• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Got an email for LTF upgrade to Avios. Help?

repertoire

TF Select
1713599338878.png

I've had a Legend CC for years now and they've offered zero upgrades / limit enhancements in classic Indusind fashion. Even after I begged on my hands and knees for Pinnacle to their PNO. So this is a surprise, lol.

I figure anything is better than Legend. So I clicked on it and they said someone will reach out to me.

I travel internationally once or twice a year. Usually to SEA. I'm in the process of moving to the US though and I expect my air travel to pick up in the future. But I don't know the first thing about airline miles programs. Never used them before. So, should I pick BA or Qatar?

I'm inclined to pick Qatar just because I've seen their flights pop up in my searches more frequently and I think they're more budget-oriented than BA? But is there a deeper calculus here of miles program and transferring miles between airlines?

vijay.vj

TF Ace
Sounds good. How about debit card charges?

Lets say if after working this out, one downgrades to exclusive within 3 months, do they charge for debit card issued with Grande?

Or is it similar to other banks as joining fees is NIL, blocking before a year won't incur annual AMC? and thus one can keep both debit cards (Grande and exclusive) for some time.
Right... get rid of the Grande cards before AMC kicks in...
Don't think they will charge you immediately as its already issued at 0 fee.
They will continue charging annual fees.

Indus allows you to apply for higher variant debit cards as charged ones... your case will get considered same way I suppose

RajeshV

TF Premier
Are you sure that they cant do split limit process for existing customers? This is how many got LTF cards of various Indus CC.
The ABM said that the Grande ₹5000 offer was only for those without existing IndusInd cards (about 4 months back I think), didn't ask for any other possibilities or LTF as they didn't seem like a helpful bunch.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
1713599338878.png

I've had a Legend CC for years now and they've offered zero upgrades / limit enhancements in classic Indusind fashion. Even after I begged on my hands and knees for Pinnacle to their PNO. So this is a surprise, lol.

I figure anything is better than Legend. So I clicked on it and they said someone will reach out to me.

I travel internationally once or twice a year. Usually to SEA. I'm in the process of moving to the US though and I expect my air travel to pick up in the future. But I don't know the first thing about airline miles programs. Never used them before. So, should I pick BA or Qatar?

I'm inclined to pick Qatar just because I've seen their flights pop up in my searches more frequently and I think they're more budget-oriented than BA? But is there a deeper calculus here of miles program and transferring miles between airlines?
As per me this card is good for it's joining benefits
55k Avios on 47k JF payment

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
The ABM said that the Grande ₹5000 offer was only for those without existing IndusInd cards (about 4 months back I think), didn't ask for any other possibilities or LTF as they didn't seem like a helpful bunch.
I was told the same thing when I visited the branch. Only person who has gone through this can confirm.

I received a similar offer and then was contacted by Indus Imd first then directly by the Avios team. There are no joining benefits but rest everything remains same. They said it will be upgraded in 15 working days. It has been 7 days so far and nothing as of now.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I received a similar offer and then was contacted by Indus Imd first then directly by the Avios team. There are no joining benefits but rest everything remains same. They said it will be upgraded in 15 working days. It has been 7 days so far and nothing as of now.
Below is the complete list of differences between paid and LTF version.Apart from annual and joining benefits , international lounge access is not part of the LTF version , rest everything is same.
Screenshot_20240428-003155.png

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Also, all the good benefits are removed. What's the use for LTF version?
International meet & greet
The usage is counter on per person , so if 2 of you are using this facility , it can be availed only once.
Generally a service from Marhaba for a family costs between 8-13k for meet & greet. Good for a LTF card
The USP of this card is annual and joining benefits that are 55k and 10k