• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Got HDFC Millenia pre-approved, a first time HDFC user

CyberPsych

TF Ace
Got call from HDFC and they said I am eligible for credit card. I asked them if it is Millenia & LTF, I am ready to apply right now. They said yes, you have that card pre-approved as LTF. Got the card today. Since this is my first thing with HDFC banking (I have no bank account), I have few questions:

1) I can access MyCards App in phone but for net banking it asks userID to register my credit card. When I proceed with the 'forgot user ID' steps, it shows no user ID can be extracted/retrieved. All the documents in the courier does not have nay user ID/customer ID. How can I know my user ID/customer ID?
2) I asked them in the verification call whether I can get Rupay, they said t's VISA variant which is pre-approved for you. But what have I received is Diner's Club, no VISA nor Mastercard. What is this Diner's club? Never heard of it. Will it work in all online and offline transactions? (it seems like its related to food/restaurants, but I don't eat at restaurants much)
3) How long should I wait before converting this to Rupay variant (as I am planning to link it to my UPI)?
4) Please share how can I use this card to pay other CC bills by loading wallets and get cashback & which digital wallet works well this Diner's Club variant?
5) Can we change billing cycle ourselves or we contacting customer care is the only option?

Last edited:

CyberPsych

TF Ace
you have create userid and password for only credit card net banking portal. https://netportal.hdfcbank.com/login#/openMarketLoginCC
This link is what I am speaking on. There is a register option asks for user ID. If I give "forget user ID", what I have said in the original point #1 happens.

rupay is not available* for millennia *- can't confirm/not sure
The verification call agent confirmed I can convert to Rupay if I want at a later time but she didn't know the time frame and requested me to ask to the welcome call I receive after activating the card (yet to receive the call because it's Sunday).

P.S. One more question added --> 5) Can we change billing cycle ourselves or we contacting customer care is the only option?

pprakash11

TF Prestige
This link is what I am speaking on. There is a register option asks for user ID. If I give "forget user ID", what I have said in the original point #1 happens.
That user ID you have to choose yourself bro. 🤭
P.S. One more question added --> 5) Can we change billing cycle ourselves or we contacting customer care is the only option?
Only customer care. Once in a year/ once in 06 months.

BeingIncog

TF Legend
create new. i created new one.
The verification call agent confirmed I can convert to Rupay if I want at a later time but she didn't know the time frame and requested me to ask to the welcome call I receive after activating the card (yet to receive the call because it's Sunday).
Millennia Rupay variant is not yet available. time frame would be 3-6 months, not sure. mine is mastercard.

CyberPsych

TF Ace
That user ID you have to choose yourself bro. 🤭
Holly Molly, why I didn't think of this 🤣
Millennia Rupay variant is not yet available. time frame would be 3-6 months, not sure. mine is mastercard
okay thanks, I heard Rupay variant cards don't show EMI options in Amazon/Flipkart (be it any bank card), is this true?

Last edited:

BeingIncog

TF Legend
okay thanks, I heard Rupay variant cards don;t show EMI options in Amazon/Flipkart (be it any bank card), is this true?

Tejo

TF Legend
Got call from HDFC and they said I am eligible for credit card. I asked them if it is Millenia & LTF, I am ready to apply right now. They said yes, you have that card pre-approved as LTF. Got the card today. Since this is my first thing with HDFC banking (I have no bank account), I have few questions:

1) I can access MyCards App in phone but for net banking it asks userID to register my credit card. When I proceed with the 'forgot user ID' steps, it shows no user ID can be extracted/retrieved. All the documents in the courier does not have nay user ID/customer ID. How can I know my user ID/customer ID?
2) I asked them in the verification call whether I can get Rupay, they said t's VISA variant which is pre-approved for you. But what have I received is Diner's Club, no VISA nor Mastercard. What is this Diner's club? Never heard of it. Will it work in all online and offline transactions? (it seems like its related to food/restaurants, but I don't eat at restaurants much)
3) How long should I wait before converting this to Rupay variant (as I am planning to link it to my UPI)?
4) Please share how can I use this card to pay other CC bills by loading wallets and get cashback & which digital wallet works well this Diner's Club variant?
5) Can we change billing cycle ourselves or we contacting customer care is the only option?
If you got millenia rupay then post here.

Mostly diners will not accepted at several places, saying about offline.

If you want rupay then you request upi card with shared limit saying diners card is not being accepted at your nearby shops.

It's diners, so no use of wallet reloading and you won't benefit mostly for rotating from diners card.

My advice, don't use card for miscellaneous things just use for real spends avoid gift cards, bill payment, wallet reloads.

Just send a pic that a pos was not accepting diners card.
Then ask for network franchise change to visa.

If rupay conversion possible then take.

Apply for tata neu card. Just do 10 orders in tat neu they might give ltf or fyf.

_na_cheese

TF Premier

You can pay cc bills for kotak and bob from the new payzapp.

Just load the amout to your payzapp wallet with your millenia or any other cc and pay the bill with that and it'll be settled within an hour.

The con with this is that you can only play full bill amt. Advance or partial payments dont work and only kotak and bob cards are supported by this method.

CyberPsych

TF Ace
Mostly diners will not accepted at several places, saying about offline.
Main reasons for getting this card is it's LTF, 5% on online stores and 1% on wallet reloads. If it was paid, I would have rejected the card. I will apply for Axis Ace soon and use it for offline spends, so most if my HDFC will be online, so I am good with Diners? Is there a different thread where we can read/discuss what major online sites don't accept Diners card?

My advice, don't use card for miscellaneous things just use for real spends avoid gift cards, bill payment, wallet reloads.
Yes, I do not want to use for miscellaneous, so I asked for wallet reloads and using that wallet for paying other CC bills.

Apply for tata neu card. Just do 10 orders in tat neu they might give ltf or fyf.
Sadly, HDFC allows only one card per person and I already received mine and activated.

CyberPsych

TF Ace
Did you apply through an agent through C2C? and how did you send the documents?
They used to call me then and there for last 4-5 months, I kept rejecting, but after discovering TechnoFino I decided to buy cards if it is LTF. They collected the documents in WhatsApp but requested me to tell in verification call That an agent came to my home to collect documents. First they asked for C2C, but then they said C2C is not applicable when working from home because they can't use my company name in the application under corporate channel and asked me for last 3 months payslip and another CC's last 2 month e-statement to apply successfully.

CyberPsych

TF Ace

You can pay cc bills for kotak and bob from the new payzapp.

Just load the amout to your payzapp wallet with your millenia or any other cc and pay the bill with that and it'll be settled within an hour.

The con with this is that you can only play full bill amt. Advance or partial payments dont work and only kotak and bob cards are supported by this method.
I do not own Kotak or BOB cards. Since wallet reloads give 1%, can I load paytm wallet and then pay Axis credit card bill through paytm wallet?

Tejo

TF Legend
what major online sites don't accept Diners card?
All websites will accept, might Paytm PG is not accepting.

For wallet loads, insurance, rent, bill pay might charged extra
Sadly, HDFC allows only one card per person and I already received mine and activated.
Nope two cards, for old customers with virtual upi card, 3.

Get savings or current with hdfc, will useful for dc 1% cashback.
May be for non account holders 1 card.

Axis ace, good luck if you are Applying.