• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Gpay discontinued Monthly electricity (wbsedcl )bill payment.

Ekavya

TF Premier
It's confusing how he is able to pay monthly bills on PhonePe but not Google Pay when both apps are partnered with BHARAT BILLPAY to facilitate electricity bill payments.
IMG_20240505_154325.jpg
"partial payment aren't allowed by the biller" 🥲 (Via Tata Neu)

By any chance, this month meter reading n other related activities are SUSPENDED in WB - DUE TO ELECTIONS ?

Is it because of that reason, WBEB is asking for such an inflated bill for this month ?

Anil_Singh

TF Ace
By any chance, this month meter reading n other related activities are SUSPENDED in WB - DUE TO ELECTIONS ?

Is it because of that reason, WBEB is asking for such an inflated bill for this month ?
Inflated bills are everywhere. Telangana is no exception. I hate slab wise tariff.

Ekavya

TF Premier

Meter reading isn't suspended. It's not a inflated bill but a bill of 1 quarter. (Normal for my home). But the problem is they aren't allowing monthly bill payment in Gpay. Monthly bill payment opetion is still active in their website.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Gpay CC saying that it's a problem from Electricity Board. But it's ok on Phonepe
Phonepe bill also under BBPS ? if yes then contact GPay and explain everything.

Told them other BBPS apps allow to pay monthly bills.

Update - just show your phonepe screenshot (hope both are paid through BBPS).

Told GPay to add monthly biller option too.

Explain them 2 types of wbsedcl bill available one is monthly and another is Quarterly.

Add the wbsedcl monthly biller too.

Ekavya

TF Premier

Explain them 2 types of wbsedcl bill available one is monthly and another is Quarterly.

After contacting the GPay support:
1. Biller isn't providing the monthly bill
2. So only can pay the Quarterly Bill
3. The customer care executive will inform the seniors.

In the meantime I will miss the 5% cashback from Axis ace and I have to use Electricity board's website for the bill payment with just 1.5% cashback. (Can also be 0% if the mcc is blocked by Axis ace after the current devaluation 🥲).

But thank you all for the help.

IMG_20240505_165632.jpg IMG_20240505_165649.jpg IMG_20240505_165749.jpg

Ekavya

TF Premier

To make things worse Gpay/ PhonePe stop supporting Bharat QR code (As it seems. As I can't pay using those QR codes from my electricity board's website)

scn

TF Select
sometimes for some months bbps for some sites do not work correctly after there is an update from biller end
Already facing these types of issue with my insurance payment month on month basic. Sometimes Tata Neu app bbps not working while Amazon, phonepe is working for the same biller
Sometimes Amazon has issue but phonepe, tataneu works good