• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Bank Credit Card Lifetime Free Conversion Conditions 2022

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank recently updated their terms and conditions for converting a credit card to a lifetime free credit card.
According to the new conditions, we get 3 options (for maximum cards) for converting a credit card to a lifetime free card.

Credit CardAnnual FeesLIFETIME FREE
(You've to fulfil any one of the condition within first 90 days of card issuance)
CSC Small Business MoneybackRs. 250+GSTSpend Rs. 20,000
IndianOil / Freedom / MoneyBack / MoneyBack + / Business MoneyBack / Indigo-6E RewardsRs. 500+GST; Indigo 6E Rewards- Rs. 700+GSTSpend Rs. 30,000 / Apply for an Add on card / Balance Transfer (Min INR 10K transaction)
MillenniaRs. 1000+GSTSpend Rs. 50,000 / Apply for an Add on card / Balance Transfer (Min INR 10K transaction)
Diners Privilege / Regalia / Business Regalia / Indigo-6E Rewards XLRs. 2500+GSTSpend Rs. 1,00,000 / Apply for an Add on card / Balance Transfer (Min INR 10K transaction)

Balance Transfer- Moving outstanding debt on one credit card to another card— is a balance transfer.
You can't convert HDFC Infinia & DCB credit cards lifetime free using the above methods.

SmartPay LTF option is no longer available for new registration, but bank can offer SmartPay option to selected customers, check your application form for available offers while applying for a new credit card.
*Upgraded credit cards are also eligible.

For the add-on card condition , If I apply for my wife but she already have HDFC credit card.
Will that be possible or I need to close my wife CC first and then apply for add on card.
Anyone know this case.

thekirang

TF Select
I received Moneyback CC on 18th April though I had applied for Millenia. So I mailed at grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com regarding the same. They upgraded to Millenia, and I received it on 11th May.

I had done ₹20K spends on Moneyback, those were transferred to Millenia automatically. After receiving the card I did around ₹35K spends (including Rent payment and offline spend). I called CC after this, but they told me I need to spend 3 lakhs in 90 days to make it LTF. I was pissed off after hearing this As I was shown 50K spend in 90 days criteria while applying. I replied back to the same ID attaching screenshot of the above spend criteria which I was shown while applying. After 2 days got a reply that my card has been converted to LTF. I confirmed the same with customer care on call.
Same happened with me..I applied Millenia LTF, they approved Moneyback... don't know whether is LTF or not

Qwaszx123

TF Neo
HDFC Bank recently updated their terms and conditions for converting a credit card to a lifetime free credit card.
According to the new conditions, we get 3 options (for maximum cards) for converting a credit card to a lifetime free card.

(You've to fulfil any one of the condition within first 90 days of card issuance)
IndianOil / Freedom / MoneyBack / MoneyBack + / Business MoneyBack / Indigo-6E RewardsRs. 500+GST; Indigo 6E Rewards- Rs. 700+GSTSpend Rs. 30,000 / Apply for an Add on card / Balance Transfer (Min INR 10K transaction)
MillenniaRs. 1000+GSTSpend Rs. 50,000 / Apply for an Add on card / Balance Transfer (Min INR 10K transaction)
Diners Privilege / Regalia / Business Regalia / Indigo-6E Rewards XLRs. 2500+GSTSpend Rs. 1,00,000 / Apply for an Add on card / Balance Transfer (Min INR 10K transaction)

Balance Transfer- Moving outstanding debt on one credit card to another card— is a balance transfer.
You can't convert HDFC Infinia & DCB credit cards lifetime free using the above methods.

SmartPay LTF option is no longer available for new registration, but bank can offer SmartPay option to selected customers, check your application form for available offers while applying for a new credit card.
Just talked to the HDFC bank customer care - they told me that the above is not valid on upgraded cards (upgrading from Milllenia to Regalia), should I still assume that the above 3 conditions are valid?

How to check whether card is unconditional LTF or conditional LTF?
FYI I upgraded my card from Moneyback 2016 to Regalia First in 2016 and to Regalia in 2019. Still no upgrade offer but limit 4L

As I utilize 1L every year… hence no fees till now but now I got SC Ultimate which I am planning to use as Primary card for some time, Now not sure whether 1L condition could be fulfilled or not

Bob78900

TF Premier
How to check whether card is unconditional LTF or conditional LTF?
FYI I upgraded my card from Moneyback 2016 to Regalia First in 2016 and to Regalia in 2019. Still no upgrade offer but limit 4L
Brother mail or call customer care and ask them whether your card is ltf or not simple. This is the only option you have to check you ltf status

Mritunjay

TF Premier
So just applying for an add on will make a new card LTF too? Much easier than the other 2 options unless there's some catch involved.
Asked hdfc staff for this, you need to open an account in hdfc to get an add-on card. So, you need to maintain some minimum balance also in that account. Showed them that it is mentioned on the website that add-on card without an account is possible via offline application. He asked some other staff and said it is not possible. Can someone confirm this?
I think they will create an account via offline route.

pratikjain4

TF Premier
I have got an upgrade offer for my LTF Millennia to DCP, but the upgrade page shows Annual Membership Fee: 2500.
Do the above LTF conversion conditions also apply for such upgrades ? I want to upgrade to DCP for it's Intl lounge access, but only if I get it OR I can convert it to LTF. Please suggest.

venkat

TF Buzz
I have got an upgrade offer for my LTF Millennia to DCP, but the upgrade page shows Annual Membership Fee: 2500.
Do the above LTF conversion conditions also apply for such upgrades ? I want to upgrade to DCP for it's Intl lounge access, but only if I get it OR I can convert it to LTF. Please suggest.
Mail them at customerservices.cards@hdfcbank.com and request for ltf mostly they might convert.

Recently got my 9yr old paid Moneyback converted to LTF Millennia (got it shipped)

Mogul

TF Buzz

So, if I'm going with Millennia and have completed 50k transaction. Does it convert to LFT be default or i will have to raise a request?

Because I couldn't find anything related to this in HDFC website

Gkcards

TF Select
VIP Lounge

If you are IIT/IIM, and some other institutes i think, Alumni, you can get Diners Black LTF.