• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Has anyone actually redeemed MR points earned through the Platinum Travel card on the Gold Collection?

pleasegiveltf

TF Select
I hold a MRCC card which is good for spends up to 20k. I'm planning on getting the Platinum Travel card, aiming mainly to redeem the MR points against the gold collection, since the value of MR points otherwise is too low (and I don't travel so I'd prefer Amazon GVs).

My question is whether or not I can redeem MR points earned through Platinum Travel against the gold collection as the Mr points will get credited into a common pool.

The technofino review for Amex Platinum Travel says we can do that, while I just saw a comment that someone was unable to do this! The customer care rep also mentioned that I cannot redeem Platinum Travel MR points against the gold collection.

Has anyone actually redeemed MR points from other cards against the gold collection?

hrishig

TF Select
VIP Lounge
So basically even though they get added to a common pool they're tracking which card contributed to the points in the backend
I have both cards, and I see different pools/ points based on the card selected. MRCC and amex plat charge can be in the same pool but Plat travel is a different pool.

hrishig

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I asked chat support . They said we can use plat. Travel card reward points on gold collection as well
The gold redemption option is missing when plat travel is selected but is available for MRCC and plat charge cards. Do we know the steps to redeem plat travel points for gold collection?

Gemi_Fin

TF Buzz
I hold a MRCC card which is good for spends up to 20k. I'm planning on getting the Platinum Travel card, aiming mainly to redeem the MR points against the gold collection, since the value of MR points otherwise is too low (and I don't travel so I'd prefer Amazon GVs).

My question is whether or not I can redeem MR points earned through Platinum Travel against the gold collection as the Mr points will get credited into a common pool.

The technofino review for Amex Platinum Travel says we can do that, while I just saw a comment that someone was unable to do this! The customer care rep also mentioned that I cannot redeem Platinum Travel MR points against the gold collection.

Has anyone actually redeemed MR points from other cards against the gold collection?
Yes, you can redeem for the gold collection. I have done it recently, MR points pool into a same bucket & while redeeming select your MRCC card on top right section to show the gold collection vouchers, use the common pool of MR points to redeem.

You won’t find the gold collection option if you select Amex platinum travel while in the redemption screen.

pleasegiveltf

TF Select
Yes, you can redeem for the gold collection. I have done it recently, MR points pool into a same bucket & while redeeming select your MRCC card on top right section to show the gold collection vouchers, use the common pool of MR points to redeem.

You won’t find the gold collection option if you select Amex platinum travel while in the redemption screen.
Oh that's nice. Thanks for this clarification!

pleasegiveltf

TF Select
I have both cards, and I see different pools/ points based on the card selected. MRCC and amex plat charge can be in the same pool but Plat travel is a different pool.
You mean if you choose MRCC you are shown a different # of MR points and if you choose a different card, you get a different # of MR points?

pleasegiveltf

TF Select
The gold redemption option is missing when plat travel is selected but is available for MRCC and plat charge cards. Do we know the steps to redeem plat travel points for gold collection?
As long as the points are getting into a single MR points account you can just select MRCC to redeem in the gold collection, right?

Hisoka

TF Ace
I upgraded my MRCC card to Platinum Travel few months back and now all the Gold collection vouchers seem to be gone. I was under the assumption that we get 2:1 value for Vistara points but it's 3:1. Gold collection is better than Vistara as it's providing 24:9 (37.4% value back vs 33% value back on Vistara) value for Amazon vouchers.

Any way I can use the gold collection on my Platinum Travel? Or is there any way I can downgrade my Plat travel to MRCC card?

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
you can't. gold collection is available for MRCC & Gold. no clue on platinum charge if it available or not. even thought it should/could be since it also a charge card.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
I upgraded my MRCC card to Platinum Travel few months back and now all the Gold collection vouchers seem to be gone. I was under the assumption that we get 2:1 value for Vistara points but it's 3:1. Gold collection is better than Vistara as it's providing 24:9 (37.4% value back vs 33% value back on Vistara) value for Amazon vouchers.

Any way I can use the gold collection on my Platinum Travel? Or is there any way I can downgrade my Plat travel to MRCC card?
i guess you didn't knew, for example same amazon voucher in gold collection 18MR point give you 7k amazon/flipkart voucher vs 20,000 MR Plantitun point needed for 4k Amazon Voucher. that why once shouldn't upgrade their MRCC to Plantium and rather get travel cc as 2nd cc from amex and then you can redeem and cancel MRCC if not needed. did you did for that 10,000 MR point and 1k amazon voucher.

Hisoka

TF Ace
i guess you didn't knew, for example same amazon voucher in gold collection 18MR point give you 7k amazon/flipkart voucher vs 20,000 MR Plantitun point needed for 4k Amazon Voucher. that why once shouldn't upgrade their MRCC to Plantium and rather get travel cc as 2nd cc from amex and then you can redeem and cancel MRCC if not needed. did you did for that 10,000 MR point and 1k amazon voucher.
The only reason for me to upgrade was that I was getting 20k points as joining/upgrade benefit as opposed to 10k for Platinum travel. Otherwise I'd have not upgraded to this card, I was happy with my MRCC.