• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

GPay Suddenly woke up from Slumber

Tosh

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So I have been using GPay for years now and very frequently (multiple times a day) until July last year but never had any offers in there. Now I had stopped it as I don't do much UPI transactions.

So recently used it again last week and today when I check I suddenly had offer for Axis Ace and Cibil check option made available to me.

Now the question is I already have DCB which has base reward rate of 3.3 and SBI Cashback for anything else where I cannot use smartbuy. So do I need Ace credit card for anything?

All suggestions are welcome.

Faust

TF Select
The Axis Ace option has been available since many months. I got it from Axis directly so I didn't apply from GPay.

The advantage Axis Ace has over SBI cashback is 2% on offline spends and 5% on utilities via GPay. So you need to check how much you spend on utilities and in-store purchases.

Can't comment on the DCB as I find the points system confusing and use only the CB system of Ace now.

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
The Axis Ace option has been available since many months. I got it from Axis directly so I didn't apply from GPay.

The advantage Axis Ace has over SBI cashback is 2% on offline spends and 5% on utilities via GPay. So you need to check how much you spend on utilities and in-store purchases.

Can't comment on the DCB as I find the points system confusing and use only the CB system of Ace now.
Cashback can cover utility spends via Amazon Pay

Only place where it's better than Cashback is for offline for which he has DCB

So I have been using GPay for years now and very frequently (multiple times a day) until July last year but never had any offers in there. Now I had stopped it as I don't do much UPI transactions.

So recently used it again last week and today when I check I suddenly had offer for Axis Ace and Cibil check option made available to me.

Now the question is I already have DCB which has base reward rate of 3.3 and SBI Cashback for anything else where I cannot use smartbuy. So do I need Ace credit card for anything?

All suggestions are welcome.
If you have huge utility bills then you can consider it otherwise ignore.

HVS

TF Premier

How did you get it directly from axis? Customer care denying to offer it on call.

vysakh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Nope. DCB covers most of your expenses and at places where it's not accepted, you've the SBI cashback.
The Ace is better than cashback for offline spends, but unless you've a significant amount of offline transactions where DCB isn't accepted, you don't need the Ace.
If you're getting Ace LTF or if the SBI cashback is LTF, sure, go for it. Otherwise no, you aren't missing out on anything significant.

Faust

TF Select
Cashback can cover utility spends via Amazon Pay

Only place where it's better than Cashback is for offline for which he has DCB
You are suggesting to pay utilities after purchasing GC on Gyftr? I suppose this will work but is there a chance that the CB on Gyftr will be stopped in the future? (considering the SBI CB has been devalued this year)

Faust

TF Select
How did you get it directly from axis? Customer care denying to offer it on call.
I think I called CC directly and was initially wary of the annual fee.
I believe at this time they offered me Flipkart Axis as LTF.
A few days later I made up my mind to take the Axis Ace as the 2% CB for my insurance premium would make up for the annual fee vs 1.5% CB of the Flipkart Axis.

This was around January 2022

Faust

TF Select
Nope. DCB covers most of your expenses and at places where it's not accepted, you've the SBI cashback.
The Ace is better than cashback for offline spends, but unless you've a significant amount of offline transactions where DCB isn't accepted, you don't need the Ace.
If you're getting Ace LTF or if the SBI cashback is LTF, sure, go for it. Otherwise no, you aren't missing out on anything significant.
I checked to see whether they would give away the Ace LTF by asking them to cancel the card since they don't offer CB on insurance premiums anymore. They did not and asked me to retain the card since no annual fee would be applied as I had spent > 2 lakhs the previous year. Will wait till December and decide what to do.

Additonally, no SBI card is offered LTF from what I gathered in the forums here.

Tosh

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
i ignore axis ace, even it showing me to apply until 31.3.2023 and 500 rs amazon voucher but not gonna apply.
I think I will also be ignoring it. Spent some time thinking and I already have enough cards to cover all bases. Like @Slayer said DCB for offline and rest all can be done via some other cards.

Axis ace is a hot pick hence wanted to hear views before taking a call. Thanks all!

Faust

TF Select
I think I will also be ignoring it. Spent some time thinking and I already have enough cards to cover all bases. Like @Slayer said DCB for offline and rest all can be done via some other cards.

Axis ace is a hot pick hence wanted to hear views before taking a call. Thanks all!
What is the fee you are paying for DCB? Any way to get it LTF?