• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Bank Smartbuy Reward Limit Revised For Infinia Credit Card | Daily Caping Removed

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank has removed the smartbuy portal daily maximum points capping from its Infinia credit card. Earlier, it was limited to 7500 reward points per day, but now it has been increased to 15,000 points per day, which is equivalent to the monthly capping.
Screenshot 2023-08-01 at 9.28.17 AM.png
So, if you want to make significant spends on smartbuy portal or already have big transactions planned, you can now complete the monthly target in a single day, which was not possible earlier due to the daily capping.
I must say, the daily capping was sufficient for most people, but having no cap is definitely a liberating feeling, making it a good move from HDFC Bank.

bonheur

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Reward points or Cashback will be posted within 90 working days from the last date of transaction month.

I don't recall if they used to have this specific clause earlier, can someone please confirm? RPs at least for their premium cards get credited on statement generation every month and not after 90 days.

Rishi Singh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Probably to attract magnus holders?
Axis has issued magnus to every tom, dick and harry... I don't think that HDFC will promise Infinia reserve to Axis magnus holders... They will keep this card exclusive so that everyone aims for it but only select few will get it based on their relationship with the bank...

Krishna_LFC

TF Buzz
HDFC Bank has removed the smartbuy portal daily maximum points capping from its Infinia credit card. Earlier, it was limited to 7500 reward points per day, but now it has been increased to 15,000 points per day, which is equivalent to the monthly capping.
So, if you want to make significant spends on smartbuy portal or already have big transactions planned, you can now complete the monthly target in a single day, which was not possible earlier due to the daily capping.
I must say, the daily capping was sufficient for most people, but having no cap is definitely a liberating feeling, making it a good move from HDFC Bank.
Its still caping at 7500 when trying to buy instant vouchers via gftyr using infinifa

Attachments

• Web capture_2-8-2023_121435_www.gyftr.com.jpeg
    Web capture_2-8-2023_121435_www.gyftr.com.jpeg
    184.3 KB · Views: 82

UKJ

TF Buzz
That is just an estimation of the points, might be that they have not yet updated that part of the Smartbuy website to reflect 15000 points in payment preview.
You can confirm with Infinia Concierge before buying, whether you will get 15k points or not.
It's showing on their main terms page. Means the cap is removed. They'll probably take some time to make changes to all links.

Rishi Singh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
It's showing on their main terms page. Means the cap is removed. They'll probably take some time to make changes to all links.
Just now I had to make a hotel booking of around 30k... Asked the infinia helpline whether the daily capping of 7500 has been removed. They confirmed it has been removed from 1st August and only 15000 daily/monthly capping remains.
Completed the booking.