• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Bank Marriott Bonvoy Credit Card Launched

My case is even worse. They didn't link my existing membership number even though I mentioned it in the form. Now they are not even telling which membership number is linked to the card.
First time I wrote to them, they said new number will be generated. Second time, they said it's my existing number. So until points get posted to MB account, unsure.

First time I wrote to them, they said new number will be generated. Second time, they said it's my existing number. So until points get posted to MB account, unsure.
Did they give you the new number?

Tbh vistara branded cards handled this situation much better.

Did they give you the new number?

Tbh vistara branded cards handled this situation much better.
My last mail with them they said it would be my existing and no new number was generated. I can only confirm when points get credited. It showed up today in the statement one month late and incorrect amount, credit to MB account hasn't happened yet.

login to the account on PC and merge. There is an option in profile to merge accounts need to enter other bonvoy number. Wait for a week. My reservation has not been transferred yet though. Points and full history transferred

login to the account on PC and merge. There is an option in profile to merge accounts need to enter other bonvoy number. Wait for a week. My reservation has not been transferred yet though. Points and full history transferred
So I login to my existing account and then enter the newly created membership by HDFC for merging?
after that will the silver membership gets transferred to the old account?
If I want to transfer points in future, which membership number should I use?

The new one should be kept since it’s linked to card. Points will fall into it. All will be transferred from old to new. U can select which to retain in merging options

For me they told the points would be credited when I pay the Card Fees. The card fees would be generated after 90 days. Still waiting.

They are deliberately pushing the elite nights credit to happen next year... How come other Hdfc cards fees is levied in first statement but for MB they will charge after 90 days? That's pure manipulation.

They are deliberately pushing the elite nights credit to happen next year... How come other Hdfc cards fees is levied in first statement but for MB they will charge after 90 days? That's pure manipulation.
Pretty much, I didn't find this anywhere in the T&Cs while applying also. After couple of mails, they mentioned this.
Folks in US usually get the Marriott CC in Nov-Dec just to hit the next tier. Here, even getting card in Sep doesn't guarantee ENCs.

The ENCs expire on 31st December each year.

Check attached ss of TnC;

1000050632.jpg

So guess its a good thing, and actually needed that the 10 ENCs should be added on our MB accounts after 1st jan.

Just found out, can get complimentary priority pass membership with my mb card thru diners club travel tools app.

Got hit with 1usd (says its refundable) for verification and now I have one more pp account.

That 1usd is indeed refundable right ? LOL can anyone confirm it ?

Few ss attached for ease of understanding.

1000050642.jpg
1000050643.jpg
1000050644.jpg

It's not a good thing for folks who have taken the card to move to the next tier. Eg : 15+ nights with 10 ENC move to Gold, 40+ nights with 10 ENC move to Platinum.
As I understood, membership tier and ENCs both have different rules.

Whatever ENCs anyone got will expire on 31st dec each year. Membership expiry is seperate and dependant of account activity.

So even the next tier membership is delayed till new year, members will get 1 full year of tier benefits, irrespective of the "31st dec expiry" rule.

Got my points in the Bonvoy account today for card spends, my card fee is due only next month
Same happened to me as well, but with a slight difference.. they added 20 points less in my mb account. Emailing going on since last week.

Is there anyone in this forum who had 15 to 20 nights got this card and got upgraded to gold immediately without 10 enc credit seen in Account since that should be happening after fees statmeant generation

Is there anyone in this forum who had 15 to 20 nights got this card and got upgraded to gold immediately without 10 enc credit seen in Account since that should be happening after fees statmeant generation
Looks like HDFC and Marriott are deliberately delaying the credit of ENC to next year..

I got the card last week and I got silver elite status. not sure about the night credits.

My experience so far here 👆

Back