your monthly limit of 7500 bonus points....

sriteja

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
It is the second one... Capping is only for the bonus points... You will get 2830 points if you spend 10k on a hotel in a day and if you have no other Smartbuy transactions on that day which also have bonus points/you have not exceeded your monthly limit of 7500 bonus points....
got it thanks!

nilan

TF Buzz
HDFC Bank has removed the smartbuy portal daily maximum points capping from its Infinia credit card. Earlier, it was limited to 7500 reward points per day, but now it has been increased to 15,000 points per day, which is equivalent to the monthly capping.
So, if you want to make significant spends on smartbuy portal or already have big transactions planned, you can now complete the monthly target in a single day, which was not possible earlier due to the daily capping.
I must say, the daily capping was sufficient for most people, but having no cap is definitely a liberating feeling, making it a good move from HDFC Bank.
Have a large expense planned on Infinia soon. Have a doubt regarding the max capping of 15K in a month. Is it total RP capping OR 4X bonus RP capping ? I see few posts interpreting as 4X capping. I do interpret above snapshot as Total RP capping. If you have spent a large amount on Smartbuy please share Max RPs earned on your Infinia.

deepcards

TF Premier
Have a large expense planned on Infinia soon. Have a doubt regarding the max capping of 15K in a month. Is it total RP capping OR 4X bonus RP capping ? I see few posts interpreting as 4X capping. I do interpret above snapshot as Total RP capping. If you have spent a large amount on Smartbuy please share Max RPs earned on your Infinia.
It's 4X/9X capping. so whatever is the amount you are going to spend, divide by 150, and round that figure to the lower integer. then multiply by 4/9: that should be less than 15k in a day/month.

DevD

TF Premier
I think it should be the bonus points that has capping.

itsds

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
is thi
is this capping only applicable for spends on Smartbuy , or for any transactions in a month on Infinia ?

deepcards

TF Premier
is thi

is this capping only applicable for spends on Smartbuy , or for any transactions in a month on Infinia ?
This is for "Bonus" reward points- the 3X/5X/10X ones. Normal transactions have no capping (where u get 3.3% Rewards), except groceries, which have a capping of 2k rewards in a month.

Rishi Singh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Is the Smartbuy limit based on transaction date or settlement date?

If I have reached this month limit and do another transaction on 31st, which gets settled in next month. Will I get points for them?
The bonus points capping of 15000 points is on monthly basis and does not depend on your settlement date...

If you have reached the limit for October month then use the card in next month i.e. 1st November....

Just remember the capping is only for the bonus points and not the regular points.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
The bonus points capping of 15000 points is on monthly basis and does not depend on your settlement date...

If you have reached the limit for October month then use the card in next month i.e. 1st November....

Just remember the capping is only for the bonus points and not the regular points.
Are u sure about settlement date? Have u tried it or Any source of this information?

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Have been using infinia for 2 years now... I am 100% sure... Capping is monthly, it has nothing to do with your credit card bill generation or payment date...
I think you are mixing up settlement date of transaction by bank to vendor with payment settlement date by card holder.

Hdfc terms are clear that all of it is based on transaction settlement date. Better to do transaction on 1 Nov to avoid instant settlement cases.