• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Marriott Bonvoy Credit Card Review

Editor’s note: This is a recurring post, regularly updated with new information and offers. Last Updated 18th October 2023.

HDFC Bank has recently launched the most speculated and much-awaited Marriott Bonvoy cobranded credit card in India. This is the first credit card ever launched in India by one of the most renowned global hotel chains in the world. The card is available on the Diners Club platform.

Here’s everything you wish to know about the card.

Charges and Welcome Benefits

Joining Fees₹3000 + GST
Welcome Benefits1) 1 Free Award Night (valued up to 15,000 Marriott Bonvoy points)
2) 10 Elite Night Credits (ENCs) under the Marriott Bonvoy Program
3) Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite Status
Renewal Fees₹3000 + GST
Renewal Benefits1 Free Award Night (valued up to 15,000 Marriott Bonvoy points)
Renewal Fee WaiverNIL
The welcome benefit on this card is easily worth ₹7,500 minimum which is much more than the fee paid. Allow up to 12 weeks after paying the Joining Fee or Annual Membership Fee, or fulfilling the relevant spending thresholds, for your Free Night Award to be automatically
deposited into your Marriott Bonvoy Member Account.

Reward Points Accrual

Spends AreaEarn RateMonthly Capping
All retail spends*2 Marriott Bonvoy Points per ₹150 spentNIL
Travel, Dining and Entertainment4 Marriott Bonvoy Points per ₹150 spent53335 Marriott Bonvoy Points (monthly spends
threshold of ₹10,00,000)
Marriott Hotels8 Marriott Bonvoy Points per ₹150 spent13335 Marriott Bonvoy Points (monthly spends
threshold of ₹5,00,000)
*Except for Fuel, Rental Payments, Packers and Movers, Government Transactions, Wallet loads, and Easy EMI transactions.

• The points will be credited to your Marriott Bonvoy account within 3 months of bill generation.
  • Maximum Eligible Spend for earning Marriott Bonvoy Points on grocery store spend (i.e., 2 Marriott Bonvoy Points per ₹150) will be capped at spends of INR 1,50,000 per month (i.e., maximum 2000 Marriott Bonvoy Points could be earned on grocery spends per month).

Reward Points Redemption

For Marriott Bonvoy we can assume one MB point to be easily around 50p though you can extract more than Re 1 at some properties in some regions.

Spends AreaReward Rate
All retail spends*0.66%
Travel, Dining and Entertainment1.33%
Marriott Hotels2.66%

Milestone Benefits

• 1 Free Night Award on Eligible Spend of ₹6 lakhs in an Anniversary Year
  • 1 Free Night Award on Eligible Spend of ₹9 lakhs in an Anniversary Year
  • 1 Free Night Award on Eligible Spend of ₹15 lakhs in an Anniversary Year
Each Free Night Award is valid for 12 months and can be redeemed for a one-night stay, inclusive of room rate and applicable taxes, at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy with a redemption level of up to 15,000 Marriott Bonvoy Points.

Other Benefits

Airport Lounge Access

Access Via - Credit Card
Complimentary Domestic Limit - 12 Visits/ Calendar year within India
Network - Diners Club India

Access Via - Credit Card
Complimentary International Limit - 12 Visits/ Calendar year on lounges outside India.

Golf Access

• Get access to 2 Complimentary golf lessons per quarter at select golf courses in India.
  • Get 2 Complimentary Golf course access per quarter at select premium golf courses in India and golf courses internationally.

Fuel Surcharge Waiver

No fuel surcharge waiver is applicable on this card.

Insurance Coverage

• Delay or loss of checked-in baggage cover of up to $250
  • Loss of travel documents cover of up to $250
  • Flight delay cover of up to $250
  • Air accidental cover of up to $12,500
  • Emergency medical expenses up to $18,750
  • Credit shield of up to ₹100,000
  • Loss liability cover of up to ₹100,000

Concierge Services

Enjoy the exclusive Concierge Services on your Marriott Bonvoy HDFC Bank Credit Card. Customers can connect to the concierge number from 9 a.m.-9 p.m.

Toll Free: 18003093100

Email: support@marriotthdfcbank.com

Forex Markup Charges

• FCY Markup Fee: 3.5%+GST
  • Reward Rate: 0.66%
  • Net: –3.5% (loss)

Eligibility

Officially the bank has the following criteria but can vary as per your relationship with the bank.

For Salaried Indian national

• Net Monthly Income > ₹1 Lakh
For Self Employed Indian national

• ITR > ₹15 Lakhs per annum.

Last Thoughts

The mediocre features of this card suggest that Marriott is looking to tap into new customers or many who stay at Marriott properties but not into their loyalty programme Marriott Bonvoy. I am also expecting a much more premium card either from HDFC Bank or ICICI Bank soon. This card is up for keep since the joining fee is well compensated by the joining benefits even if you don't spend on this card.

What are your thoughts about this card? Feel free to share in the comments below.

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Starting with the CON;

Annual fees will be cut on 3rd statement. After which, it will take another 12 weeks to get the welcome benefits of 10 ENC + 1 FAN.

Bank make you a new marriott bonvoy account. No option to use your old account. Once your new marriott bonvoy account has been created, you can merge it with your old account, only after 30 days.

Points earned with this card, will reflect on your marriott bonvoy account between 60 to 90 days.

Bank have the categories wrong. Some food categories, are showing as groceries, so got 2 points instead of 4.

Now the PRO;

12 domestic + 12 international lounge access can be shared with addon cards, on the diners club platform. 3 addon cards max.

Can get complimentary virtual priority pass for primary card holder.

This card for me is - peet bhar khana khao, points banao, then hotel book karke so jao.

Last edited:

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Acceptance of Diner Club platform?
My experience in this so far....

Not accepted at fairfield by marriott, t2 mumbai (tried jan 2024). Front desk said, they doesnt have network tieup with diners club. But their website says, it does.

Not accepted at any marriott bonvoy participating hotels in indonesia (including bali), as diners club doesnt have any network in this country (Tries today, as i am in bali rn).

elite34700

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Starting with the CON;

Annual fees will be cut on 3rd statement. After which, it will take another 12 weeks to get the welcome benefits of 10 ENC + 1 FAN.

Bank make you a new marriott bonvoy account. No option to use your old account. Once your new marriott bonvoy account has been created, you can merge it with your old account, only after 30 days.

Points earned with this card, will reflect on your marriott bonvoy account between 60 to 90 days.

Bank have the categories wrong. Some food categories, are showing as groceries, so got 2 points instead of 4.

Now the PRO;

12 domestic + 12 international lounge access can be shared with addon cards, on the diners club platform. 3 addon cards max.

Can get complimentary virtual priority pass for primary card holder.

This card for me is - peet bhar khana khao, points banao, then hotel book karke so jao.
You are wrong . Benefits are credit post 3 weeks of 1st transaction. Tried and tested. Recheck your facts.

ALOAK

TF Premier
My experience in this so far....

Not accepted at fairfield by marriott, t2 mumbai (tried jan 2024). Front desk said, they doesnt have network tieup with diners club. But their website says, it does.

Not accepted at any marriott bonvoy participating hotels in indonesia (including bali), as diners club doesnt have any network in this country (Tries today, as i am in bali rn).
Same issue in thailand when i visoted in jan 2024 Amex and diners not accepted only visa and mastercard. Had to use my std chd ultimate card and charged smoothly.

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Same issue in thailand when i visoted in jan 2024 Amex and diners not accepted only visa and mastercard. Had to use my std chd ultimate card and charged smoothly.
Just went to the domestic concorde lounge bali indonesia yesterday, the hdfc marriott diners club card was accepted. I was so happy haha.

Everywhere else in indonesia I tried to swipe this card, it says "chip not detected", so i was little bit worried that the card had gone bad.

But yesterday, the lounge host says , sure i will check, and it worked. I had an addon card in my wife's name, and it worked also - just had to choose option - "new checkin".

Also, my yes first business cc also worked 1st time on the same lounge as well, using the pp network and it deducted 1usd, but didnt needed the cc pin. Got email from yes bank though.

And oh, we spend more than 5hr+ inside. I went out a couple of times and was welcomed back with smiling faces.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240316_110835_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20240316_110835_Video Player.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20240316_110842_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20240316_110842_Video Player.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20240316_110934_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20240316_110934_Video Player.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20240316_110959_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20240316_110959_Video Player.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Aditya12

TF Premier
Install the diners club app. Go to lounges, and it will open the pp site. Just register your diners card and you will get a virtual pp account.
It takes me here. Does not open PP app.
Update: I did some search and was able to register the bonvoy CC directly on the PP website. The app now shows virtual card. Thanks!!

IMG_0299.png

Last edited: