• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Gpay discontinued Monthly electricity (wbsedcl )bill payment.

Ekavya

TF Premier
I used to pay monthly electricity bills of my extended family members using Axis ace from Gpay. They only pay monthly electricity bill. But now it seems Gpay has discontiued the option to pay monthly Electricity bill. Instead we have to pay the electricity bill of 3 months. Which is not possible for me. So now I have to close the card before the annual fees. So some devaluation can't be measured in numbers. Well done axis/gpay.

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I used to pay monthly electricity bills of my extended family members using Axis ace from Gpay. They only pay monthly electricity bill. But now it seems Gpay has discontiued the option to pay monthly Electricity bill. Instead we have to pay the electricity bill of 3 months. Which is not possible for me. So now I have to close the card before the annual fees. So some devaluation can't be measured in numbers. Well done axis/gpay.
Google Pay does not have control over bill payment frequency. Perhaps it's your electricity provider who stopped monthly bill payments.

Ekavya

TF Premier
Google Pay does not have control over bill payment frequency. Perhaps it's your electricity provider who stopped monthly bill payments.
In official website I can still pay on a monthly basis. But not in gpay anymore.

May be your state electricity board doesn't want GPay to handle their payments and comfortable with others. Their bill data clearly shows May-to-June - over which GPay has no control. Some politics related decisions, probably. Wait till a couple of months n then decide.

Ekavya

TF Premier
May be your state electricity board doesn't want GPay to handle their payments and comfortable with others. Their bill data clearly shows May-to-June - over which GPay has no control. Some politics related decisions, probably. Wait till a couple of months n then decide.
Thanks for the clarification. It could be the reason.

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It's confusing how he is able to pay monthly bills on PhonePe but not Google Pay when both apps are partnered with BHARAT BILLPAY to facilitate electricity bill payments.

Ekavya

TF Premier
Even I am able to pay monthly bill for Bangalore. It seems very specific to your state.
Hum! No problem with other electricity boards.
1000225389.jpg
1000225390.jpg
PhonePe and Google Pay both show two billers for WBSEDCL. Have you tried both on Google Pay? Are they both quarterly?

Thanks for highlighting this. But it the 2nd biller isn't working on Gpay. I will try few more times though